Driving from Disney World to Vero Beach Disney resort

illiram

Can't get enough Disney
Hello! Is the best way to go over to Cocoa Beach then drive down the A1A the whole way from Cocoa Beach? And if so, is there an awesome lunch place along the way from Cocoa Beach to Vero Beach that anyone recommends? Thanks!!

We go every summer in combo with a WDW stay and we go 95. We stop in Palm Bay for lunch usually. Takes us about 90 mins (not including stop time in Palm Bay).

Hello! Is the best way to go over to Cocoa Beach then drive down the A1A the whole way from Cocoa Beach? And if so, is there an awesome lunch place along the way from Cocoa Beach to Vero Beach that anyone recommends? Thanks!!
It's just a tad out of your way, but it's fun to stop at Port Canaveral, marvel at the cruise ships and eat at one of the places along the ship channel (Fishlips, Grills, Gators, et al).

DH and I drove to Kennedy Space Center and spent several hours touring there, including having lunch, then drove down to VB. It made a very nice day.

If you’re looking for efficiency, no. Take 528 to 95, then exit 156. After that, there are a few different paths to take.

To break up the drive a bit, exit 31 (520) off of 528 connects with 95 down the line. It’s roughly 30 seconds longer, but a better drive imo (I take that route to & fro work, as I live 9 minutes from the VB resort, and work at MCO).

My son went to School in Vero Beach and worked part time at WDW. He would take Florida Turnpike SR91 to route 60.

We go every summer in combo with a WDW stay and we go 95. We stop in Palm Bay for lunch usually. Takes us about 90 mins (not including stop time in Palm Bay).

in april, we stopped overnight in palm bay. we left WDW in early evening, crashed at a holiday inn, got up and drove to vero early, where our room was ready well before stated check-in time. if you don't mind being roomless for check-out (and possibly check-in), it's a good way to break up the drive and save points.

in april, we stopped overnight in palm bay. we left WDW in early evening, crashed at a holiday inn, got up and drove to vero early, where our room was ready well before stated check-in time. if you don't mind being roomless for check-out (and possibly check-in), it's a good way to break up the drive and save points.
We usually stop there to hit Target, Kohl's etc. and then grab lunch at Pollo Tropical.

My son went to School in Vero Beach and worked part time at WDW. He would take Florida Turnpike SR91 to route 60.
Not sure I would recommend that route to the VB Resort.
The resort is several miles north of VB proper.

Not sure where your son went to school.

Not sure I would recommend that route to the VB Resort.
The resort is several miles north of VB proper.

Not sure where your son went to school.
He went to Skyborne Airline Academy. That would bring him directly to his dorm at Vero Beach Airport. Vero Beach Resort was only about 10 minutes from there.

He went to Skyborne Airline Academy. That would bring him directly to his dorm at Vero Beach Airport. Vero Beach Resort was only about 10 minutes from there.
The airport is about 15 minutes south of the resort.
While I’m sure that route worked great for your son, it really does not work great traveling from WDW to VBR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter