Drive from Anaheim to El Segundo?

dcibrando

DIS Veteran
DVC Platinum
I might be attending some IT training in El Segundo in late May and would LOVE to use this opportunity to make my first visit to Disneyland... however I'm not fond of driving in ridiculous traffic especially not knowing my way around... so the decision I have to make it do I stay in El Segundo or in Anaheim and regardless...what is the drive like between the two places? (easy, difficult depending on the time of day, etc.)?

All those with any knowledge of this .... I (a Walt Disney World junkie) am needing your help at Disneyland.

THANKS!

I think it really depends on when your training is and if you will have to drive during regular business hour traffic (morning or evening). Something else to keep in mind is the CA freeway system. Coming from El Segundo to Anaheim (or vice versa) you would have to make interchanges between freeways. And while I love the CA freeway system (esp compared to other places I have lived), if you aren't used to it, it can be intimidating.

Can you extend your stay (take a day off or fly back after the weekend)? And just pay for your hotel the extra days? You could transfer hotel to hotel easily enough. That would probably be the most ideal.

Except during rush hour it's not such a bad drive via the 105-605-91-5 (I see that's the route Mapquest recommends), but definitely avoid the 405. I think you'd want to stay in El Segundo rather than commute there from Anaheim.

I work in El Segundo, and have driven from work to Disneyland several times. It is easily doable. I can make it there in 40 minutes, and other times a little bit longer. If you go in the afternoon, let's say 4pm to 6:30 expect to add a good half hour - 45 minutes to your drive. I've done that before. :)

ok interesting... I'd be flying to LA or another nearby airport... my training is on Wed, Thurs, and Fri... so was thinking about doing Disneyland Mon and Tues....maybe after your comments I should stay at one hotel in Disneyland and then taxi over to El Segundo to stay in another hotel for the conference

My average time in the last two years has been about an hour or so. Brother lives in Manhatten Beach. Many variables.

Jack

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts