DS Holiday Inn vs The Dolphin

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
If we go to WDW in May 2019
We can get the Dolphin for $279 plus $30 resort fee and taxes
We can get DS Holiday Inn for $174 plus $22 resort fee and taxes

So the Disney Springs hotel is $100 less than than staying near EPCOT.
Also at the DS Holiday Inn we get a mini refrigerator, coffee maker and a microwave :)
The Dolphin only a mini refrigerator and a coffee maker.

How do I convince my DH to stay at the DS Holiday Inn.
We will be seniors - getting a senior rate in our 60's

How much does it cost to get a taxi or uber to the parks in the morning?
How hard is it to reserve private (taxi or uber) for a morning ride to the parks ?

Thank you

Last edited:
I can't answer how much a taxi or uber would cost, but the DS hotels - including the Holiday Inn - do have a dedicated bus to the parks. The bus is on an actual schedule & very convenient. I can tell you that the Holiday Inn at Disney Springs has outstanding customer service! Their staff is professional & welcoming and I would definitely recommend this hotel. :)

I can tell you that the Holiday Inn at Disney Springs has outstanding customer service! Their staff is professional & welcoming and I would definitely recommend this hotel. :)

I strongly agree with this statement. I've only stayed there three times since it because a Holiday Inn. On two different stays, I had a manager come up to me while I was waiting in the lobby and ask if everything was going well with my stay. That sort of service is highly unusual outside of luxury hotels (like Four Seasons and Ritz-Carlton).

That said, make sure you understand that the Holiday Inn Disney Springs is still a Holiday Inn. I'd put it a step down from the Walt Disney World Dolphin (which operates under the Sheraton brand standards). So, the furnishings will probably be slightly lower quality. And you'll get plastic cups and a plastic ice bucket instead of glass and metal. Some people (myself included) don't care about those small things.

Personally, I'd go with the Holiday Inn Disney Springs if it means $100 less per night.

Here's a thread about the transportation available for the Disney Springs Hotels: https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-springs-hotels-bus-information.3653605/

My Recommendation: Make sure to book a cancelable/changeable reservation at the Holiday Inn. The Disney Springs Hotels usually have a seasonal discount. The current one runs though the end of March. In the next couple of weeks, they will (probably) release their Spring special. There's a decent chance that you will be able to rebook for less than the current rates. The specials are only available through links on the Disney Springs Hotels marketing website:

http://disneyspringshotels.com/

The season specials show up on the main page or under the Special Offers tab. I'd check that website occasionally to see if any new promotion includes your dates.

Also, you can check for discounts on the Holiday Inn page on that website. You'll find a senior discount there. (It should be identical to whatever you booked directly on the "regular" Holiday Inn site.) But, be sure to check the "Special Rates from $99" promo on the bottom of the page. That special might be less than the senior rate. Click on the "Special Offers & Packages" link under the hotel photo on this page:

http://disneyspringshotels.com/hotels/holiday-inn-orlando-disney-springs-area/

Maybe we can get the WDW Minnie Van at the DS Holiday Inn for our MK mornings
The we will be dropped off in front of MK and not at the TTC :)

Only stayed one night at the Dolphin. Nice location. They have some recent changes that I feel make have improved it (Fresh Market).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter