Drury Inn Orlando

ajspring00

Earning My Ears
Just curious as to if anyone has stayed here? While Drury is our all time favorite hotel chain, we have not stayed at the Orlando Drury. How far is it from the Disney parks? I have made reservations for June and purchased our tickets.. So excited..any advice or suggestions? While I would have loved to stay on site, I just could not pass up the Drury.. Much cheaper and they have all the extras.. Did I make the right choice to stay offsite??

Just curious as to if anyone has stayed here? While Drury is our all time favorite hotel chain, we have not stayed at the Orlando Drury. How far is it from the Disney parks? I have made reservations for June and purchased our tickets.. So excited..any advice or suggestions? While I would have loved to stay on site, I just could not pass up the Drury.. Much cheaper and they have all the extras.. Did I make the right choice to stay offsite??

The Drury is much closer to the Universal Parks than Disney. Its located just off International Drive on Sand Lake Road. A busy area, but very convenient for shopping and dining options.

It looks like a great hotel. And the free inclusions can't be beat. Its currently rated #1 on TripAdvisor, so other travellers certainly seem to like it.

We are going to be there in early June! We are going to Universal and LegoLand.
I stayed in a Drury in Greensboro... I am looking forward to trying this one out and it is only 6 months old!

We stayed there in March for a weekend trip, which included park time at Animal Kingdom, Universal and Seaworld. We opted for a one bedroom suite, as my 15 and 12 year old daughters absolutely hate to sleep together, and this worked out great! We enjoyed the free drinks in the evening, free popcorn, the breakfast was good and not TOO crowded when we were there. I thought the beds were great and loved the water pressure in the shower. The drive to Animal Kingdom was about 15 minutes, Universal was less than 5 minutes, and SeaWorld was about 5-10 minutes, so nicely located for all in my opinion.

I haven't stayed at this particular Drury but have stayed at others and I do LOVE the Drury Inns, they are clean, modern and they have a lot of food perks. Free Hot breakfast, free hot snacks in the afternoon and I don't know about the Orlando Drury bt some of the others came with 2 complimentary cocktails per person per room, it was almost like staying Concierge Level but without the price!

We just booked 4 nights in September. Its hard to beat the free breakfast and a 1 BR suite for under $150/night.

We are driving and are rope droppers so an easy 12 mile drive down Interstate 4 to the TTC isn't that big of a deal for us on this trip.

I will post a review once we return, but so far, Drury seems to present quite a value.

I stayed there in August, and the hotel was awesome! We got a great Canadian resident rate that made it even more affordable than it is already. The only thing I will mention is, if you are planning on taking a taxi anywhere, call one yourself. The company that the hotel uses is much more expensive than others around, and there is no meter in the cabs which makes it feel sketchy to me.

We loved the room and loved the location of the hotel.

It certainly lacked a Disney feel. We didn't see one Mickey or WDW item of clothing while we were there. No conversation between anyone in the pool or hot tub, but a very quick and easy drive to anything WDW, Universal, Sea World, etc.

I love this hotel! Great location (easy to get to disney using back roads). Have had very pleasant stays.

I stayed there for a week in March when helping my DD move to Orlando. Ask for a room facing pool/Turkey Lake, floor 5 or higher..you can see wishes from there (and if you have a good zoom on your camera the contemporary and space mtn)Take Apopka Vineland for a quick easy way to parks. Turning in/out can be a bit tricky in traffic, but we didn't have many issues. So many restaurants along Sand Lake and Walmart super close.
3 complimentary cocktails and the breakfast was really good each day. I wish they had fruit in the offering tho.
Internet was awesome, beds comfy, room clean (building is under 3 years old I think, maybe 2?)
did you see the code for savings? AAA may even be cheaper :thumbsup2 The pool is ok, indoor/outdoor but along the road. There is a BP right on the corner so that is convenient for gas and a Wendys right next door. There is a Pei Wei and Whole Foods across Sand Lake road. It is right down the road from the new Calypso Cay resort at Universal, would be fun to check out! GREAT location for US days...I loved it and they accommodated late check out for us. Did you join the gold key club?
Have a great stay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter