DTD Hilton or Doubletree?

goiu

Mouseketeer
We are hilton honors members and using our points for our trip. We have a 2 year old daughter. Would you stay at the DTD Hilton or Doubletree? And why?

Thanks!

I like the Doubletree because, although a notch below in terms of hotel "stars", it is an all-suite hotel. So if your daughter needs to get a nap, she can be in a room with the door shut, and you can have the tv and lights on. Also, you get a little fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. You can walk to Gooding's if you want (very overpriced but convenient grocery store).
I would't rely on their transportation; I'd drive a car.
If extra magic hours are important to you, you have to go with the Hilton. With little ones, that never mattered to us, as we'd be sound asleep so early! We're so boring, but proud of it.
Either way, I'd use a rental car, or if you're at the Hilton, get to DTD and use Disney's busses. But I think driving is faster.
HTH

Both have been rehabbed in last few years. With both if you get room facing DTD you will be able to see fireworks.
Both had great hilton beds and were very comfy to sleep in !

Doubletree:

Plus:
The two rooms are great to have, as we had five of us.
If spending much time in room it is nice to have sofa & chair to sit on.
Our rate included the cold breakfast buffet which was excellent, but you probably would not get that on points.

Con:
Long walk to DTD (farthest resort)
Pool faces I-4 and it was very noisy there.
Ask for a room facing DTD not the pool (a view of highway).

Hilton:
Plus:
The room was very nice, as were the bathrooms.
On Hilton Honors you should be placed on executive level where you can use the lounge. Ample food for breakfast for us there. Snacks and drinks all day. We never made it back for evening items.
Literally across the crosswalk from DTD by the toy store.
More than one pool, very nice, cushioned lounges, much nicer than DTS.
Disney Extra Hours
On site Character meal

Con:
You are in one regular sized room.

Wow, thanks for the great question and answers! I have been wondring about these (and other DTD hotels) for a while now. You just cant tell, from the DTD Hotels map I've found on-line how close each is from DTD... I can never tell if it will be an "easy" walk from the hotel to DTD.

I am eager to hear about the renovated Grosvnor (now the Regal Sun Resort...as seen in DIS ads above!) and what peple think of that - it is right across the street from DTD!

Doubletree is walkable......it's just a long walk. With the Hilton, it's no big deal.

Grosvenor is across the street as well, opposite Hilton. I have not stayed there since May 2003 and we were not happy and that was with a $55 a night rate. There were lots of issues besides rooms. And I would not return.....at least until I am positive it has had a complete overhaul. IF you are assured one of the renovated rooms (and I would absolutely would want Tower) then it would be okay. And if you want to use the pool area, I would make sure their construction there is done, sounds extensive. Hopefully someone can, who has been there very recently, can let you know.

Doubletree Suites

2006_0108Disney2005MorganPlus0035.jpg

DTSphoto.jpg

2006_0108Disney2005MorganPlus0033.jpg

2006_0108Disney2005MorganPlus0032.jpg

2006_0108Disney2005MorganPlus0029.jpg

2006_0108Disney2005MorganPlus0003.jpg

2006_0108Disney2005MorganPlus0004.jpg

2006_0108Disney2005MorganPlus0007.jpg

2006_0108Disney2005MorganPlus0008.jpg

Hilton:

HiltonRoomPhoto.jpg

2006_1001DisneySept060004-1.jpg

2006_1001DisneySept060005.jpg

To left is one pool and to right is other pool, hot tub is tucked away.

2006_1001DisneySept060032.jpg

2006_1001DisneySept060299-1.jpg

Other pool is beyond this one...behind gazebo

2006_1001DisneySept060291-1.jpg

Great! Thanks for all the info!! I think we'll stay at the Doubletree since it would be nice to have her in another room.

Great pics Hopperfan and thanks for the info! I do hope to hear from a rehabed Grovsnor visitor (I"ve heard many besides you not like the old...) If its no good its good to know the walk from the Hilton is quick!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter