drinks with meals

sheblen

Mouseketeer
I have heard that drinks (cokes, tea, etc) are not included with meals, but they were the first time that I sailed with Disney. If anyone that has been lately can confirm or deny this I would appreciate it! Thanks, Nancy

I just sailed in Jan and soda, milk and juice were included with dinner. i sure hope they haven't changed that!

I was there in January as well and was included. Don't think they have changed it since then.

Many cruise lines do charge for soda, tea, etc. at meals but Disney does not.

soft drinks are still included ( not smoothies ) but that's changed for room service, drinks except coffee are now charged.

Originally posted by traycie2201
soft drinks are still included ( not smoothies ) but that's changed for room service, drinks except coffee are now charged.

They do not charge for milk either.

Here is the Beverage Matrix from the Disney Cruise Line site:

cruisechart3.gif

Glad to hear it, at least now i can take a box of nesquik with me and sort out chocolate milkshakes.

At Topsidder's Buffet during lunch, they sometimes offer canned sodas and bottled water for an additional charge. They also usually sell sodas and water before movies in the Buena Vista Theater.

I don't get it - you could order 2 servings of lobster, escargot, filet mignon but you can't get a soda for free outside of the restaurant.... that makes no sense! It should all be free.:confused:

Thanks again for the matrix, guys!

We love how coffee is free from room service but not tea.

It wasn't until you guys printed this that we could explain the $1.50 charge from room service one day.

Everyone assumed it was a soda since it was listed as a "soft drink".

It was my tea.

I am picky so I bring my own tea bags of Irish tea with me, so in the future I will just ask for a Carafe of hot tap water!

Jim

Originally posted by jgalecpa
Thanks again for the matrix, guys!

We love how coffee is free from room service but not tea.

It wasn't until you guys printed this that we could explain the $1.50 charge from room service one day.

Everyone assumed it was a soda since it was listed as a "soft drink".

It was my tea.

I am picky so I bring my own tea bags of Irish tea with me, so in the future I will just ask for a Carafe of hot tap water!

Jim

I ordered room service hot tea almost every day...I was never charged. We also had orange juice and apple juice and we weren't charged for those either!

Plenty of free drinks on board, punch ice tea and coffe at Topsiders and Castaway Cay for free, also at the beverage station which also has milk and lemonade instead of punch. My kids loved the punch at Topsiders, the lemonade, and got their free soda fix at dinner in the dining room.

Also, do we really need political ads (or any advertising for the matter) on this forum?

On my trip in August 1998 we were offered a free glass of wine with our dinners. I assume that is no longer the case.

We sailed with DCL on July 30, 1998...the Maiden Voyage of the Magic and were also offered wine with dinner.....that may have been the case in the inaugural year but unfortunately, no more!!!

MJ

We ordered milk, coffee and juice on both of our cruises, Nov. 2002 and Nov. 2203 we weren't charged for any of them either time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!