Drink package went UP 9 months before sailing!?!

deerh

DIS Veteran
First time cruiser (well in 19 years) here. We booked Harmony in May 19, for May 2020 and the drink package (full) has gone UP $8/day. I have read where they LOWER the price during the pre-cruise time... What gives??? And, will it go down? Right now it is $65/day! OUCH!!

Any suggestions from the experts?

DeerH

It fluctuated like that before our cruise too. You re pretty far out. About 30-60 days before, the discounts went to buy one, get 40 percent off second .. or something like that.
Our group was Very large. 10 couples bought the pkgs. one indicated a medical reason and was able to only buy 1 alcohol pkg in their stateroom. Then Several of us did the refreshment/bottle water pkgs. we all re-bought when the prices were reduced. ( you cancel and buy) only one of us did the coffee card.
Despite hearing one could not get drinks for others or more than one at a time, that was not our experience at all. I was actually surprised, but even with the water pkg, we routinely got 2 bottles at a time Everywhere. At bars, pizza, mdr and even specialty dining.
Also, Every single one of our specialty dining experiences we ordered a glass of wine ..but were comped the rest of the bottles. One red/one white.
Many times, one person took the card up and got drinks ( 2) for others. They didn’t even CK the seapass. Perhaps because there were so many in our group and most did have it??
It was a very pleasant surprise for us.
(Allure of the Seas)
Keep looking for sales... they ll come

It fluctuates. If you definitely know you want it, it's always to buy it ASAP and hope the price drops. It will probably go down again.

You can always book it and if the price goes down, just cancel it and re-book it at the lower rate. The credit goes through quickly on your credit card.
Denise

Thanks for all the responses. I guess I will wait till it gets closer and check the prices...

Thanks!!!

They have specials from time to time so invariably it'll probably come down. We sailed last month and the drink package came down to about $47 pp about a month before sailing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter