Driving from DL to La Jolla

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by tbssenterprises, Sep 14, 2018.

1. tbssenterprises

tbssenterprises Mouseketeer

What's the best and easiest way to get there? And how long? Leaving on a Monday morning around 9:00am....

2. SteveH

SteveH Earning my Mai Tai

I just came back the other way, left UCSD at 10:30 on Monday of Labor Day weekend, but it was pretty quiet. I also opted to take the Coastal route instead of dealing with the I-5 traffic, not fast but a lot more fun.

If you don't have the Waze app I'd suggest getting it. Google Maps (which feeds Waze) says taking I-5 at 9AM will run typically 1 h 30 min - 2 h 20 min and taking I-15 will typically 1 h 50 min - 2 h 40 min.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Jimsig

Jimsig DIS Veteran

Just did the drive from DL to the SD Zoo (a little further then you are going) on a Monday morning about 3 weeks ago and it took just about 90 min.

5. WebmasterMaryJo

WebmasterMaryJo Techarita Staff Member Administrator

SteveH likes this.
  6. hjgaus

hjgaus DIS Veteran

We just left La Jolla today and the weather was so nice ALL WEEK!!! :sunny: 8-)

You can try the toll roads :drive: if you don't mind paying for the day!! I think you pay online. :teacher:
    November we will do a reverse trip by staying at pixiedust: VGC for 3 days then check out & go directly :car: to La Jolla for the week OF THANKSGIVING !!

7. DLgal

DLgal DIS Veteran

8. met19

met19 Mouseketeer

Easiest is I-5 to 52 west. apron 90 min but really depends on traffic in southern OC and accidents.

MillauFr likes this.
  9. SteveH

SteveH Earning my Mai Tai

Thanks! My son is at grad school and I sent that to him and he got excited to check it out!

WebmasterMaryJo likes this.
  10. tarheelalum

tarheelalum DIS Veteran

Children's pool certainly smells like dead fish.

11. xWilliam

xWilliam Earning My Ears

I'm a San Diego local, just go down the 5 the whole way until you hit La Jolla. I'd leave closer to 10am. At 9am you'll hit the Carlsbad morning Rush hour traffic going south by 9:50-10:00. If you leave at 10 it SHOULD be clear.

Whole drive should take between 75-90minutes depending on traffic