Dreams Unlimited Travel Podcast: Adults Traveling to Walt Disney World Without Kids | 03/11/19

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by WebmasterJackie, Mar 11, 2019.

1. WebmasterJackie

WebmasterJackie Senior Content Manager for The DIS Staff Member Administrator

In this episode, the panel discusses the experience of traveling to Walt Disney World as adults without kids from a parent's perspective (and from adults without children)!

Also, stop by our Visiting Solo page for more information on traveling as adults with no kiddos!

2. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing @WebmasterJackie ... always good to hear tips and they often bring up things I don’t think of (like impact to packing, etc)

We have our first “parents only” trip coming up this August (kids are going to Camp Nana and Grandpa) so enjoyed this one and gave me a few things to think about

Spencer Wright and SorcererHeidi like this.
  3. WebmasterJackie

WebmasterJackie Senior Content Manager for The DIS Staff Member Administrator

Oooooo!!! I'm so excited for you guys!! You're going to have the best time!! :goodvibes

Spencer Wright and SorcererHeidi like this.
  4. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

of course we will .... it's for the Dreams event!

5. Spencer Wright

Spencer Wright Constantly craving a zebra dome...

I thought this was an especially interesting show! I generally go in August with my mother and sister, and even though her and I are 29 and 25, my mother has pointed out how a huge pro of visiting WDW is that we can be out late without her thinking twice about our safety. Or that her or my sister could go back to a hotel room alone without worrying about safety (obviously you still use common sense and things).

I have no children and none of my friends do, and I always tell people WDW has done such an excellent job in recent years working to cater strictly to adult-only parties. We especially see this with the rise of Disney Springs and places like Pandora. I live in SE PA where WDW vacations are huge and a lot of people put them off until they have kids or go with family members with kids, and I try to emphasize how much there is to do for just adults.

kylenne and SorcererHeidi like this.