drink recipe

jcanary

3 generations at WDW, thank you DVC!
I am not sure if this is where to post this, the recipe boards only had epcot ones. I am looking for the recipe for the stormalong drink that is served at Hurrican Hannah's at the Beach Club. we have gotten all of the ingredients but can't figure out how much of each. It contains Bailey's, Kahula, Amerotto and pina colada mix. Tried last night and just wasn't close. These drinks are great. I was always a frozen pina colada girls but not any more. These are frozen drinks, by the way. If anyone can find out I would greatly appreciate it.

I don't know either, but it sounds yummy!! Have you considered calling the Beach Club and asking for it? I think the number is 407-934-8000 - the worst they could say is no.....

I emailed Disney resorts and they just emailed me the recipe. Now to try it tonight - can't wait.:Pinkbounc

Originally posted by jcanary
I emailed Disney resorts and they just emailed me the recipe. Now to try it tonight - can't wait.:Pinkbounc

What??? And you didn't post it here?? for shame!!!
;)

3/4 oz Bailey's 3/4 oz ameretto 3/4 oz kahula and 3 oz of pina colada mix. Now the 3/4 oz is a fast 2 bartender count. you put in a mixer with crush ice and mix. AND ENJOY. Will be trying it later when hubby comes home, I have my glass all ready, just wish I had storm-along bay here too!!!:rolleyes:

Thanks for the recipe!! I must admit, I don't know my liqueurs that well. Can you describe the color & taste of this drink? Does it turn out very sweet??

Never had it, but I do know my Baileys, Ameretto, and Kaluha - and pina coloda mix.

Baileys is smooth Irish Creme liqueur. Brown in color - pretty sweet.
Ameretto is a brown almond liqueur, very sweet.
Kaluha is coffee liqueur, deep brown in color and sweet - although being a coffee liqueur it has a bite in the sweet.

Pina Colado mix is pineapple and coconut.

Should turn out beige and rather sweet. Put an umbrella in it.

(I don't have any idea what they do at the BC, but try dipping the glass in water and freezing it - frosted glass).

in color and slightly sweet. I do not believe it is as sweet as a pina colada. They serve it with a pinapple and cherry. I did not think I would like it at first, as I do not like coffee and it was a very light coffee color. I loved it and my husband lost his first drink to his darling wife. as far as I am concerned you can't even taste the liquor so it goes down soooo nice. ENJOY everyone

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter