Dream Deck 6 Mid-ship - Theater Noise?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by 2binak, Dec 6, 2018.

1. 2binak

2binak DVC Member

After 20+ years of vacationing at WDW, we're booking our first Disney Cruise!!!! We're looking at a room on the Dream, deck 6, mid-ship which looks like it is directly above the Buena Vista Theater. Will we hear noise from the theater while we're in our room?

2. Weedy

Weedy DIS Veteran

I always try and book cabins that aren’t below a restaurant or kitchen, the pools or above/below the theater or bars

2binak likes this.
  3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Let Dreams Unlimited Travel plan your perfect Disney vacation!

4. Cruising Engineer

Cruising Engineer DIS Veteran

Deck 5 is right above both the Walt Disney and Buena Vista Theaters. So if you are on deck 6, you have an entire deck between you and the sound.

5. 2binak

2binak DVC Member

The Disney website shows the Buena Vista Theater balcony seating on Deck 5. Is that not correct?

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships/deck-plans/

6. Rob1872

Rob1872 Mouseketeer

The main stage theater is on decks 3 and 4. The movie theater is on decks 4 and 5.

2binak likes this.
  7. 2binak

2binak DVC Member

Thank you for clarifying.

8. Cruising Engineer

Cruising Engineer DIS Veteran

You are correct. I've never been in the upper part of the Buena Vista. Actually didn't know it existed. Sorry for the misinformation.

2binak likes this.
  9. buzzrelly

buzzrelly DIS Veteran

We were directly above the movie theater on the Wonder last April. If the set up is the same as that, I would NOT book that room again. There was a lot of noise, thunder-like booming noise, from below us. Of course, the only time this really mattered was at night when we were trying to sleep but I still would choose a different room if I could. We booked that cruise kind of last minute so there was little to no availability left.

2binak likes this.
  10. Dug720

Dug720 DIS Veteran

It's not a "balcony" in the traditional sense of the word. Just the upper section of the one slope from top row of seats to front row of seats.

2binak likes this.
  11. 2binak

2binak DVC Member

No problem!

I really appreciate your feedback! I’m sorry you had to deal with that noise. That’s exactly the kind of noise I was concerned about.

buzzrelly likes this.
  12. MomOTwins

MomOTwins The Mommy Fairy

Looking at the deck plans, it looks like the theater is forward of the mid-ship elevators, so if you choose a room on deck 6 that is level with, or aft of, the elevators, you should be able to avoid any theater sounds.

One thing I should mention is that we stayed mid-ship on deck 6 and they do have a partially obstructed verandah view because of the lifeboats sticking out in front of your balcony. Others have said they don't notice it, but it did bother us when we were sitting on the balcony because they are bright yellow.

13. fredandkell

fredandkell Mouseketeer

Personally, I live by the maxim of never booking directly above or below a theater, bar, or restaurant.

14. 2binak

2binak DVC Member

Thanks for the input everyone! We ended up booking a room on deck 7. We’re so excited for our first cruise!!!!

15. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS veteran

Right. The entrance (back of seating area) from deck 4 enters partway up the seating area. There is also an entrance at the back of the upper seating area from deck 5
    buena vista theater dream 2014 1719a P1020827 Stitch 1500.jpg

Dug720 likes this.