Driving with child in middle seat question

monica9

DIS Veteran
22 hour drive to disney with 4 year old's car seat in middle.
Probably won't want to hold the ipad to watch movies the whole time.
Probably won't be able to see the ipad with the glare if we put it on the back of one of the front seats.
I definitely am not holding it for her to watch.

Options?

Moving her to a side seat isn't an option

They do make portable DVD holders that can hang between the two front seats. We have one for a similar situation. I totally forget the brand name but send me a pm if you cannot find one and I can look at ours. With something like that you could easily rig up a way to put the ipad in it.

Also, consider putting an anti-glare screen protector on the iPad; it's a useful thing to do in any case.

Will there be people sitting back there with her? If so, that will be her entertainment source. Littles won't generally be too entranced with screens if there are real live people to bug!

No, just her Dh and I are going. I'm probably going to sit in the back seat and entertain her a lot when DH is driving (which will be 75% of the time).

My kids usually hold the ipad (in a case - ideally one that will have some type of angle prop mechanism or handles would work best)...but most of the time, they play games on the ipad instead of watching movies...(they are 2 and 6 now)

when they watch movies, they use the portable DVD player...and again usually keep it on their laps, but we also have one of those holders that allows it to connect suspended between the seats....you would have to look at it but it might be an option..

Have a good trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter