Drive to PHL, Park, Fly - Where to Park??

Bill From PA

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That
Next trip we want to just drive to PHL, park the car nearby and get right on the plane. In the past, we've done the Sleep 'n Fly thing at the Ramada so parking was included and the shuttle also. We'd probably be getting to the PHL vicinity around 4 pm at the latest and we'd like to get a 7 pm flight. What's the best option for parking, getting us and 4 bags to PHL in this time frame? What's PHL's outdoor parking going for now? Thanks for any info offered.

Bill From PA

We are thinking of doing the same thing in October.....

The AAA agent I talked to gave me flyers on 2 parking lots down there that are fenced and will take you in to the airport.

One is Smart Park-on 2nd St in Essington- $8.45/day plus taxes.

Other is ExpressPark- on Tinicum Island Rd, Lester, PA- same price.

We are thinking of doing the same thing in October.....

The AAA agent I talked to gave me flyers on 2 parking lots down there that are fenced and will take you in to the airport.

One is Smart Park-on 2nd St in Essington- $8.45/day plus taxes.

Other is ExpressPark- on Tinicum Island Rd, Lester, PA- same price.

Thanks for the quick reply. I just checked the airport itself for the rate for the outdoor lot and it's $9.00 per day. Unless some competetor can do better than $8 or so I'll just drop off my wife and luggage and park it myself for that.

Bill From PA

I have used Winner Airport parking. IT is an offsite lot, and they do take your keys. I have used them 5 times in 2 years and have yet to have a problem. I pay them an extra $10 to leave directly from the airport upon my return.

Here is a long to a coupon for $6.99 for 24 hrs. That doesn't include the 15% city tax

http://www.longtermparking.com/COUPONS/cpwinnerphl2.htm

Bill - we have parked at Pacifico several times and liked the price and service. they have a coupon on their website. http://www.pacificovalet.com/

i have considered trying winner though - i like that you can pay extra and not have to go back to their site to settle up your bill. i may try that one next time.

- lori

Bill I'm a travel agent and I always recommend Smart Park. Very friendly and great service. If you want PM me and I can forward you a link for a coupon.

Bill...we've been using Colonial Parking in Essington......it's great...right at the bottom of 476 just a few (very few) miles on 95N to Exit 9A Essington ....they have a map with the discount coupon on their website. Parking lot is secure and their shuttle runs continuously thru the lot. Just get your bags from the trunk and within a minute or two the shuttle is there to pick up. The shuttle driver asks which terminal you need and drops you right at curbside checkin of your terminal. On your return simply call their toll free from baggage claim and again within minutes the shuttle is there to pick up. They will tell you which zone you need to be at for pick up. It's right outside bag claim. With their coupon it runs about 8 to 8.50 per day including all taxes and I think the 7th day is also free. It runs under $50 for parking for the week.

I use Winner also. I like that you do not need to get on a shuttle. They use your car to take you to the airport. They will help you get your luggage out of the car. When you get back, you call their number and they will drive your car over to the airport. You have the option for 10.00 to leave directly from the airport or you can take the driver back to Winner. Either way still no shuttle.

Use the coupon from the PP and you will pay less than economy parking.

These are all great suggestions. We always fly from PHL & don't travel that much so I always thought the only option was to leave your car at the airport. In Sept when we did a cruise, we used the Sheraton & stayed over the night before...the shuttle was great. Highly recommend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter