Dreaming of Aulani

sbbwdw

Mouseketeer
Hello, All! So we are starting to entertain the idea of a trip next summer. I am assuming non DVC can book rooms similar to WDW DVC, is this correct? Any first timer advice? Flights are sky high right now so starting to track. Is summer considered peak or off? Are standard rooms tough to get? I see there are deals for fall, do they regularly offer deals throughout the year, excluding holidays? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. 😁🌺🪨🐚🌴

We head to Aulani this Friday for our family vacation. You might want to consider renting someone’s DVC points to get the room you want for a lower price than it would cost you to book a room as a non-DVC member directly through Disney. I was surprised how much we were able to save by doing this (and it was a really simple process). I also tried to follow discounts Disney made available for Aulani vacations just to see if anything might have been comparable. I might have missed a discount or two, but I never saw them offer a discount for trips for this June or July.

Best of luck to you!

We head to Aulani this Friday for our family vacation. You might want to consider renting someone’s DVC points to get the room you want for a lower price than it would cost you to book a room as a non-DVC member directly through Disney. I was surprised how much we were able to save by doing this (and it was a really simple process). I also tried to follow discounts Disney made available for Aulani vacations just to see if anything might have been comparable. I might have missed a discount or two, but I never saw them offer a discount for trips for this June or July.

Best of luck to you!
This doesn't always work. With the 30% fall discount this year, it was cheaper to book directly through Disney than it was to rent points and I didn't have to pay in advance or worry about whether anyone would accept my offer.

But for summer, sure, the points might be cheaper. You probably won't get a discount in the summer since those are peak months.

Anyway, as long as you don't wait too long, you shouldn't have too much trouble getting the room that you want. And you can book any category of room, even if you aren't a DVC member. You can prove this to yourself by visiting the Aulani website and looking for a room.

Summer is definitely peak with kids on vacation. You really need to keep an eye on airfare. Don’t count on it going down but up as you get closer to summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!