Drive Like the Wind Bullseye! March 11-March 18, 2017-Dining Review - Last Update

You are a super trooper! So weird about the mango paste but at least it was a possible reason. I've had to use the urgent care before and they are fantastic!

Then she wanted some nachos, so we went to Mexico to get some.
The QS in Mexico is one of my favorite QS in WS!

DD and I got some more things from the Caramel shop to use up some snack credits.
Mmm.....I love all the dark chocolate covered caramel treats in there :goodvibes

About 10-15 minutes later, she calls me back with a possibility. The curry chicken salad had a mango paste in the recipe. The mango paste that they used was manufacture in a factory where they made ingredients for English tea sandwiches. One of those ingredients being fish paste. So perhaps there was some cross contamination at the factory. It was the only logical explanation. And really they only thing that made any sense. We all just sort of shrugged our shoulders and kind of moved on with it. Stuff happens, you know. But still it was puzzling.
Huh. Seems like a reach but not being super familiar with allergies I suppose that could be it, especially when nothing else really makes sense. I like that the chef followed up with you and mot importantly that the situation didn't end up any worse!

While DD enjoyed her very first funnel cake.
Well DD, "welcome to the land of deliciousness" :thumbsup2

Kaki Gori from Japan
I always mean to have the boys try this and then I forget. If we end up taking them in August I'll do it, it'll be perfect in the melt your face off heat of summer

You are a super trooper! So weird about the mango paste but at least it was a possible reason. I've had to use the urgent care before and they are fantastic!

Yes - we were lucky to get there right when they opened and we were able to salvage our day.

The QS in Mexico is one of my favorite QS in WS!

My kids love it!!

Mmm.....I love all the dark chocolate covered caramel treats in there :goodvibes

We used at least 10 snack credits there - LOL

Huh. Seems like a reach but not being super familiar with allergies I suppose that could be it, especially when nothing else really makes sense. I like that the chef followed up with you and mot importantly that the situation didn't end up any worse!

It seemed like the only thing that made any sense. It is really still a mystery.

Well DD, "welcome to the land of deliciousness" :thumbsup2

I know, right? How did she get to be 14 and not have a funnel cake. So happy her childhood has been salvaged - whew!! Haha

I always mean to have the boys try this and then I forget. If we end up taking them in August I'll do it, it'll be perfect in the melt your face off heat of summer

This is always a must for DD. She loves them.

We are creatures of habit so on our last full day I headed over to the Contemporary to get us some breakfast.

While I was waiting for our food, I took a bunch of photos of the Mary Blair Mural. I just love it so much.

So for breakfast I got DD a cheese Danish.

And for me a chocolate croissant.

I also got

French Toast - with choice of fruit topping, Bacon and Sausage $9.99

This was perfect for what I wanted on this morning.

I got DH the bounty platter again.

Just as good as all of the other days we had it.

After that, we were pretty tired, but I thought I held up pretty well after practically no sleep and an urgent care visit that very morning. I’m pretty sure that steroid shot helped me through the next couple of days.

Um, I should say so. You're a rock star! Steroids can be a crazy thing. I was on them (prednisone) after my 3rd son was born and I was practically high. I mean, I baked and full-on decorated a 3-layer cake. A CAKE. With a 6 year old, a 4 year old, and a newborn who was less than a week old. Yeah, that's normal! LOL

Anyway, I'm glad you were able to enjoy your day. Those nachos look delicious :)

Um, I should say so. You're a rock star! Steroids can be a crazy thing. I was on them (prednisone) after my 3rd son was born and I was practically high. I mean, I baked and full-on decorated a 3-layer cake. A CAKE. With a 6 year old, a 4 year old, and a newborn who was less than a week old. Yeah, that's normal! LOL

Anyway, I'm glad you were able to enjoy your day. Those nachos look delicious :)

The steroids really charged me up for the last couple of days.

I can't imagine baking a cake with kids that young under my care. I couldn't even drink a cup of coffee without getting interrupted when mine were little.

Always love the nachos at the Mexico QS.

We are the same when it comes to breakfast at Disney. We actually split the bounty platters usually cause we aren't big eaters in the morning.

We are the same when it comes to breakfast at Disney. We actually split the bounty platters usually cause we aren't big eaters in the morning.

We usually do as well, but the big kids weren't using their credits like I thought they would so had some to use up.

Wow! Just caught up with your reviews. We took the trip to WDW second week of April and since we came back, I've been running around like a mad woman between work, DS's extra curricular activities and family functions.
I can't believe you were able to go to full day of park after massive allergic reaction. I mean, you are such a trooper! I totally understand allergic reactions since DS has one and we always carry Epi pens and Benadryl for in-cases. He hasn't had one for many years and suddenly, he had a massive one right before we left for WDW so I was very nervous. Those steroid shots do wonders though! So far really enjoying your reviews!!!

Wow! Just caught up with your reviews. We took the trip to WDW second week of April and since we came back, I've been running around like a mad woman between work, DS's extra curricular activities and family functions.
I can't believe you were able to go to full day of park after massive allergic reaction. I mean, you are such a trooper! I totally understand allergic reactions since DS has one and we always carry Epi pens and Benadryl for in-cases. He hasn't had one for many years and suddenly, he had a massive one right before we left for WDW so I was very nervous. Those steroid shots do wonders though! So far really enjoying your reviews!!!

I was kind of surprised myself, but I swear it was the steroids that pulled me through the next couple of days. I felt terrible for a week once I got home though.

I'm so happy to see that Yak and Yeti CS changed their food container from the Chinese take out box to the plastic bowls. When we ate there years ago, it was just really uncomfortable to eat from the container and I hate the fact that all the sauce drained right down to the rice. At least, it's first time for me to see the new container!

We've never done Y&Y quick service, but we do love the restaurant. Someplace to keep in mind for the future although I love eating at Harambe Market, but my kids don't find anything there they like because somewhat along the same lines as your DD:
DD got the kids meal Chicken and French Fries because she doesn’t know how to eat fun food.
:rotfl2:

I'm so happy to see that Yak and Yeti CS changed their food container from the Chinese take out box to the plastic bowls. When we ate there years ago, it was just really uncomfortable to eat from the container and I hate the fact that all the sauce drained right down to the rice. At least, it's first time for me to see the new container!

I liked the separate sections as well. We really enjoyed this QS meal!! I think they still have the chinese take-out containers for some things, like the chow mein or the fried rice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter