DTD to IoA

VS85

Mouseketeer
We are planning on checking out the WWoHP for one day during our weeklong trip. We are staying at the Grand Floridian and when I estimated the cab fare, it was $46 one way, but from DTD it is down to $27! So I thought maybe we could take the bus from the resort to DTD, pick up a quick breakfast and then grab a cab from there to IoA. Are cabs readily available in DTD? Where is the best place to catch them from if we are in the marketplace area? Thanks for any help!

While there are typically plenty of cabs available, any reputable cab company will dispatch upon request. Just call them & tell them when & where you want to be picked up.

Have you looked into renting a car for the day from the Car Care Center? It can be more economical in some cases and then you are on your own schedule. Alamo will provide free shuttle service to/from any resort on property.

:) Hi! I don't think DTD opens til after 10a.m. or something. I would look into the car or hire a cab. I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but it just tickles me that you are staying at the GF and are trying to get to DTD for a cheaper ride. :rolleyes:

:) Hi! I don't think DTD opens til after 10a.m. or something. I would look into the car or hire a cab. I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but it just tickles me that you are staying at the GF and are trying to get to DTD for a cheaper ride. :rolleyes:

:thumbsup2

Thanks!! Maybe we'll just go with the cab.

I knew when I asked my question that I should expect that reaction! Staying at GF is a definite splurge for us! My cousin and I are in our mid-twenties but have dreamed of a GF vacation since we were little girls. We both finally have incomes now after working hard through MBA school (her) and law school (me). So, if we can save a dollar somewhere, we will :) Those loans won't pay themselves! But I get what you mean!

Appreciate your advice with the transportation situation though!

:) Hi! I don't think DTD opens til after 10a.m. or something.
Earl of Sandwich opens for breakfast at 8:30 a.m., Puck's Express at 9 a.m.

The first bus from most resorts to DTD is usually around 8:30 a.m.

Heading to DTD early in the morning is an issue simply because the buses from the resorts, to DTD, don't run all that frequently. There isn't a huge need, so buses are infrequent prior to 9am-ish.

Check out this link...it is a special deal from Dreams UnLimited..you get one day/two park access with round trip transportation from your WDW hotel.

http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/universal/tickets.htm

I've done this several times, with great success. You can call Mears the night before and set up a time to be picked up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter