Dreams Unlimited Travel Podcast | Cruising to Alaska | 08/13/18

We did Alaska on the Wonder last year. Going in, our thought process was exactly like John said near the beginning of the show. It would be a one-time, bucket list type trip. After doing it, we're definitely going to go back. It's just a matter of when, not "if", as it's not the easiest trip from the east coast.

I definitely like the idea of doing prenights in Denali and Anchorage, then taking a southbound cruise. While the cruise ports are amazing, Denali is known as one of the best national parks in the country, and I really want to spend a few days just there.

@jimmymc - Opposite coasts (wonder if that's an omen?) :), but Denali and Acadia definitely have the same rep, and hold the same fascination and draw for me.

Loved the show, and am especially happy to find out NCL Bliss (new this year!) will have studio cabins, so no dreaded single supplement. I am going to try my darnedest to make my lifelong dreams come true, and do an Alaska cruise sometime within the next few years!!

Loved this show as we just did an Alaskan Cruise this summer on Celebrity!

Helpful hints: I HIGHLY recommend doing the “land” portion before the cruise not after. You move around a lot from hotel to hotel. It can be exhausting packing and unpacking/ having your suitcases out early in the morning. It’s really nice having the relaxing cruise at the end of it. Also, Celebrity’s land/sea tours are seamless. They do a great job! Another note, all of the hotels that Kevin mentioned that AbD uses are the exact hotels that Celebrity uses. They even do the domed rail cars to Denali.

Kevin, John and Tracey mentioned they might like to do an Alaskan Cruise with a land portion so I just wanted to pass on what I learned! Hope it helps!

Loved this show as we just did an Alaskan Cruise this summer on Celebrity!

Helpful hints: I HIGHLY recommend doing the “land” portion before the cruise not after. You move around a lot from hotel to hotel. It can be exhausting packing and unpacking/ having your suitcases out early in the morning. It’s really nice having the relaxing cruise at the end of it. Also, Celebrity’s land/sea tours are seamless. They do a great job! Another note, all of the hotels that Kevin mentioned that AbD uses are the exact hotels that Celebrity uses. They even do the domed rail cars to Denali.

Kevin, John and Tracey mentioned they might like to do an Alaskan Cruise with a land portion so I just wanted to pass on what I learned! Hope it helps!

I appreciate it... This would be a one time type trip for me, primarily due to the hassle of getting there!! (from Philadelphia). Celebrity sounds like they really do things well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!