DTD Hotel - Priceline

kutchyone

DIS Veteran
Will probably be switching to a DTD hotel for the the last 3 nights of our 10 day trip to DW in June to save some money. Please share your experiences with Priceline for DTD hotels with me. I would appreciate any and all details.

Thank you.

If you look on betterbidding.com, you will find information about how much people have paid for DTD rooms through Priceline and there is a list of hotels that people have won. The list also has the description of each hotel so you can usually figure out what you might get for each star level.

I like Hotwire better as you can use the amenities list to figure out which hotel it is. We paid $90/night for the Dolphin in June.

I am not sure but if it is like any other area there is no way to garentee that you will get a DTD hotel through priceline.

Did you just get the Dolphin for June 05? I have been waiting for someone to say they did, I really want to try for it this year! Thanks:teeth:

i am interested in what you said about using hotwire to secure a reservation at the Dolphin. I went to the hotwire site just now and saw one WDW area hotel that looked like it could be the Dolphin, but of course there is no way to tell. Could you tell me what the ammenities were that were listed when you obtained your reservation there? Thanks for any help you could give me.

I've studied the biddingfortravel.com site well before bidding on Priceline. Nov. 2003, I used priceline and won a night at DTD Wyndham and DTD Hilton (one night before package to begin on Disney property and one night at the end of my package). Basically the two cheapest resort level hotels in Disney vicinity are DTD Hilton and DTD Wyndham, they both usually pickup around the $60 to $75 range per night. DTD Hilton was $62 for me Nov. 2003 and DTD Wyndham was $72. You won't know which one will accept the bid until its over but those 2 are the usual suspects when your bid is in the $60 to $70 range. I find that MOWC, Swan/Dol and other hotel usually pick up bids when they get in the $80 plus range (Hilton and Wyndham will pick those up as well but then you've overpaid for those 2). It also depends on what is going on at the hotels. Both Hilton and Wyndham are convention hotels and occasionally can be booked with conventions (so then nothing left to sell to priceline). I don't hesitate to use Priceline for a hotel in Disney anymore as I had pretty good bargains with them.

Can you "garentee" that you will get a DTD hotel on priceline? or is there the chance that you will ge tone that is "outside the gates"?

There are no gurantees.

The Resort hotels on Priceline are

Wyndam DTD
Hilton DTD
Marriott Orlando World Center (Not in DTD)
Swan/Dolphin (VERY rare)
and I think Gaylord Palms (Not in DTD)

If you can't live with any of them don't bid. I have gotten Marriott several times in the past in the low $60 range.

And I loved my stay at the Gaylord Palms for $85 (working up from $60 -- Wyndham and Hilton didn't bite!)

I got the Courtyard-now Holiday Inn for 28 last March on Priceline 2 nites- it was ok. very nice staff. And last Oct I got the Best Western for 35. We have stayed at this one before & like it alot. I would stay at any of these before you stay on-property. So you are disapointed. I used www.biddingfortravel.com to get help. But make sure you do not ask a question that has been already asked-they are not the friendest bunch if they feel you have not done your research. But they have the best info.

Kae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter