Drive time from DL to Legoland on a Friday AM?

DisneyJulieZ

I've fallen in love...with Disneyland!!
Hi all!
Hoping someone has some experience with this:
We will be driving from DL to Legoland on Friday, October 12th...and trying to figure out how bad the traffic will be on the I-5 that morning.
Legoland opens at 10 AM and we would like to be at the park/parking lot around 9:30 AM or so...
It's just over 60 miles from DL to Legoland...but it's a work day morning (Friday) and probably right during rush hour...

How long will the drive from DL to Legoland take on a Friday morning on the I-5?

TIA!! :)

The good news is your probably going to have what we call "Friday Lite" traffic. But it could still take you over an hour to get down here. Use the carpool lane in the OC as much as possible and pray there are no accidents along the way.

Another possibility is to leave extra early and plan on breakfast near Legoland. If you have time it can be a sit down 'Denny's' and if not a drive thru Mcdonalds.

Thanks for the reply...so appreciated!
I was wondering/hoping that maybe Friday would be the "least traffic" day, due to long weekends or whatever for working folks in the area...

Thank you for any other posts/insights/suggestions/thoughts!!! Much appreciated!

Just thought I'd update (and answer my own question, now that we've done this part of our trip!)
We left our Anaheim hotel about 9:10 AM on Friday and arrived at Legoland about 10:20 AM...very light traffic the whole way! Yeah! :-)

Hope that is helpful to anyone else making the same trip...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter