Dreaming of free dining math question

3princes+1princess

Mouseketeer
So....we have a family of 6. If we go during free dining, Would it be better to

1) stay at a value resort in the family suite (animation) and get quick service fd then upgrade.....

Or

2)get two rooms at a moderate (port Orleans most likely) with free dining (the one win one qs and one sit down).

We stayed at POFQ last time with free dining and loved how small the resort was. Not sure i could handle how big the value resorts are. And we would want regular free dining in Order to see all the characters during meals. But now we cannot just stay in one room there.

Thanks....

be sure to also check pricing on a villa..sometimes with a family esp a family of 5+ a villa can be a good deal

Rumor has it that only QS dining will be offered to moderate and deluxe reservations with nothing for values. Hoing this is not true but we will have to wait and see.

Rumor has it that only QS dining will be offered to moderate and deluxe reservations with nothing for values. Hoing this is not true but we will have to wait and see.

I heard something different yesterday, just that Deluxe would definitely have Plus dining free and value would have only counter service free....not sure where moderates fall in there...

I beleive this rumor. So I ran the numbers as follows...

I've run the numbers for my family of 5 (though my youngest is < 3 so too young for the dining plan, so really family of 4).
I compared a family suite at AoA and paying out of pocket for QS dining - v - 2 rooms at a moderate with free QS dinning. It wasn't even close AoA was much cheaper.

I think you just have to run it both ways for your family and their ages. I'd guess it may work out as a wash. So you could pick which ever you prefer.

Also, double check the historical black out dates for free dining. I was afraid of booking hte mod at the hopes of getting free dining only to be blacked out.

I think the last offer (not the free dining but discount on room and tickets) didnt include AOA suites so they might not offer free dining there. (and actually lasts year free dining I dont think included the AOA suites either, someone correct me if I am wrong).

I heard something different yesterday, just that Deluxe would definitely have Plus dining free and value would have only counter service free....not sure where moderates fall in there...

No Free dining for Values - Room discount only
QS dining for Mod's
Regular Dining for Deluxe

vacation_junkie said:
No Free dining for Values - Room discount only
QS dining for Mod's
Regular Dining for Deluxe

What if we staying at moderate and want dining?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Would we pay full price???

If they offer free quick service and you want the regular dining plan, in the past they have allowed you to pay the difference between the 2.

DebbieB said:
If they offer free quick service and you want the regular dining plan, in the past they have allowed you to pay the difference between the 2.

How would I figure that out??? Any idea???

1) stay at a value resort in the family suite (animation) and get quick service fd then upgrade.....

Or

2)get two rooms at a moderate (port Orleans most likely) with free dining (the one win one qs and one sit down).
Or there are the cabins at Ft.W.

i just booked a week stay at the contemporay in August, i paid for the meal plan but I'm wondering how do I get a free meal plan.

How would I figure that out??? Any idea???

See this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2958846

Quick Service is $37.58 for adults, $14.32 for children
Regular Plan is $55.59 or $56.94 for adults (depending on the date), $17.16 or $18.16 for children.

Subtract the difference. Around $18-$20 for adults (per day).

i just booked a week stay at the contemporay in August, i paid for the meal plan but I'm wondering how do I get a free meal plan.

If the free dining promotion is announced, you can call and see if it's available for your resort & dates.

DebbieB said:
See this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2958846

Quick Service is $37.58 for adults, $14.32 for children
Regular Plan is $55.59 or $56.94 for adults (depending on the date), $17.16 or $18.16 for children.

Subtract the difference. Around $18-$20 for adults (per day).

If the free dining promotion is announced, you can call and see if it's available for your resort & dates.

Thank you!!!!!!

3princes+1princess said:

Or

We stayed at POFQ last time with free dining and loved how small the resort was. Not sure i could handle how big the value resorts are. And we would want regular free dining in Order to see all the characters during meals. But now we cannot just stay in one room there.

Thanks....

The cheapest option would be to get 2 connecting rooms at a value resort. AOA was nice, but too big and too spread out. Plus the family suites at AOA are way overpriced. If you must have a suite, book at All Star Music.

pickles said:
be sure to also check pricing on a villa..sometimes with a family esp a family of 5+ a villa can be a good deal

For 6 people they would need a 2 bedroom villa and even with a free dining discount or renting points, that would $2500 per week more than 2 value rooms or a family suite at Music.

Three cats said:

It's not true.

HHMcG said:
I beleive this rumor. So I ran the numbers as follows...

I've run the numbers for my family of 5 (though my youngest is < 3 so too young for the dining plan, so really family of 4).
I compared a family suite at AoA and paying out of pocket for QS dining - v - 2 rooms at a moderate with free QS dinning. It wasn't even close AoA was much cheaper.

I think you just have to run it both ways for your family and their ages. I'd guess it may work out as a wash. So you could pick which ever you prefer.

Also, double check the historical black out dates for free dining. I was afraid of booking hte mod at the hopes of getting free dining only to be blacked out.

Very little validity in this rumor. What's going to happen to those thousands of value rooms they need to fill during the height of hurricane season? Disney isn't going to shoot itself on the foot like that - those marketing geniuses at Disney are too smart for that.

Diegosmom said:
I think the last offer (not the free dining but discount on room and tickets) didnt include AOA suites so they might not offer free dining there. (and actually lasts year free dining I dont think included the AOA suites either, someone correct me if I am wrong).

That incorrect, the AOA suites have not been excluded from any discounts. The AOA standard Little Mermaid rooms are the ones who have been excluded from almost every discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!