Dream With Me! Design Your Perfect Westbound TA Itinerary!

HermanTriplets+1

DIS Veteran
Hi Disers! For those of you have cruised a WBTA, and for those of you who, like me, have been following, dreaming, planning: what would be your dream itinerary? Where would you embark from? What ports would you visit? What season? Where would your cruise finish/disembark? Let's dream it forward!

Start ?
Bilbao
Lisbon
Bermuda - overnight
Bermuda
Castaway Cay
Port Canaveral or Miami

or

Dover
Iceland
Maritime Provinces, Canada
New York

(I did WBTA Barcelona, somewhere I don’t remember, Tortola, CC, Port Canaveral - all sort of i memorable. EBTA had Madeira, Gibraltar, Cadiz, Barcelona.)

I am going to go study my atlas now! I would do best with finishing in NY. I could go for Copenhagen, (Bergen?) Iceland, (been to Halifax/St. John ... will see what else), NYC? Perhaps on the earlier end of Westbound season. Late September.

The newest WBTA looks great. We did one, as a B2B several years ago, that went from Dover to Punta Delgada (worth only one time stop), then to Nova Scotia before ending in NYC. We are looking to do a B2B again with our British Isles cruise already booked and the Sept. WBTA to be booked next Tuesday at 5am (our west coast time)...hope to get the same room. All the sea days are filled with great events and games...lots of fun. We only had 200 kids on our earlier one, which makes it hard for an evening show with a magician to find three kids to do his act. Even Jack-Jack's Diaper Dash had to recruit a dad to run the final race...what a hoot (the baby won!). It will be our vacation from our first cruise, which is pretty port intensive.

I'm not very familiar with the European ports of call, but leave from Barcelona, have one or two Europe/Med stops, then cross the Atlantic, then St. Martin, San Juan, Castaway Cay, Port Canaveral. One day I'd love to do a transatlantic or Panama Canal trip

We’ve cruised WBTAs from Barcelona twice, Once to Miami and once to New York. The current Dover departures are a nice change. I’m okay with whatever ports are visited on the European end, but would prefer to sail back to Miami rather than New York, with a stop at Castaway Cay prior to arrival in Miami. That said, we are booked for the September 2021 EBTA Dover to NY, and it will be nice to visit Bermuda. We’ll be sailing a b2b with the 7-night British Isles cruise prior to the TA, so we don’t need a lot of ports on the TA portion.

I was very excited about last year's WBTA (2019). It was Dover, Portland U.K., Cobh Ireland, Sydney N.S., Halifax N.S., NY. I wish they would do the same itinerary again because we didn't get to go to Sydney or Halifax because we had to avoid a hurricane. We did get an extra day in New York. We also ended up with 6 sea days in a row. I love sea days, but 6 in a row ended up a bit much and I was happy to get off the ship for a bit finally in NY.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter