DREAM OCTOBER 14, 2012 4 Night Bahamas~If You Can DREAM it...

Hi everyone! I posted a few pages back, but haven't really introduced myself. I'm Melanie and will be cruising with my husband, Brent, and 13-year old daughter, Shelby. This is our first cruise and we are very excited. We booked a VGT room, so we should find out in the next few days which cabin we are assigned.

I've searched the thread, but seem to be missing any info on an actual meet other than the FE (we were too late to join in). Can anyone clue me in?

Also, for those of you who have teens, especially girls, will they be dressing up for pirate night?

Hello!!! Last year on pirate night there were some people dressed up. We went again with a pirate T-shirt for Dd who is 12. Many people seemed to go the T-shirt route and its easy to pack. If she wants to dress up go ahead, she will not be the only one on the ship!

Yum, I spent some time looking at the menus. I love this ship but I LOVE the food!!!! We put in our server request and will start packing over the weekend. I love this part of the planning, when its so close!!!!

Welcome again MelaBella! No DISmeet has been figured out for this cruise as of yet. Anyone is welcome to take that project over. I think there might be confusion with the facebook version of this cruise's meet which is getting together and meeting.

Usually FE meets within the DISmeet so nothing has been done yet. However FE can always have their own separate meet. Suggestions are welcome. :cheer2:

Could we combine the Dismeet and facebook meet? Not having facebook, I had no idea there was another meeting happening.

On another tangent, DH and I did a quick trip to Disneyland last night. I love seeing the park decked out for the holidays :) We especially had to go on the Nightmare before christmas version of the haunted mansion. Always amazing. They had a huge gingerbread haunted mansion in the ballroom scene complete with a strong gingerbread scent. Cant wait to see how WDW is decorated for halloween. 10 more days to go :cool1:

GOT OUR CRUISE DOCS TODAY!!! Love that. Still no stateroom number assigned though.

Update 7636, and the family traveling with us is in the connected 7634. Aft, starboard. I don't think we could have hoped for better.

Hi everyone! I posted a few pages back, but haven't really introduced myself. I'm Melanie and will be cruising with my husband, Brent, and 13-year old daughter, Shelby. This is our first cruise and we are very excited. We booked a VGT room, so we should find out in the next few days which cabin we are assigned.

I've searched the thread, but seem to be missing any info on an actual meet other than the FE (we were too late to join in). Can anyone clue me in?

Also, for those of you who have teens, especially girls, will they be dressing up for pirate night?

welcome Melanie. My entire family will be decked out for pirate night. Me(40) DD(20) DD(8) DD(2). I am hoping lots of people dress up.

Welcome new bride. How exciting to be getting married on DCL!

I finally got my cruise documents. So wierd, I called the travel agent, and then she sent them to my parents address not mine. Not even sure how she got that address. Anyways the travel agent told us we would have cabin 2040, and the paperwork she sent says room 2040. But my cruise documents from DCL say room 2028. I called DCL and she said the cruise documents are correct and we are actually in room 2028. Sorry FE particpants, another change to the document. That or the people in room 2040 will be pleasantly surprised with the goodies left ouside their door.

We are so excited about this upcoming trip, we are going to Atlanta for 2 days before, and then doing Discovery Cove and Sea world the 2 days after. Do other's have pre/post cruise plans? Anyone else doing Comfort inn and Suites in Nassau?

Could we combine the Dismeet and facebook meet? Not having facebook, I had no idea there was another meeting happening.

On another tangent, DH and I did a quick trip to Disneyland last night. I love seeing the park decked out for the holidays :) We especially had to go on the Nightmare before christmas version of the haunted mansion. Always amazing. They had a huge gingerbread haunted mansion in the ballroom scene complete with a strong gingerbread scent. Cant wait to see how WDW is decorated for halloween. 10 more days to go :cool1:

The Facebook page isn't related to the DIS at all but the sail date. I'm not even sure they have confirmed their meet from what I saw of the discussions. However it is quite possible.

Can I confess I'm jealous you got to see the Haunted Mansion decked out in the Nightmare Before Halloween garb? ( I say garb like it's fabric. lol).

Butterx3 said:
Welcome new bride. How exciting to be getting married on DCL!

I finally got my cruise documents. So wierd, I called the travel agent, and then she sent them to my parents address not mine. Not even sure how she got that address. Anyways the travel agent told us we would have cabin 2040, and the paperwork she sent says room 2040. But my cruise documents from DCL say room 2028. I called DCL and she said the cruise documents are correct and we are actually in room 2028. Sorry FE particpants, another change to the document. That or the people in room 2040 will be pleasantly surprised with the goodies left ouside their door.

We are so excited about this upcoming trip, we are going to Atlanta for 2 days before, and then doing Discovery Cove and Sea world the 2 days after. Do other's have pre/post cruise plans? Anyone else doing Comfort inn and Suites in Nassau?

I haven't booked it yet, but I plan to. Have you booked at the comfort suites before? Is the process of checking in and out easy?

SallySkelington said:
The Facebook page isn't related to the DIS at all but the sail date. I'm not even sure they have confirmed their meet from what I saw of the discussions. However it is quite possible.

Can I confess I'm jealous you got to see the Haunted Mansion decked out in the Nightmare Before Halloween garb? ( I say garb like it's fabric. lol).

I wish I could share the photos I took on my phone. Visiting Disneyland made me even more excited for our trip. Have you experienced the ride before?

I haven't booked it yet, but I plan to. Have you booked at the comfort suites before? Is the process of checking in and out easy?

I wish I could share the photos I took on my phone. Visiting Disneyland made me even more excited for our trip. Have you experienced the ride before?

No and I'm kinda sad that I haven't. I haven't been to Disneyland but I have been to Disney World when Halloween decorations have been up and I've ridden the Haunted Mansion. I love Halloween.. and Christmas. It's the perfect combination. :rotfl:

I did not receive email. Will you send to tarakoger at hotmail

Thanks

Sorry if I missed you before! I have sent it to your email and have added you to my FE contact list. :smickey:

Just wanted to say hello to all the fellow cruisers!

Just want to introduce myself! My name is Courtney, and I'm this particular cruise's one and only bride! I got engaged right in the Kodak spot in front of Cinderella Castle by all the pink rose bushes last June. I knew I was having some kind of Disney wedding so as I was scanning through Disney Fairytale Weddings options, I came across the most insane prices, starting at $45k and up. Until I saw the cruise option and fell in love with everything about it. I've always seen the cruise commercials as a kid and always wanted to go, and now that they had the wedding option there was no better reason to do it!

Courtney, what is your mom's name on here? trying to figure her out for FE?

Thanks

Guys I have a couple of major announcements to make for the FE participants.

1.) I have mistaken MeMouseOhio for the mother of the bride. She is NOT the mother of the bride. (If the mother of the bride would like to step forward please do. I meant no offense to any party). She also has another daughter at the age of two traveling with her party, her name is Elizabeth.

2.) I am about to send out both PM's to everyone on the list and emails (for those I have) and ask you to take a look before I print them out for the cruise. If you don't receive either PM or email by the end of the day let me know so I can follow up.

Very recently I have been dealing with a lot, and you all have stayed so patient with me. You guys have been the best, so thank you for that. :flower3:

Hey does anyone have any idea what movies will be playing when we go? My youngest wants to see "Finding Nemo" in 3D. But if it's playing on the ship, i would rather watch it at sea!

Butterx3 said:
Hey does anyone have any idea what movies will be playing when we go? My youngest wants to see "Finding Nemo" in 3D. But if it's playing on the ship, i would rather watch it at sea!

Not on the list several of us have gotten. It's car2 and brave in 3d

I was wondering if anyone from this cruise would mind holding on to their navigator and posting some photos of it? We will be cruising the next week, and although I've heard they change things weekly, I'd still love to see a recent one.

Thanks in advance!

I was wondering if anyone from this cruise would mind holding on to their navigator and posting some photos of it? We will be cruising the next week, and although I've heard they change things weekly, I'd still love to see a recent one.

Thanks in advance!

I will be happy to save our navigators and see if I can either scan them or just take pictures and pm them to you or post them. Do you have a meet thread?

Movies onboard will be:

Cars 2
Muppets
People Like Us
Odd Life of Timothy Green
Avengers
Brave (2d and 3d)
Frankenweenie.

Courtesy of Brian Wescott via Facebook. Thanks Brian!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter