• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dream a Little Dream With Me - 4/3 Final two posts!!!! Hope to see you real soon!

I have to go back and catch up. Work has been so busy!
Wow! Three Disney cruises in the near future sounds just perfect. :cloud9:
I read this morning that there is suppose to be a press conference in NYC today to announce 2012 itineraries. Apparently, DCL may have some NYC sailings. If the dates work out, guess who is ready to book....:rolleyes1

just diving into your TR....we are on the dream in about six weeks! looking forward to reading!

You should be ashamed of yourself. It's inconsiderate, self-entitled people like you that ruin the cruising experience for everyone else.

First off, I'll say WOW!!!

Next is a question, have you cruised already or when do you cruise?

I'm sorry, I don't understand your comment. Is it wrong of me to be upset if someone willfully breaks rules that are posted in writing?

I'll explain my comment more simply....

WOW!!! I can't believe you came over here and flamed our Happydog.

She was doing an honest cruise report.
This is tell folks the way it is on a cruise.
IF you want to get a lounge chair this is what you need to do, or take your chances and see what you get.
Sorry if you don't agree, but all the same it's going to happen and if you are a first time cruiser here's the information, you are better informed.

You came over here and called her names.
She is a friend of mine and I take it personally.

I also went back and pulled other threads you have been involved in.
Not a very positive background.
Again WOW. (not a positive wow)....

The wondering about the cruise?
If you are on ours, I hope your attitude gets to be more Disney-like if I happen to run into you, even though it seems you think most of us may be a bit over the top with our Disney-ness.
I tend not to be the Disney nazi with the rules and leave that up to the cast members who will for the most part not reprimand the guests. I realize that for many it's a once in a life time experience and let them try to enjoy it all to the max. For me I'm there a lot. There is always a next time....

I don't want to start a debate, but he is right. Not putting it very nicely, but still he is right. You are NOT allowed to save seats like that. There is a thread about this. Probably more than one, as I read about this prior to our cruise too.
Basically the CMs can/and do come around and will clear saved seats now, so don't leave anything valuable on them. They cleared my Castaway Cay chair in the afternoon. I only had towels and our tube up against it. We were in a completely empty area and went off to play in the water jet and then Pelican Plunge. We came back to no towels on our chair. But the tube was still there, probably because they didn't want to haul it back. LOL!

I would just say, I don't recomend doing what Happydog did. She was telling it just as she did it. But she also went very early. Probably not the best idea to do it that way and not have others complain. AND I can't say I never break a rule either...(I took pictures at the shows..with no flash :scared1:), but again I don't recomend that either. :rolleyes1

I do know on our 3 night trip there never seemed to be a problem getting a chair. A lot of times most were pooliside when we went on deck. I would say the day at Sea would be the hardest day.

Honestly my problem with your post was your tone.
It was horrible.

I agree. My tone was horrible, juvenile and utterly uncalled for. For that, I humbly offer my sincere apologies.

There's very few things in this life that actually upset me. Unfortunately, people who pick and choose which rules to follow based on whether or not it's convenient for them is one of my hot buttons (perhaps due to my military upbringing?). This tends to stir a fairly intense emotional response in me, and I often react without thinking.

I stand by the sentiment and content of my comments, but again, I sincerely apologize for the immature way in which they were delivered. I'm not trying to spoil anyone's fun; I just want to make sure everyone plays by the same rules and that no one gets away with a "some animals are more equal than others" attitude.

I don't want to start a debate, but he is right. Not putting it very nicely, but still he is right. You are NOT allowed to save seats like that. There is a thread about this. Probably more than one, as I read about this prior to our cruise too.
Basically the CMs can/and do come around and will clear saved seats now, so don't leave anything valuable on them. They cleared my Castaway Cay chair in the afternoon. I only had towels and our tube up against it. We were in a completely empty area and went off to play in the water jet and then Pelican Plunge. We came back to no towels on our chair. But the tube was still there, probably because they didn't want to haul it back. LOL!

I would just say, I don't recomend doing what Happydog did. She was telling it just as she did it. But she also went very early. Probably not the best idea to do it that way and not have others complain. AND I can't say I never break a rule either...(I took pictures at the shows..with no flash :scared1:), but again I don't recomend that either. :rolleyes1

I do know on our 3 night trip there never seemed to be a problem getting a chair. A lot of times most were pooliside when we went on deck. I would say the day at Sea would be the hardest day.

You are allowed to take photos at the shows, Just not allowed to use a flash :thumbsup2 The rule is "No Flash Photography or video recording".

Happydog, I'm enjoying your trip report. I can't wait to experience all this for myself in Sept. which just can't come soon enough!! Your's is the first photo I've seen of the sail away party showing the pool area COVERED so people can stand front and centre. Thanks for posting that as I was hoping they would start doing that (they hadn't been the first several cruises) :thumbsup2

You are allowed to take photos at the shows, Just not allowed to use a flash :thumbsup2 The rule is "No Flash Photography or video recording".

Happydog, I'm enjoying your trip report. I can't wait to experience all this for myself in Sept. which just can't come soon enough!! Your's is the first photo I've seen of the sail away party showing the pool area COVERED so people can stand front and centre. Thanks for posting that as I was hoping they would start doing that (they hadn't been the first several cruises) :thumbsup2

You know, I wasn't sure. An announcement would come on and say no flash photography but then the CM would come out and say put all cameras away. I still took them and tried to keep the camera close to my body so the screen wouldn't bother others.

I will add that we didn't have our sail away party out on deck because of rain, but they did have the pools covered for all other events.

Finally made it through the entire trip report - thanks again for sharing so many details! We are a little over a month away from our Dream experience.

One question I had (and I apologize if it has already been addressed)...how much were the spa passes and were they for one visit or unlimited during the cruise?

Thank you for writing your trip report! I loved reading about it!!! :goodvibes

I would love to stay in a magical porthole room, especially after seeing your pics!

I look forward to reading about your next trip too!
:thumbsup2

Trying to finally get caught up on the end of your cruise, but can't see any pics. Sorry to see that things got a little unfriendly here on the DIS. It's so uncool!

OOPS! Gee. So sorry that I missed all this!!! I was away on vacation... :rolleyes:

WigD and others, thanks for the props! :goodvibes And regarding my TR, well, it is my TR, and I guess I could have omitted the fact that we set up a few seats for ourselves, but if I did that, I couldn't have thanked the person who covered my books from the rain! And, I guess I could use my TR to berate all the very "un-disney" like behavior and actions that I saw whilst on this cruise (and I saw a LOT), but again I don't really use my TRs for anything other than storytelling and sharing... harping on others ruins the experience for me... What other people do and don't do is up to them. I would just prefer that others not judge my actions on my TR, as it does take some of the fun out of it, if you know what I mean... :thumbsup2

As I analyze the concern, though, I would also suggest that the adult area really isn't the premium spot on the ship... that is, there were always deck chairs available in the adult areas... this was NOT the case in the kid pool/family pool areas; and sorry to say, but as crowded as they were, there were lots of seats with "things" on them and no one there... I didn't assume that people were "saving" seats... after all if you are not sitting in the chair, does that mean you are "saving" it? :confused3 It could be someone was in line for lunch, or in the bathroom, etc... I fully admit that was not the case with us, but, afterall, whose to say we know the story in each case when we spy seats with "items" on them... I would tell myself I was jumping to conclusions.

AT anyrate, because it really isn't a topic I want to dwell on, I am sure everyone who is familiar with my TRs knows that I just like to share what I experience... chosing ones actions is ultimately a personal decision, and I am comfortable with mine. I don't really put my actions in the same league as someone who steals knives from Animator's Palate, but if you feel all rules are to be followed, period, and anyone who breaks one is doing something entirely egregious, then perhaps you might feel that way about me.
Anyway, I hope anyone who read this TR found it entertaining and helpful. As always I have fun writing them. And with that, I am going to BED!!!!! This jet lag is killing me!!!!! LOL! :wave:

Finally made it through the entire trip report - thanks again for sharing so many details! We are a little over a month away from our Dream experience.

One question I had (and I apologize if it has already been addressed)...how much were the spa passes and were they for one visit or unlimited during the cruise?

Hiya! $15.00 a person, I think they were... and they do have "multi-use" passes.... Not sure how much they were....

Hiya! $15.00 a person, I think they were... and they do have "multi-use" passes.... Not sure how much they were....

Thanks again! That sounds like a great deal if you can use it for as long as you want on that one visit.

Great trip report.!! Happy planning the next 2...

THANK you!! I enjoyed writing it. :goodvibes

I have to go back and catch up. Work has been so busy!
Wow! Three Disney cruises in the near future sounds just perfect. :cloud9:
I read this morning that there is suppose to be a press conference in NYC today to announce 2012 itineraries. Apparently, DCL may have some NYC sailings. If the dates work out, guess who is ready to book....:rolleyes1

I didn't get to respond to your post earlier, but YES, those NYC cruises are GREAT! No airfare? Not sure if that is more economical since it is a longer cruise and the cruise costs more, but heck, no airplane, more Disney, why not??!! I liked that Canadian itinerary! Nice. :thumbsup2

just diving into your TR....we are on the dream in about six weeks! looking forward to reading!

Well I hope you enjoy your cruise! I know we are looking forward to the next one! Welcome, and thanks for coming over to read! :goodvibes

Oh how exciting for you! I bet Sept will be a nice time. I hadn't realized they were NOT covering the pool before! That would be dangerous not having it closed I would think, but certainly the space is needed for those who want to watch and participate in the action... we enjoyed watching from the top! The sail away party is so festive!

Thank you for writing your trip report! I loved reading about it!!! :goodvibes

I would love to stay in a magical porthole room, especially after seeing your pics!

I look forward to reading about your next trip too!
:thumbsup2

Thanks! I just like to write them and hope others enjoy reading them, too. :)

The virtual porthole is lots of fun!

The PTR is already started, if you want to check it out! Link below. :thumbsup2

Trying to finally get caught up on the end of your cruise, but can't see any pics. Sorry to see that things got a little unfriendly here on the DIS. It's so uncool!

Boo! I know! :rolleyes: Oh well, no big deal... WigD came to my rescue!

Nicely said, Happydog!!! :thumbsup2

Well, I didn't want to make a big deal out of something that wasn't worth making a big deal about; that wouldn't be very magical, either.

I agree with CP. Well said!
I have enjoyed all of your trip reports and look forward to reading many more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter