Dreams Unlimited Travel Podcast | Traveling as a Same-Sex Couple | 04/22/19

Thank you for much for covering this topic! It is so important, especially if you are coming from an area or life where you are used to less tolerant people.

I found the best thing to do is to do your research, use your own discretion, and of course discuss it with your Partner. So if we are going to DC and staying in a hotel in Dupont Circle, we would have no reason to be concerned.

But when I went to visit St. Lucia a couple times (my father lived/worked there), I straightened up my act. Similar to Haiti or Jamaica, it has horrific laws pertaining to gay people. It is a Honeymoon capital, but I doubt same sex couples would be welcome. So I was careful as an individual, but would not go their as a couple.

I am about half way through but so far am enjoying this episode, it's been nice on two points. The guys were a bit open and transparent about their personal life which I respect their willingness to do so. I also admit I hadn't given this much thought as a straight person, that this can be a very valid concern for certain international travel so I feel better aware about what others deal with.
So thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!