DS turning 3 on our last day...what to do?

GADISNEYGIRL

<font color=red>Maelstromer!<br><font color=purple
I just saw the thread re: not buying a ticket for 3 yr old. We found out yesterday that DH will be able to attend one of the Disney Institute Training Seminars in February. DS and I will be going along, of course!! His 3rd birthday will be on the last "full" day we are there~our last park day. Would I need to buy him a ticket for that day???

I do not think so.

My understanding is that the age that he is at the beginning of your visit is what Disney counts. No need for a ticket.
Someone please correct me if they have changed this policy.
Have fun!

Go and have fun. You don't have to buy a ticket for your last day.

Originally posted by tar heel
Go and have fun. You don't have to buy a ticket for your last day.

I second Tar Heel.

...and it's true Disney policy has always been "the age at the begining of your stay". I haven't heard of any revokation of this policy.

...also be sure and have dinner at a Disney restaurant on his b-day and they will probably bring him out a little cake! they always did this for our kids when they were little. Anyone else? Does Disney still do this for the children?

i have known people that have abused this in the past,disney will never ask any questions unless the child looks almost 4-4 1/2.there is no way that they could determin a childs age they go by the honor factor

go have fun and ask for a birthday pin

I knew Disney honored room prices, etc from the start of your stay, but I wasn't sure about the age policy.

That February trip will be the 6th for DS (then turning 3)! This kid has a memory like you would not believe, so I think we'll let him pick his favorite restaurant (I'm sure he'll have several!) for his special birthday celebration. We'll be certain to get the birthday pin. What fun! We'd already started thinking about a quick spring trip, but never dreamed we'd get to go back that early!

IMO, there is a HUGE difference between turning 3 during the trip and the 4 or 5 five months discussed in the other thread.

I don't want to have to close this thread too...

PLEASE don't let this thread dissolve into what the other one did or I will close this one too.

I came across a similar thread over on the family board and everyone agreed that if your children turned 3 during your stay, it's Disney's policy that you don't buy a ticket. I believe some people even asked cm's when they checked in.
I was wondering the same thing, since our DS will turn 3 during our trip. I was ready to buy a ticket on his birthday too. I was going to e-mail Disney to find the policy. Does anyone have an e-mail address that I can send my question to?

if you go to disneyworld.com at the bottom of the first page you will find a "contact us" link, click on that to email them.

Just as long as a child is not 3 before the trip then you dont have to purchase a ticket.They go by their age at checkin.

GUYS--

Before I answer teh 3 year old question--just discovered they have special late day tix for people attending meetings...check this out...you might save some money.

http://disneymeetings.disney.go.com/disneyworldmeetings/del/themeparks/delThemeIndex?id=delTpRoot

As far as the 3 year old--get your affirmation in writing.

While a child who is 9 at the beginning of a park hopper pass may turn 10 during it's usage and is eligible to keep using their pass on their stay--you need to be careful with the three year old.

If you have a pHP--then you may be correct about your child turning three on the last day and might be okay.

We had AP--and were told that my daughter would be okay until our renewal without a pass after she turned 3 (during our passholder year). BUT--I still felt uncomfortable and double checked at the ticket booth and she had to have her own ticket.

In other words, even if you may have heard about this policy and have lucked out with it--even between cast members the policy changes. You need to find out what Disney's written policy is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter