Droid building question

Krisshay13

DIS Veteran
sorry if this is in the threads somewhere. but we leave tomorrow & last minute, my DH decided he wants to build a Droid with our DGS. I made reservation & now starting to research.

My question is.....what do you do with it while on rides?

Last edited:
We built 2 last year and just kept them in the stroller. If you don’t have young ones I’d recommend making that one of your last attractions that day.

I was there last month and built a droid with my son. I took it back to the Hotel (swan and dolphin) because it was only 15 minutes away. If you drive you could put it in your car, but if your hotel is too far away I don't really have an option except carry it.

Are the dimensions of the droid available anywhere? DS has decided he wants to do both Savi's and the droid (he's an adult, it's his money and who am I to judge I'll be getting an interactive wand at Potter world). I know we can take the light saber on the plane but not sure how what to do about the droid on the plane (sounds like a movie title LOL). Does anyone have any advice or experience with this?

Thanks all....
We will have a stroller but, was a little afraid to just leave it with the stroller while on a ride.
No car.......we fly & take all Disney buses.
We are park hopping and times don't work out to do it right before we leave. I grabbed 11:40.....next time open is 3:00. We don't plan on being there at 3:00. But, I will watch for openings.

Good question pfeifer1990.............what do you do with it flying home? I guess it's small enough to be a carry on.

sorry for all the questions...........I feel like I don't have time to research like I normally would.

The droids are about 12”h x 8”w x 9”d. (BB8 are about an inch smaller in each dimension). They come with a cardboard carrier and can easily fit in a backpack. They sell (or used to) a special droid backpack that allows them to be carried on your back and still interact in Galaxy’s edge. The droid in a backpack or the cardboard carrier can easily meet the requirements for carryon. I guess you could pack it well and put it in checked luggage, but I’d be nervous about the rough handling.

The droids are about 12”h x 8”w x 9”d. (BB8 are about an inch smaller in each dimension). They come with a cardboard carrier and can easily fit in a backpack. They sell (or used to) a special droid backpack that allows them to be carried on your back and still interact in Galaxy’s edge. The droid in a backpack or the cardboard carrier can easily meet the requirements for carryon. I guess you could pack it well and put it in checked luggage, but I’d be nervous about the rough handling.
Awesome information and just what I need!

We built 2 in January 2020 and had them sent back to Animal Kingdom Lodge from the Droid Depot right after we built them. They were waiting for us when we got back to resort that evening.

We built 2 in January 2020 and had them sent back to Animal Kingdom Lodge from the Droid Depot right after we built them. They were waiting for us when we got back to resort that evening.
Unfortunately resort delivery was stopped with WDW shut down last year, and has not resumed. Hopefully they bring it back, but at this point no one knows for sure if that will happen.

Thanks everyone!!! I was able to change my time from 11:40 to 1:40........that way, it's at the end of our visit at HS. We'll head to the resort & drop it off before heading to next park!!

I bought the backpack and carried my R unit around with me for the remainder of the day. I also used it as my carry on during the flight home.

We mailed ours home right from droid depot. Only cost $18 to ship two. Better than lugging it around the park and taking it on a plane if you’re flying. You just need to fill out the mailing slip and they do the rest. They told us 2-3 weeks but we got ours within a week.

Just a tip, couldn’t decide which head I wanted to use, they sell extras at the exit shop. 3 for $30 and they’ll give you your AP discount so 3 for $24.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter