Dreams Unlimited Travel Podcast | Free Disney Dining Plan Facts & Myths | 03/27/17

WebmasterJackie

Senior Editor for The DIS & DCL Fan
Staff member
Administrator
Want to know more about Disney's Free Dining promotion? We've got a special bonus edition of the Dreams Unlimited Travel Podcast that clears up facts and myths along with what you need to know before you book your Walt Disney World vacation.

Enjoy the show!

Good insights as always! I appreciate your perspective on Free Dining. It blows my mind that there are travelers that would pay extra for "free" dining...

Another great show by the Dreams team. The important things about free dining to me are tat holding a current reservation does nothing to increase your chances of getting free dining, even if you're booked at a resort where its offered. You still have to call and re-book/change the discount (or have a fabulous Dreams agent to assist with this process!)

I would love to see an episode on "Disney Math". Like Tracey was talking about, how a room only discount and paying for dining can put you ahead (easily). Or how paying out of pocket for dining can be cheaper than the dining plan now that prices continue to go up, up, up.

I would love to see an episode on "Disney Math". Like Tracey was talking about, how a room only discount and paying for dining can put you ahead (easily). Or how paying out of pocket for dining can be cheaper than the dining plan now that prices continue to go up, up, up.
Good idea, although I'd submit that Disney math is just plain old math dressed up in a Minnie skirt.

Another great show by the Dreams team. The important things about free dining to me are tat holding a current reservation does nothing to increase your chances of getting free dining, even if you're booked at a resort where its offered. You still have to call and re-book/change the discount (or have a fabulous Dreams agent to assist with this process!)

I agree - and one thing that I have taken away on a couple of instances from these Dreams shows is that you should book something (whatever it is, a room, a flight, whatever) when you are comfortable with what it is and the price it is at ... then if later a discount comes out and you can adjust your details, then great - but don't book something expecting a discount to come at a later date and then not be happy with what you have booked.

There are definitely a bunch of angles to that - but maybe an episode of the things to consider/the things to ask that could create in some savings you might not expect would be good. I've also seen for some people that the day of the week you fly can make a big difference and so if there are 4 people in your group and you can save $500 by flying a day later, it can be cheaper to extend your vacation by day which in the surface seems odd to have a cheaper vacation by making it longer

I know this probably can feel like beating a dead horse to the Dreams team... but I appreciate it. The more you guys can help maintain the hysteria the more we appreciate it!

Perfectly timed show! Just pulled the trigger on flights from NZ to Orlando via LA. Have done lots of research on WDW but couldn't book anything until flights and dates were finalised. I've sent my details to Dreams including preferred resorts so look forward to working with one of the agents to get things finalised.

I have taken the approach recommended on the show - I can live with the prices as they are at the moment but any discount would be great if it worked out. The important bit for me is the tyranny of distance means an agent on the ground is going to be invaluable in sorting out anything that comes up.

Perfectly timed show! Just pulled the trigger on flights from NZ to Orlando via LA. Have done lots of research on WDW but couldn't book anything until flights and dates were finalised. I've sent my details to Dreams including preferred resorts so look forward to working with one of the agents to get things finalised.

I have taken the approach recommended on the show - I can live with the prices as they are at the moment but any discount would be great if it worked out. The important bit for me is the tyranny of distance means an agent on the ground is going to be invaluable in sorting out anything that comes up.
Sounds absolutely exciting! Hope you have a wonderful, and magical pixiedust: trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter