Dues AND Property Taxes? Am I missing something?!?

pfsrw

Earning My Ears
Yikes! Maybe I'm missing something, but I've been under the impression that the Annual Maintenance Dues INCLUDED the bill for property taxes....

Am I wrong?!? (Hopefully not!)

If property taxes are a separate bill from Annual Maintenance Dues, can someone give me a rough idea of what the taxes run?

(Please pardon my ignorance....I'm just a new DVC owner, trying to comprehend everything I'm reading on this Forum, amongst my excitement at going home to SSR in 8 months!!!!) :eek:

Yes, the bill you get late in the year includes the taxes. It is broken down so you can see what is taxes and what is maintenance.

Your first statement will show estimated property taxes and how much they are taking as part of your maintenance fee.

The next year your statement will show estimated for the next year, but actual for this year. If you itemize deductions, you can deduct the actual taxes paid.

They will adjust next year's estimated payments based on whether they over-withheld or under-withheld this year.

Hope this helps.

To sum it all up - no need to worry about property taxes until tax time. Taxes are included in your dues, they are not "an extra".

Best wishes -

I think you'll find your answer in the document titled PURCHASE AGREEMENT, section 20: Annual Dues.

The section breaks down the estimated $3.80/point figure into separate dues ($3.0214/pt) and taxes ($0.07791/pt).

Thanks to all, for the info! You guys actually answered another question I had, about the billing. Take care! ::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter