Driving Licence Help!!!

NoIamPooh

Earning My Ears
I got done for speeding in Norwich last saturday (we travel on 19th Dec). I had to produce my licence and insurance to my local police (London) last Monday, where the police clerk assured me that it would be processed the same day. I have spoken to the central ticket office in Norwich, who confirmed that they would turn it around immediately they recieved it. I have since found out that the police did not send it until Wednesday, and they sent it to the London Central Ticket Office for them to send to Norwich (no London cannot endorse a Norwich ticket). Norwich CTO have been in touch with London, who cannot confirm they have it until this Wednesday!

What can I do? any advice gratefully appreciated.

I cannot apply for a replacement, as it is not officially lost until 6-weeks have passed, and there is a possible 2-year £1000 penalty for false statement on the application form.

I guess it's another month almost till you go? Have they said it should be with you by then?

or can anyone else help?

Basically there isn't anything you can do, just be positive and hope to have it returned to you as quickly as possible. Is there no one else in your party that could drive if need be?

1) in the normal course of events, you should get it back in time on a 'normal' turn-around.

2) ring them every afternoon, after the post should have been delivered. they will get fed-up with you constantly chasing them ann, in theory, send it out quickly to stop you telephoning

patdavies said:
1) in the normal course of events, you should get it back in time on a 'normal' turn-around.

2) ring them every afternoon, after the post should have been delivered. they will get fed-up with you constantly chasing them ann, in theory, send it out quickly to stop you telephoning

Just a few points to make sure that your posts can be easily understood: :)

The 'they' in your second point should start with a capital letter. I assume your computer has a 'shift' key?
There is also spelling mistake - you wrote 'ann'. I believe this should be 'and'.

If you were given a fixed penalty notice, there is a place on the form where the officer has to fill in your driving licence details. This then acts as your driving licence until you get it back and should be accepted by anyone in officialdom.

Graeme said:
This then acts as your driving licence until you get it back and should be accepted by anyone in officialdom.

But not at the Dollar desk in Orlando airport or the Highway Patrol officer on the I-4 !!!

David

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter