Dreaming of a WDW Christmas in 2013 - which villa?

KYTink

Earning My Ears
My sister and I have tried to put together a "planned" family Christmas vacation at Disney for several years. We are shooting for next year, the week prior to Christmas. We have approximately 10-12 people going and would need a Grand Villa. We have always stayed on property in Mods or Deluxe and would appreciate any feedback on the villas. BLT is at the top of our preference list.

BLT are 2 levels that start on the 15th floor - so they are at the top of BLT - the windows in the living area goes from bottom to top - so you can see lots.
pretty sure they are on the outside curve.

there is only one lake view - the other are magic kingdom views.

it is expensive!!!! this is most expensive of the GV's.

what do you want to know? now have not stayed in one - but got a tour of two of them.

I vote Boardwalk. I think their decorations are so beautiful.

But if you have small kids, BLT might be better re: closeness to MK.

My sister and I have tried to put together a "planned" family Christmas vacation at Disney for several years. We are shooting for next year, the week prior to Christmas. We have approximately 10-12 people going and would need a Grand Villa. We have always stayed on property in Mods or Deluxe and would appreciate any feedback on the villas. BLT is at the top of our preference list.

To get that, you will probably need a DVC member to book it for you at 11 months out. And they will probably expect full payment to make the reservation that far out and that many points. Are you paying for everyone or is everyone paying their own way?

2-bedroom plus studio is cheaper and also sleeps 12.

8 or 9 in (depending upon the resort) 2-bedroom
4 in studio

that say OKW has some nice ones and they are definitely cheaper point wise - think it and SSR are the same if paying cash to Disney

To get that, you will probably need a DVC member to book it for you at 11 months out. And they will probably expect full payment to make the reservation that far out and that many points. Are you paying for everyone or is everyone paying their own way?

We are going at the same time and have our fingers crossed for a two bedroom at BLT. We've been on the waiting list for three months now waiting for our 11 month window on Jan 1.

If you're going to rent the points, you need to make sure you are all in by January so, you can get the points you will need for the Grande Villa.

Wow! This is more complicated than I thought. Which is probably why we've never been able to do it in the past. Our thoughts were to try one of the websites that rent points. We are all "big kids" so no worries with little ones and everyone pays their own way! :laughing: Looks like we need to do some more research. Thanks for the input!

2-bedroom plus studio is cheaper and also sleeps 12.

I second that. Assuming you're talking about Dec. 15-23, 2013, a Grand Villa at BLT would run you 648-780 points, or $6480-$7800, and technically does sleep 12. And it does get you beautiful, shared public spaces - if you all want to share a meal around a dining room table, it's a great way to go.

However, several of those people will basically be sleeping on the living room couch. Yes, the beds can fold up, but where do those people put all their stuff? And what if they want to (or need to) go to bed earlier than others?

What we have often done (not at Disney, but at other properties) is get something like several studios (or one bedrooms, if you can afford it), and then a 1-bedroom as a "hangout" place. Give one person in every family a key to that suite, stock it with food & drink (like your own concierge lounge), and have it be the place where everyone can hang out when they're awake. It doesn't get cluttered with luggage and such, no one is rudely awakened in the morning or kept up past their bedtime, and you don't have to worry about waking kids up. We've done this several times in the past & worked out really well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter