Dreams Unlimited Travel Podcast | Cruising to Alaska | 08/13/18

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by WebmasterJackie, Aug 13, 2018.

1. WebmasterJackie

WebmasterJackie Senior Content Manager for The DIS Staff Member Administrator

In this episode, the panel discusses cruising to Alaska, including different cruise itineraries, ports, and so much more!

2. SorcererHeidi

SorcererHeidi Sorcerer please cast forever love spell for me

Alaska is a bucket list trip for me, so very much looking forward to watching this!

Spencer Wright likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. mcd2745

mcd2745 These Mickey pretzels are making me thirsty!

We did Alaska on the Wonder last year. Going in, our thought process was exactly like John said near the beginning of the show. It would be a one-time, bucket list type trip. After doing it, we're definitely going to go back. It's just a matter of when, not "if", as it's not the easiest trip from the east coast.

5. jimmymc

jimmymc Professional Adventurer!

I definitely like the idea of doing prenights in Denali and Anchorage, then taking a southbound cruise. While the cruise ports are amazing, Denali is known as one of the best national parks in the country, and I really want to spend a few days just there.

6. SorcererHeidi

SorcererHeidi Sorcerer please cast forever love spell for me

@jimmymc - Opposite coasts (wonder if that's an omen?) :), but Denali and Acadia definitely have the same rep, and hold the same fascination and draw for me.

Loved the show, and am especially happy to find out NCL Bliss (new this year!) will have studio cabins, so no dreaded single supplement. I am going to try my darnedest to make my lifelong dreams come true, and do an Alaska cruise sometime within the next few years!!

jimmymc likes this.
  7. MeeskaMooska13

MeeskaMooska13 DIS Veteran

Loved this show as we just did an Alaskan Cruise this summer on Celebrity!

Helpful hints: I HIGHLY recommend doing the “land” portion before the cruise not after. You move around a lot from hotel to hotel. It can be exhausting packing and unpacking/ having your suitcases out early in the morning. It’s really nice having the relaxing cruise at the end of it. Also, Celebrity’s land/sea tours are seamless. They do a great job! Another note, all of the hotels that Kevin mentioned that AbD uses are the exact hotels that Celebrity uses. They even do the domed rail cars to Denali.

Kevin, John and Tracey mentioned they might like to do an Alaskan Cruise with a land portion so I just wanted to pass on what I learned! Hope it helps!

8. Spencer Wright

Spencer Wright Constantly craving a zebra dome...

I appreciate it... This would be a one time type trip for me, primarily due to the hassle of getting there!! (from Philadelphia). Celebrity sounds like they really do things well.

9. MeeskaMooska13

MeeskaMooska13 DIS Veteran

I know what you mean! We are from Charlotte - it was a long day of travel but worth it!

Spencer Wright likes this.