Drinking Consent Form

m3owbox

Mouseketeer
Where do you get the drinking consent form? We are cruising in June with my parents and my sister who is 20.

Its only valid for European ports so maybe you get it at the port? Interesting though I had to look it up this is the first time I've ever heard the form mentioned.

Where do you get the drinking consent form? We are cruising in June with my parents and my sister who is 20.
I don't think there is any drinking consent form. From what I've seen, DCL doesn't allow any underage (21) drinking - even with parental consent. The only exception to this rule is for cruises that begin and end in a country with a younger drinking age, such as European cruises.

I believe you have to get it on board at Guest Services. You have to check that where you are leaving form in Europe is round trip and that the country it is roundtrip out of does in deed have a lower drinking age.

I hope this simple question wouldn't be turned into a judgment on drinking age - it varies around the world. It's a policy DCL has in place in specific situations:
View attachment 215965

I believe you get the form from Guest Services once you are onboard.
Thank you. That's what I was thinking as well. But I was unsure if there was somewhere online to find it. Thank you for the response.

This is weird. Parents can no longer contract for their kids once they turn 18 (which I assume is the age of majority in the countries where DCL sails), so this cannot remotely be legally binding for anyone.

I would not bother about it and request drinks as much as I see fit, as long as the law allows me to.

This is weird. Parents can no longer contract for their kids once they turn 18 (which I assume is the age of majority in the countries where DCL sails), so this cannot remotely be legally binding for anyone.

I would not bother about it and request drinks as much as I see fit, as long as the law allows me to.

You are correct in terms of a legally binding contract, the difference here is that this is a company policy to use their product, so they can certainly require this as a condition to serve the individual alcohol. Someone's right to alcohol doesn't quite rise to the level of a right to vote.

Another way for minors to get alcohol is during the NYE celebration, captains cocktail hour on formal night or at the Castaway Club get together. These free drinks don't require ID. Just a warning to anyone who has a kid that may be interested in partaking when not in your presence. :crazy::crazy2::headache:

When we sailed the Med in August of 2015 with DL the form was at the back of the cruise booklet they sent us. We just filled it in, took it out of the book and handed it in somewhere (I do not remember if we gave it to Guest Services or our server). They updated my son's card to allow him to purchase drinks. You can choose to allow your child drinking privileges when you are present, or when they are alone. Not sure if the process has changed since then.

You are correct in terms of a legally binding contract, the difference here is that this is a company policy to use their product, so they can certainly require this as a condition to serve the individual alcohol. Someone's right to alcohol doesn't quite rise to the level of a right to vote.
Depends on the country.

When we sailed the Med in August of 2015 with DL the form was at the back of the cruise booklet they sent us. We just filled it in, took it out of the book and handed it in somewhere (I do not remember if we gave it to Guest Services or our server). They updated my son's card to allow him to purchase drinks. You can choose to allow your child drinking privileges when you are present, or when they are alone. Not sure if the process has changed since then.
Would love to know when an 18 year old doesn't have parents and sails. Then what?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter