Dry Dock for the Wonder

PixyDusted

DIS Veteran
What dates is the Wonder dry docked? I see that October 15th 3-day doesn't come up when searching for a sailing and it's not listed here for the cruise meets so I thought maybe that was when?

If MouseSavers is correct I think I answered my own question:

2009 Drydock Plans
The Wonder will be in drydock September 27-October 15, 2009

Actually, that has been changed. There is a 4 day cruise on 9/27/09. The new dates for each ship's next drydock are listed in the FAQ thread.

Next Dry Dock for the Wonder - October 2 - 17, 2009
Next Dry Dock for the Magic - October 3 - 15, 2010

Thanks Lisa! I was going to correct my post as well. Just got off the phone with DCL. They said the Wonder's dry docked from Oct 1 - Oct. 17th. The first cruise after the dry dock is Oct. 18th.

We are sailing the Wonder for the first time in November (sailed the Magic 2X). What changes will be made?

I live about 30 minutes away from Norfolk,Va where they go into drydock.I can't wait!! because a couple weeks after dry dock, DD11 and I will be going on our 4th Wonder cruise!!

We are booked on the 18th Cruise and I remember reading some people were not to happy with the first cruise after the Magic Dry Dock..any one have any thoughts on the first cruise after dry dock?

We were lucky enough to be on the Magic in October 2008, when it just came out of dry dock. It was like a new ship...new carpet, new TV's, etc. Looks like the same will happen for us again, in October 2010!!!!!

Have any of the Disney ships not sail after being dry docked?

We are planning on the 3 day Oct. 18th cruise date, too. It the best date that suits us. I would hat to have plane tickets and everything else set and this sail falls through.

No, the ships have not missed a cruise due to a drydock not being completed. :)

Can you please explain to me why I wouldn't want to sail right after dry dock? Seems like exerything would be new and fresh

Did you read the thread that I posted? Work is never completed after dry dock and in that case there are pictures of the pools that could not be used by guests for almost 3 days on the first cruise.

Did you read the thread that I posted? Work is never completed after dry dock and in that case there are pictures of the pools that could not be used by guests for almost 3 days on the first cruise.
I'm very interested in reading this thread as I am considering the second cruise after dry dock, but when I try to click on the link this message comes up:

Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

I'm very interested in reading this thread as I am considering the second cruise after dry dock, but when I try to click on the link this message comes up:

Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
It didn't work for me, either.

O.K well can you fix the thread so I can read it?

We r cruising on the Sept 27th 4 night. Is there anything that happens prior to dry dock or does ship run everything as planned?

Concerned....:guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter