• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dream a Little Dream With Me - 4/3 Final two posts!!!! Hope to see you real soon!

I just got done reading all 18 pages of your TR... great pics and great story telling Happy Dog! Sorry others have given you a hard time but I hope to read your TR from your trip in June too... how old are your boys? I hope that trip is as much fun in it's own way as this has been for you and your hubby!

I just thought that whole post was needless nastiness.
So I decided to answer back in HD's absence.:rolleyes1

I agree with CP. Well said!
I have enjoyed all of your trip reports and look forward to reading many more!

Awww, Thanks Jennifer! :hug: I don't know what to say -- I guess some people are not as friendly on the cruise boards??!! :rolleyes: No matter, I enjoy writing them, and I am not one to let people get under my skin!

I just got done reading all 18 pages of your TR... great pics and great story telling Happy Dog! Sorry others have given you a hard time but I hope to read your TR from your trip in June too... how old are your boys? I hope that trip is as much fun in it's own way as this has been for you and your hubby!

Hey there! HI and welcome! Thanks! :flower3: I don't let others bother me, I would rather spend my energy elsewhere! I didn't expect to create such a stir! My guys are 5 & 8 will be 6 & 9 when we head off this summer. It will be a great trip -- the Kids club is going to blow their mind!! Looks like you have your own great vacation coming up! How exciting! Which cruise?

I just thought that whole post was needless nastiness.
So I decided to answer back in HD's absence.:rolleyes1

My HERo :) THanks WigD. I guess the original post was removed? I don't see it, only your quote of it or part of it... regardless, that was apparently instigated on a totally different thread. I couldn't believe that someone was busy talking about my TR and my actions elsewhere! :sad2: I didn't know if I should be indignant or flattered. :laughing: The Mod closed it, though; probably a good thing, because there was definitely a bit of vitriol spewing around! whew.

ON to more exciting things, namely your vacation coming up in a MONTH! And your DREAM cruise!!!! :) We can't wait to check out Vero! You are going there, too, right? I got some info on an Aulani special, 3 nights $600.00... three nights would be WAY too short, but it got me thinking... :laughing:

We are also now looking at an October trip... hmmmm.... we'll see! :upsidedow

I have to get caught up on all my TRs and some sleep! Spring has sprung here, so I have lots to do with my yard!

Hey there! HI and welcome! Thanks! :flower3: I don't let others bother me, I would rather spend my energy elsewhere! I didn't expect to create such a stir! My guys are 5 & 8 will be 6 & 9 when we head off this summer. It will be a great trip -- the Kids club is going to blow their mind!! Looks like you have your own great vacation coming up! How exciting! Which cruise?

We are looking at December 18 4 night on the Dream so I am reading all I can on it. Your boys may let you have free time if they enjoy the kids club as much as I hear the Dream makes it that much better for each age group and they would be together it sounds like. That with a Wave phone call away would let you rest easy and enjoy some adult time on a family vacation :goodvibes

We are looking at December 18 4 night on the Dream so I am reading all I can on it. Your boys may let you have free time if they enjoy the kids club as much as I hear the Dream makes it that much better for each age group and they would be together it sounds like. That with a Wave phone call away would let you rest easy and enjoy some adult time on a family vacation :goodvibes

I do think they will enjoy the kids club for certain! Dec 18th, a holiday cruise! How fun! :goodvibes

That reminds me, Happydog! When you go on your Thanksgiving cruise this year, I need you to notice whether or not they have Christmas decorations up yet. ;)

Thanks for the great TR:thumbsup2 We have never cruised before but we plan on going on Jan 29/12 on Dream to the Bahamas. You mentioned that lots of people were swimming at the end of Feb. Would it be much different at the end of Jan? I don't really know about weather patterns down there.

Just read through the thread - Great trip report! I really enjoyed reading it! Looking forward to your next one. :goodvibes

That reminds me, Happydog! When you go on your Thanksgiving cruise this year, I need you to notice whether or not they have Christmas decorations up yet. ;)

REAlly??!! hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... why??!! :rolleyes1 Well, I suppose they will, maybe I can ask on the boards, hopefully no one will flay me alive :laughing:

Thanks for the great TR:thumbsup2 We have never cruised before but we plan on going on Jan 29/12 on Dream to the Bahamas. You mentioned that lots of people were swimming at the end of Feb. Would it be much different at the end of Jan? I don't really know about weather patterns down there.

Gee, I don't know?? :confused3 I think it has a lot to do with what Mother Nature says... if you look at the innaugural cruise threads, those who wrote TRs, maybe you can get a sense... seemed to me most people were not in the pools/water, but then again I would have to go back and confirm... We are not big cruisers necessarily but more recently have come to appreciate the fun that Disney cruises have, especially for a family.

Just read through the thread - Great trip report! I really enjoyed reading it! Looking forward to your next one. :goodvibes

Thank you! I enjoy writing them, I always have. I don't pretend to be an expert, I just share my experiences and have fun doing so! Head over to my PTR if you wish, already started gearing up for PreCruise fun :thumbsup2

Hey Jackie, are you planning Thanksgiving cruise????

I have a friend that sailed on the Wonder last Thanksgiving, I went back and looked at her pictures and the Christmas decorations were indeed up, on the ship and also on Castaway Cay :thumbsup2

I have a friend that sailed on the Wonder last Thanksgiving, I went back and looked at her pictures and the Christmas decorations were indeed up, on the ship and also on Castaway Cay :thumbsup2

That is the same message I got! SCORE!!!! :thumbsup2

NOW, we have to wait to see WHY Ms. Jackie was so interested... popcorn::

REAlly??!! hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... why??!! :rolleyes1 Well, I suppose they will, maybe I can ask on the boards, hopefully no one will flay me alive :laughing:

It can be dangerous over there. LOL!

Yeay! That's what I wanted to hear! :banana:

That is the same message I got! SCORE!!!! :thumbsup2

NOW, we have to wait to see WHY Ms. Jackie was so interested... popcorn::

I have my eye on one of the Thanksgiving cruises for next year. There is a three-night and a four-night the week we are off. I asked Charles which one he thought we should do, if we decide to do it, and he said the four-night. :laughing: We will see...you know it takes me forever to decide on trip plans. ;)

I have my eye on one of the Thanksgiving cruises for next year. There is a three-night and a four-night the week we are off. I asked Charles which one he thought we should do, if we decide to do it, and he said the four-night. :laughing: We will see...you know it takes me forever to decide on trip plans. ;)

Jackie:

We are looking at those cruises as well!!!! We had originally planned spring break but whew, those prices are outrageous! Not sure what we will do though. Can't wait to hear if you are going.

Erika

It can be dangerous over there. LOL!

Yeay! That's what I wanted to hear! :banana:

You would of course pick a cruise I would NOT be on!!! :laughing: BOOO, but I understand why, and you want to see the new boat, for certain -- so I say four night. I say that because truly the you don't get your "sea legs" in time on a 3 night, at least that is my opinion. I hope it comes together !!! :thumbsup2 PRESIDENT'S day week is always a good time too.... :rolleyes: But yes, I know how making plans take time and research! :surfweb:

Jackie:

We are looking at those cruises as well!!!! We had originally planned spring break but whew, those prices are outrageous! Not sure what we will do though. Can't wait to hear if you are going.

Erika

That would be a lot of fun!

You would of course pick a cruise I would NOT be on!!! :laughing: BOOO, but I understand why, and you want to see the new boat, for certain -- so I say four night. I say that because truly the you don't get your "sea legs" in time on a 3 night, at least that is my opinion. I hope it comes together !!! :thumbsup2 PRESIDENT'S day week is always a good time too.... :rolleyes: But yes, I know how making plans take time and research! :surfweb:

We just can't seem to coordinate our travel plans, can we? I would love to do that President's Day cruise since we will have two days off that week, but our county has a rule that you can't take days before or after a holiday. :sad2: I do have to tell you that I mentioned to Charles your summer plans for 2012, and when I started talking our own vacation plans he did say, "Don't you want to go down to Disney at the same time as Happydog?" :laughing: He knows me very well. :goodvibes

We just can't seem to coordinate our travel plans, can we? I would love to do that President's Day cruise since we will have two days off that week, but our county has a rule that you can't take days before or after a holiday. :sad2: I do have to tell you that I mentioned to Charles your summer plans for 2012, and when I started talking our own vacation plans he did say, "Don't you want to go down to Disney at the same time as Happydog?" :laughing: He knows me very well. :goodvibes

Well, it will have to be a date, then :goodvibes You know the uber planner we are!! I will make sure you know those dates as soon as we do!! I remember you saying that about the rules in your county -- we don't have that strict enforcement in MD, they say that is the rule, not to have that many teachers out, but historically I don't know a teacher whose ever been denied their time. They just have to speak with their supervisors, etc. I am rooting for you either way! Whatever you get to do!! And we'll keep plotting! YAY Charles!! :thumbsup2

Thank you so much for such a detailed TR! I love the pictures... It helps me imagine my family in those same spots this summer! Can't wait!
Thanks for all the tips and info too! :) We plan on booking another family cruise while on board, but after reading this, I may consider talking my husband into booking a cruise for just the two of us also! Sounds like you had a blast! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter