Dreams Come True! An April Adventure of Being Remembered & Making Magic Updated 11/6!

katt789

DIS Veteran
A big hello out there to everyone who is so far reading along so far! I have made the decision to FINALLY start my (newest) trip report, I have the following trips planned (this is officially where you will find all the chapter links when they begin!) and am super excited to go on more & more adventures over and over again!!

I also have 2 TR's from 2012 on the go, so if you haven't taken a gander at them yet, here are the links to them;

Jan 2012->Solo

March 2012->Down to Disneyland Resort

April 22-28th 2012
PTR:
The W's
Day #1
Plans for Day #1
April 3 Update!
Plans for Day #2 (April 23)
Plans for Day #3- April 24th!
Life Update
Plans for Day #4 (April 25th)
Plans for Day #5 (April 26th)
Plans for Day #6 (April 27th)
LIVE from Disney
News on Goings Ons & NEW TRIP

THE APRIL TRIP REPORT BEGINS!!

Day 1-> April 22
That Pesky First Post
Aaaannndd Heeeere Weeee Gooo
The Magic Kingdom in the Sky
A Grand Start to the Week

Day 2->April 23
Oh EMH, How I love You
We Go Searching For Dinos
A Festival of Lions
FOTLK Part 2
It's Time For Characters!
The Hoop de What?!
The Hoop de Doo!
I'm Pretty Sure We Were Just at Jubilations

Day 3->April 24
A Very Magical Morning
It's A Ginger Love Connection
What Tyler Wants to Do
Tanessa Meets her Boyfriend
The Update You've All Been Waiting For!!
Watch Out for Gaston
It's Parade Time!
LIFE UPDATE!!

The Part Where All our Dreams Come True

The End to a Magical Night

Day 4-> April 25th
A Little Tour of CBR
Towers, Toys & Muppets
The One With All the Food
Part 1 of Some Theatre
Part 2 & Terror!
Counting Down to FUN!
Mermaids & Shopping
The End of DHS & A Mini Dismeet

Day 5-> April 26th
Swimming in the Seas

Immmaaaaggginnaaaatttiioooooon & Snacks & Friends

***Periwinkle's First Appearance!***
Worldly Adventures Are Always Better With Tequila!
***Sept Trip Plans/Update***
More Adventures & More Booze!
It's Nearly Lunch Time!
Try the Grey Stuff, It's Delicious!
Sept Trip Summary & A Huge Thank You
Magical Dreams of Reflections of Earth

Day 6->April 27th
The Attack of the School Groups

ALL of the FEEELS
September Trip Report Link!!
Tensions Run High
Celebrating
Dinner gives us food & a fiance?!
Time to Be Movin Along
All Good Things Come to An End
Reviews of All

July/August 2012-> July 25-27th
HERE is the link for my Audition Trip Report!

Sept 10-21/2012 --> Pre-Trip Report HERE!

Nov 5-12/2012-->Trip being bumped to December!!

Now, why do I have so many trips planned (especially being from way up here in Canada?) Well, I had the thoughts of going a lot, and had started thinking about getting an annual pass. However, I had a couple of trips planned to DLR as well, and starting thinking "If only there was a pass that could get you into both WDW & DLR" Well, wouldn't ya know, there is!

31-1.jpg

And there begins the countless number of ridiculous photos of me....le sigh....:rolleyes: And also, the Annual Premier Passport!!

Now, enough with the babbling, I'll begin the chapters of the April Pre Trip to keep ya'll entertained!

The introductions begin!! (I'm going to apologise now if any of the pics don't show up properly, I'm using other people's photobuckets for some of them, and thus don't have control over things)

So, for this trip, of course, I will be going on:

IMG_4324-1.jpg

I'm Katt! Hi! I'm a 22 (soon to be 23) year old Disney fanatic. I've always loved all things Disney, music, movies, characters, it's just all so fantastic. I first visted DisneyLand in 1997.

n645435646_2857747_4727.jpg

I don't remember a whole lot about the trip, we stayed offsite, and took a shuttle to the parks. Obviously this was before DCA opened, so we just had DL to visit. We mainly visited characters, as I was not a ride person at all. I did love it though.

My next visit to the parks would have been in May of 2011 down to WDW. I went with a group of friends from work, and this is when I fell in love with the parks. The atmosphere, the characters, the awesomeness. There's just SO much magic that goes on, one of my favorite things to do is just grab a Mickey bar and a bench & people watch!

I then went again in Sept 2011, with one of the same people, and two other friends. THEN one of my friends & I went down for an audition in December of 2011. I took a quick solo trip down in Janurary 2012, and have gone to DLR in March as well. So. Much. Awesome.

My favorite characters are Ariel;

Photo0015FourBySix.jpg

Tinkerbell;
Photo0344FourBySix-1.jpg

And Tigger!!
25-1.jpg

Now, enough about me, we'll move onto who else is going with me!

I've got Tyler:
5-1.jpg

He's 24, a friend of mine from work (although we no longer work together) he's the big brother that I never had, and we get along very much in that brother-sister way. He came on the trip in Sept 2011, as a last minute resort after someone else backed out (he got his passport less than a month before departure! :scared1:) He loves all things Toy Story, Lion King, Wall-E and of course, the thrill rides. His favorite is Buzz!

Photo0044FourBySix.jpg

I believe he had only been to Disney once before our trip together last year, as he did have a lot to discover. He loves all the big thrill rides, and even managed to conquer Mission Space, orange side twice in a row! One of his major plans for this trip is to attempt to drink around the world in Epcot, which we'll actually be able to do. The 3 of us on this trip can actually handle our alcohol, and have no problems getting up the next day, so it'll be interesting to see if that turns out at all :lmao:

Last, but of course, not least, is Tanessa!

IMG_1377-1.jpg

She's also 23, and works with me at the dinner theatre, her & Tyler do know each other, and were excited to know that the other was coming. Tanessa & I had been planning on possibly going to Mexico, with another trip planned to go with other friends in May to Disney. Soon after discovering the other 2 couldn't go, we ditched the tequila & partying for a week in the magical land! (Although, let's be serious, some tequila will probably still be consumed)

Her favorite is Eeyore!
IMG_0306.jpg

And I honestly couldn't tell ya a whole bunch more about her Disney habits. I'll definitely be having a Disney survey later on which will tell you all more about everyone.

Now, let us continue onto the rest of the W's!
(Continued in Next Post)

When: April 22-28th 2012

Where: Caribbean Beach Resort!

CB_EST_1_998.jpg

It's our first time staying here (and our first time in a moderate) I know Tyler will love it, as we stayed Value (Pop Century) last time, and he's already looking foward to the beach & the hammock. I know it will be an awesome resort, I'm just hoping that I haven't been spoiled by the Deluxe stay earlier this year!

We just have a standard view room booked, and I was super glad to hear that there is now wireless throughout all the Disney Resorts (although I don't know if I'll be using it at all :laughing:) I'm hoping that we have a room in an area that is the best location for transportation wise, and that's all I really want!

Celebrations: All 3 of us will have a birthday button at somepoint on this trip, as Tanessa just celebrated hers, mine's in May, and Tyler's is in June. I figured, what better of a place to celebrate Disney!?

Our Plans:
Sunday April 22: Arrival, MK emh
Mon April 23: Animal Kingdom
Tues April 24:Magic Kingdom
Wed April 25: Disney's Hollywood Studios
Thur April 26: Epcot
Fri April 27: All the Parks!
Sat April 28: Departure.

In the next couple of posts I'll go into more details about plans, and continue about what's going on in our lives prior to the trips! Yay!

Posting here because it seems more relevant than on your other TRs!

Your premiere AP is certainly going to get a workout! But how awesome that you get to take all these trips with your friends.

Where do you think you want to go in May/June? If it's Florida, I would totally push for a May trip and Flower and Garden Festival! Then the only special event you miss is the Christmas party (depending on when they start up).

Posting here because it seems more relevant than on your other TRs!

Your premiere AP is certainly going to get a workout! But how awesome that you get to take all these trips with your friends.

Where do you think you want to go in May/June? If it's Florida, I would totally push for a May trip and Flower and Garden Festival! Then the only special event you miss is the Christmas party (depending on when they start up).

Yay! And heck yes it does! After I looked at all the potential trips I had, I figured it was just a better idea, and now, it's all 'Well...the airfare's cheap...lets go!"

I would be going down to Florida! And I would have to go in June, as that's when the 6 month cut off for an audition for me goes until, I did see the Flower & Garden festival last year, it wasn't my fave, but it is awesome!

Looking forward to reading about all your upcoming trips!

Yay! They're sure to be an adventure!!

Yay so many trips! I'm so jealous!:rotfl:
But seriously very excited about all your plans!

Yay! Glad you're here to read along!!

Well...today is an interesting day for me.
First off, on my way home from dance yesterday, I had my Iphone in my pocket listening to music, and my sleeve caught on the ear phone cord, and pulled it out of my pocket...and onto the ground. The screen broke.:guilty: Now...this wouldn't be such a problem, if I had not been using one of the Disney cases. The Iphone 4 cases don't fit properly, and the front of my phone was sticking out of the case...if I had a different case on it, it wouldn't have happened....:sad2: So...there's an extra $100.00 I can't spend at Disney, but, hey, thigns happen.

Secondly, I've decided that now is a good time to do a quick cleanse before Disney & eating junk for a week (although I do pretty good to be healthy while down there), it's not super crazy, but it had me mildy grumpy at work yesterday, and it's super good! So bonus!

Thirdly, I've been needing/meaning to get my passport renewed since we went to Disney in Sept. It expires in November, and the trips just kept coming up to close to each other, so after DLR in March, I was all "I can get it now!" and then didn't have the paperwork...and then didn't have a printer...and had to wait until the internet at work was working so I could print it there...which I did yesterday...oh...I need new photos for this stuf?!:scared1: Needless to say, I've left it a little late, and that's why I'm up this early is to head out & get my passport renewed TODAY. I do have plans to do the "2-10 business days" option and pay extra, which should hopefully get it here in 22 days total! :scared1:

Day # 1:
Sunday April 22/2012

Today begins nice & EARLY, actually, it will probably being the night before. Tyler works as a chef for Delta, and thus, gets discounts at the hotels. There's one out at the airport, so we'll be heading out there after we're done work, and have a nice relaxing night.

Now, at approximately 5:00 am, we will be getting up and heading straight over to the airport to jump on a plane! We've flown American Airlines before, and had no problems with them. I've flown with AA, Delta, United, Air Canada & US Airways to & from Disney on the variety of our trips. I've never had trouble with any of them, and american carriers are usually far cheaper to book on than Canadian ones.

americanairlines.jpg

Our flight leaves at 7:00am, with a 3 hour layover in Dallas! Yayayayaya....:cool1: ....that's sarcasm...if our layover was only an hour, we'd get in to MCO so much earlier :sad1: However, I'm ok with it, as we'll have time to sit down and have a nice meal, relax, take it slow, rather than running from gate to gate. Wow, that airport is big (defs just looked its website on) I see they have a Chilli's! OM NOM.

chillis.jpg

If I bring my laptop, we may watch a movie, who knows?! Our next flight leaves around 3:00pm, and then around 6:00pm, we'll start seeing some of these:

DSCN04011.jpg

As we land in the AMAZING ORLANDO!! EEEEEEEKKK!! Hopefully we'll quickly & efficiently find our way down to the Magical Express area, where this will be waiting for us:

wdw_magical_express.jpg

And seriously...if Mickey has somehow gotten our bags, and is there waiting to whisk us away to CBR, I'm quite okay with that. :cloud9: This is when the magic starts, and I adore that feeling. Once you land in MCO, absolutely everyone is friendly, and awesome, and just magical! The humidity there, the weather is warm, the SMELL of Orlando. ahhhhh...amazing.

Hopefully we'll manage to get the the resort by 7:30. If we land on time, I figure we can be on the ME by 7, and then we'll make the trip quickly, right?!:cutie: Can we talk about how excited writing this is making me?! (It also reminded me that I actually need to book the ME haha!)

Let the Memories Begin! Click on it!!

We'll soon be arriving here:

CB_EST_1_998.jpg

Caribbean Beach Resort! Our first stay here, and our first stay at a Moderate! It will be super nice to have the little bit of extra space, and the WIFI (although that's everywhere now...) I'm just excited for the beach part of things, and the hammocks! Hopefully we HAVE some downtime to chill in the sun here!
After a quick check in, we'll head into our room, drop off our stuff, change, and hopefully it will be no later than 8:30 by now (that's totally reasonable, right?!) and we'll make it into the park by 9!!

Which park, you may ask? Well, the one that's open until 2am of course!!

38-1.jpg

And since it's April, and it's EMH, it appears that there are 2 showings of the MSEP, so we'll be able to watch that if we want (9 &11 pm) and we'll even have around an hour before the showing of Wishes!

Debating around wait times, we'll probably stop in to see the main Mouse first thing! Gotta let him know we're here, right?!

Photo0005FourBySix.jpg

And his lady friend too of course! Once that's done, I have a specific place in minda that we'll need to detour on our way through to Frontierland to hit up, and if you've read my last TR, you know where that is!

Photo0146FourBySix-1.jpg

Yup...there it is...gotta make a stop to see them! Especially since we know by this time, they'll probably be the only characters out (minus the Fairies). Next up we'll conquer some mountains:

640px-Splash_Mountain_800.jpg

MKBTM2.jpg

And visit some happy haunts & pirates!

134.jpg

haunted.jpg

My guess is we'll spend the next couple of hours riding rides, knowing Tyler, he'll want to go on Space Mountain a million times in a row!

SPACE.jpg

And thanks to it being a beautiful night time our last stop before fireworks will probably be The TTA!!

IMG_0835.jpg

Then, of course, it's time for us all to make a wish and wait for it to come true...also known as...the time Tyler & Tanessa will be embarressed to be with me as I'll be crying...:laughing:

Wishes.jpg

We'll now have the option to find a spot to watch some more entertainment:

pb8.jpg

OR we can head straight to Fantastyland to tackle all the rides there and watch the parade on our MK day!

IMG_1118.jpg

I just figure that there won't be a huge amount of crowds in the park, especially during the parade, and that night time is a better time to accomplish FL, when all the smaller kids are headed to bed.

Who knows what time we'll end up being done the park, I'm guessing that we won't last until 2 am, especially since we've got to be up EARLY the next morning, and after travelling all day, you're usually tired (which doesn't really make sense, as you usually sleep all day travelling...) I'm gonna say by 12:30 we'll probably head back to CBR for a quick round of showers and sleep!

Main Goals of the Day:
-Get to MCO safe & sound
-Be ahead of schedule if possible
-Immerse self in Magic
-Tiana & Naveen!

Oh no! That sucks about your phone!!
It sucks that it's a little less money for Disney boo hiss!

I'm totally the same with my passport, I keep booking overseas trips and I still haven't done anything about getting my new passport. I know I'll leave it to the last minute and have to pay extra. Gahh

Your plans sound great so far.

Ahhh palm trees are freaking amazing!

I'm sorry about your phone! $100 isn't a bad deal for an iPhone though.. are you going to upgrade to the 4s? I'm so excited for my (eventual) upgrade, I'm terribly jealous about the camera quality on the 4s! A perfect point and shoot for in the parks. I meant to say this in your other TR but I loooove Diner Dash. It's so addicting.

So jealous of your upcoming Peoplemover ride. It's so weird to think that it's going to be at least a year before I have a chance to ride it again. I miss it!

Good luck with your passport!

Hi Kat! I've been reading your old trip reports, they are fantastic. I'm so excited for you that your next trip is so soon. Look forward to reading more. -Amanda:goodvibes

Oh no! That sucks about your phone!!
It sucks that it's a little less money for Disney boo hiss!

I'm totally the same with my passport, I keep booking overseas trips and I still haven't done anything about getting my new passport. I know I'll leave it to the last minute and have to pay extra. Gahh

Your plans sound great so far.

Ahhh palm trees are freaking amazing!

Yup...so crappy that the phone died..luckily it's not that bad, and I can wait for it to get fixed. It also gave me the excuse to buy a new awesome case (that super super adorable stitch one, you may have seen it) so that it can kinda protect it a little more.

I'm sorry about your phone! $100 isn't a bad deal for an iPhone though.. are you going to upgrade to the 4s? I'm so excited for my (eventual) upgrade, I'm terribly jealous about the camera quality on the 4s! A perfect point and shoot for in the parks. I meant to say this in your other TR but I loooove Diner Dash. It's so addicting.

So jealous of your upcoming Peoplemover ride. It's so weird to think that it's going to be at least a year before I have a chance to ride it again. I miss it!

Good luck with your passport!

I'm pretty sure it's only $100.00, who knows, I have yet to actually get to an apple store. And I probably won't upgrade, I really just got the Iphone for the gps on it, I have a habit of getting lost. Haha. As for the pictures, it takes pretty good ones anyways. And oh my goodness, Diner Dash! SO ADDICTING!!

Hi Kat! I've been reading your old trip reports, they are fantastic. I'm so excited for you that your next trip is so soon. Look forward to reading more. -Amanda:goodvibes

Thanks!! I'm glad you enjoyed them & have joined along to read!

What Stitch phone case? Is it only for Iphones? I want a new case for my phone, but it's a Nokia Lumia.

Hey team!

So I realized today that I haven't even gotten into our actual plans for day 1 yet, and I also have some more news relying to every day life.

Firstly, Tanessa's family is going down to the World the week before us, and one of their party members isn't able to go anymore. SO, Tanessa has 3 days of Park hopper tickets already paid for! She also got a ticket to Universal, so her and Tyler might pop over there sometime during the trip.

My issue with this: something you all know, once a trip is planned (especially with ADR'S already made) it's kinda hard to change. I'm thinking that I'll send them over to Universal on the last day of our trip and tell them to take a cab to the Grand Floridian for 4:00pm. That gives them the most of the day over at Universal, and we can finish up Magic Kingdom that evenin after dinner.

Problem: That leaves them out of re-doing anything on our last day. I've thought about changing the flights around and staying an extra day, which is totally cool. That way, we put Universal on the 28th and the park hopping on the 29th.

At this point, it all depends on cost, as I know it will be a lot, and Tyler doesn't really have funds for it. We'll see how it all works out.

18 Days to go!!!

Wow, you've got so many trips this year. I just finished reading your solo trip to Disney Land when I got the link to this one. One word...LUCKY! I think that's great that you're able to go to Disney so often. Enjoy all your trips.

Hey team!

So I realized today that I haven't even gotten into our actual plans for day 1 yet, and I also have some more news relying to every day life.

Firstly, Tanessa's family is going down to the World the week before us, and one of their party members isn't able to go anymore. SO, Tanessa has 3 days of Park hopper tickets already paid for! She also got a ticket to Universal, so her and Tyler might pop over there sometime during the trip.

My issue with this: something you all know, once a trip is planned (especially with ADR'S already made) it's kinda hard to change. I'm thinking that I'll send them over to Universal on the last day of our trip and tell them to take a cab to the Grand Floridian for 4:00pm. That gives them the most of the day over at Universal, and we can finish up Magic Kingdom that evenin after dinner.

Problem: That leaves them out of re-doing anything on our last day. I've thought about changing the flights around and staying an extra day, which is totally cool. That way, we put Universal on the 28th and the park hopping on the 29th.

At this point, it all depends on cost, as I know it will be a lot, and Tyler doesn't really have funds for it. We'll see how it all works out.

18 Days to go!!!

Ugh, that's hard to decide!. I'd probably not add the extra day, just figure out some stuff that I would want to do on my own (mini golf? A tour? Maybe explore a new resort?) and let them head to Universal. And then have a back-up plan if they don't head over to Universal (which is totally possible, it may end up being easier to stay at Disney! Especially if everyone's tired, haha. And if Tyler doesn't buy a ticket ahead of time, no one's out any money!).

Yay! We've finally made it to plans of Day 2, which is actually our first full day! Yay!

Today: April 23/2012. We will be getting up bright & early this morning to get onto the bus for 7:30! I'm guessing we'll be eating a snack-y type breakfast, along with some caffiene in the room/on the way to the park. Which park will we be headed to? Well,

animal_kingdom.jpg

Thanks to extra magic hours being this morning, we'll be beating most of the crowds by arriving right at 8:00am and getting ready for the race over to Asia, as our first destination will be:

21.jpg

Where we'll most likely walk on the ride, walk on again and ask for the front, do that again (as there are 3 of us, and all of us will want to ride it infront) then we'll make the decision to go again! Or grab a fast pass for everest,

IMG_1445-1.jpg

And head over to Africa to explore the wilderness and see some animals on the safari!

211.jpg

We'll grab a fp for it for later, and back through Asia we go! We'll be walking past our Yeti friend this time on our way over to Dinoland! :banana:

I would really like to ride the Primeval Whirl

disney09079.jpg

This time around, as we've missed it every other time, and it seems like it might be a bit cool? :confused3 Who knows! Haha, before we know it though, we'll be on a blast in the past!!

56-1.jpg

After our prehistoric adventure, we'll check what time we're at, use some of our fast passes, and meet some characters!!

50-1.jpg

87-1.jpg

Which Tyler will be this excited for:

49-2-1.jpg

Then, while we head over to Camp Minnie Mickey, it will be time for my ultimate FAVORITE part of the trip...Festival of the Lion King! EEEEEEEEE

71-1.jpg

80-1.jpg

*sigh* I might cry watching this...I nearly did when I was with Sylvia, simply because there's so much going on, it can be a bit overwhelming when you're watching it in person. GAH! So excited! I'll definitely be stopping to talk to a cm to hopefully pass on word to the bird dancer that she is the most incredible talent I've seen in forever!! Gah!!

Now that we've got pretty much everything done (seriously, I won't be wanting to see the Finding Nemo musical) we might grab a light lunch, and spend the rest of the day character hunting and use some fp for a couple more Everest rides, cause you can never get too many of those!!

By 3:45ish, probably a bit earlier, we'll be jumping on a bus to head over to Fort Wilderness!

Fort-Wilderness.jpg

I'm guessing (especially as I just said to my roomate "Holy, I'm typing up my PTR for Animal Kingdom, and there's practically nothing to do there!") that we'll probably head out of Animal Kingdom at 3:00 and be at FW by 4:00pm and have some time to relax and hang out before out next plan!

DSCF3989.jpg

Hoop De Doo Revue!! I was looking at doing this for a while, and thought it looked like a fun night, I was hesitant on booking when I saw it was $60.00 per person at booking time, but was SOLD when I saw it had unlimited beer, sangria, and wine! DONE!

tumblr_m1o1d314Ej1rn7s4ho1_1280-1.jpg

Also...corn bread...Tyler & I kinda have this thing with cornbread, and I just LOVE it so, so, so much. So, I had to do it. It may be a cheesy entertainment evening, but hey, we're all from dinner theatre, and that's what the beer's for, right?:rolleyes1

Depending what time it is when we get out of there, we'll probably head over to DTD or Boardwalk to check out Jelly Rolls or House of Blues for the evening. My guess is that we won't be out too late as we'll have had a busy day, and have to be up early the next morning!!

Sounds like a great plan! Save us a seat at FotLK, and we'll save you a spot in line for some characters :rotfl::rotfl: (of course I would never condone line jumping! ;))

I think that you'll be really pleasantly surprised at Hoop Dee Doo, we thought it was lots of fun, but you're right--beer helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter