Driving to other Resorts

kaypee

Mouseketeer
If I am staying on site (at Art of Animation) and I wish to drive to another resort, say POLY, to have Tonga Toast, do I have to pay to park? (No Ressie. QS)

You will need your AoA parking pass displayed in the window and your room key at the booth. :)

No, you don't have to pay. I have heard that sometimes they make you show them a ressie if you have one for a restaurant you're going to at a different resort. I've driven to different resorts while I'm down there and I've never had a problem with them letting me in. I've always said that I wanted to drive around the resort and see what it's like and they usually have no problem. I've even gotten maps and tips on where to go:goodvibes Now, from what I've heard, if you do have a ressie...say at Boma at AKL..and you're not staying there, I've heard that you have three hours to be there. I don't know how true this is, but it's what I've heard.

NOW..this other part I'm getting ready to say is not by ANY MEANS me telling you something that's a "rule breaker" or that's gonna get you into trouble, but this is some other things I've heard:

~If you're going to be a park the day you have a ressie at another resort, I've heard that you can just catch that bus/boat back to the resort and there's no problem.
~If you don't want to drive, then hop on the bus that takes you to DTD(downtown Disney)and switch buses and go back to the resort that you're having your ressie at.

These are the two main things I have heard....and I've heard about them from on here...the DIS. SO I don't know the exact protocol for it, but I don't think you have to pay to park there. The only parking that I know you have to pay is at the theme parks, if you're not a resort guest.

No, you don't have to pay to park at any of the resorts. When you pull up to the guard shack, just tell them you are visiting the resort. They might ask you for ID, but other than that, you will be fine. There is, however, a 3 hour parking limit for those not staying at the resort. This is to prevent people from using the resort parking lots to avoid paying the parking fees. Have fun visiting the Poly, it's an awesome resort.

You guys are great. Thanks for the info and your fast replies.
The info is for a friend who I am meeting with today to help her with some tips and planning.
We have never had a car and have gotten to all our ressies by bus and monorail.
They will be driving and have QSDP. I want to recommend a few QS things outside the parks (esp since they have no park hopper.)
Usually the bus worked great. But once it took us over 3 hours to get from one bus stop at a resort back to POR. ugh. Trying to figure out if driving is worth it for them. I am guessing it may be at times (if they aren't headed to MK and want to go to POLY. . .)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter