Dumb VWL/FW Question--Help please!

shellbelle1971

7 young DIS-ers in our castle
We've never stayed at VWL before. How close are they to Ft. Wilderness? We're considering a VWL stay, but g'ma and g'pa would like to stay in their motor home at FW. Is a walking commute between the two possible? Our kids routinely walk about a mile to school; more than 2 miles and they start to complain. G'ma & G'pa don't like to walk any farther than their mailbox, LOL! What about going from VWL over to the hoop-de-do revue? Is there any other good form of transportation between the two?

I am not sure how far to walk from vwl to ft. wilderness, but you can rent bikes. There is also a boat that goes from vwl to ft wilderness, this is how we got to hoop de doo. Hope this is helpful.

The path between VWL and FW is about 0.8 miles long through the woods. We've seen deer along the path.

During our December stay at VWL we walked to FW a couple of times with our 4 kids (aged 8 to 14) and thoroughly enjoyed it! You can also take a boat ride, we did that to and from the Hoop DD review on Christmas Eve! Sounds like a great plan!!!

It is not a walk you would want to do everyday, but it is a nice to ride a bike.
My children are small, so we take to boat over to FW. We like to go to see the big horses and the pony rides. The boat ride is nice especially on hot days.

It's a nice short walk (definitely less than a mile), and is like going from the city to the country! We loved it.

IMO the boat(s) are the way to go. There are both the small open (but covered) boats that run between WL, FW and CR and the larger enclosed boats that run from MK, WL and FW. In either case you won't wait more than 10 minutes at the dock to get over to FW. FW is rather large and I know they have shuttle busses to get around the campground, but I think most of the activities are up near the boat dock...I think...

Forgot to mention, the path starts just down the road out of the WL resort, before you get to the guard shack. It ends over near the petting zoo area and horse barn.

grandmom and granddad could also rent a golf cart to get around in , although I have no idea if they are allowed any where near WL?
:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter