Dream a Little Dream Feb 2/6/11 Finished 3/4/11

loving your report~ so lucky you get to cruise so much! This will be our first one next February on the Dream!

I did the Atlantis aquarium before. But we did it on our onw, and no one was even in there. It's really pretty there....and BTW, I DO beleive there was an Atlantis...as many people do. Too many cultures have stories of it...but I don't think I beleive the crystal part..... :rotfl:
I hear Renm food is fabulous, but seeing pictures....so far I can't identify any of the food, so I don't think it's for us. :goodvibes But I have no desire to try Palo either...unless it is given to me free.:thumbsup2
So where are these effy places? What kind of necklaces were they ? I'm all about finding free stuff at ports.

We skipped breakfast since we were having Palo brunch and we actually slept in. It was very very nice.

Palo Brunch was awesome. I definitely think this was our best dining experience the whole cruise. I just loved all the selections and our waiter was awesome.

Picture755.jpg

View from our table.

Picture759.jpg

Dessert table. The waiter walked us around the restaurant and showed us the buffet and dessert table before sitting us down again. That was different and I am pretty sure I was just like "give me a plate already, I'm starving" ;-).

Picture760.jpg

Picture763.jpg

breakfast items which I completely skipped.

Picture764.jpg

Cheese selection.

Picture765.jpg

Bread selection.

Picture766.jpg

Seafood selection. I just realized my pictures suck. This is what happens when I try to juggle a plate and take pictures at the same time.

Picture767.jpg

More seafood selection.

Picture768.jpg

Picture769.jpg

Picture770.jpg

Picture772.jpg

My first plate. Everything was great but the caviar was delicious. I went back twice more for more caviar.

Picture773.jpg

DH's plate.

Picture774.jpg

My second plate ;-).

Picture776.jpg

Apparently the buffett is just the appetizer. The waiter also had us choose some selections from the kitchen. I picked Egg's Benedict.

Picture777.jpg

DH picked strawberry soup. He liked it alot.

Picture779.jpg

I then ordered Chicken parmesan. It was the delicious too.

Picture780.jpg

DH had oysters rockerfeller.

Picture782.jpg

We absolutely loved the brunch!!!

During brunch, the waiter mentioned high tea. I was like what is that and sign us up. Our waiter said no problem, talked to the manager, and told us to come back at 3pm for high tea.

After brunch, we dragged ourselves back to our room to find our FE full of gifts. Cool but bittersweet because I knew that would be our last gifts and the cruise was almost over.

Picture784.jpg

Picture799.jpg

Exploring the ship before high tea. This is an interactive portrait game, very very cool. The portrait shows pirate ships out to sea and you have to steer the ship with the actual ship wheel.

Picture800.jpg

High Tea Menu.

Picture802.jpg

Picture803.jpg

Picture807.jpg

Picture808.jpg

Picture809.jpg

Picture810.jpg

Picture811.jpg

High Tea was very nice but we were still stuffed from brunch so I don't know if we enjoyed it as much as we normally would have.

Picture814.jpg

Picture821.jpg

Playing the mouse detective game.

I want to do the brunch and high tea on our double dip cruise in July...I am so worried that both will be full before it's time for me to book! Thanks for the pics...looks yummy!

Picture822.jpg

Hidden Mickey.

Picture841.jpg

Final Disney show...can't remember the name now but it was really really cute. About a father and a daughter learning the meaning of love, magic, and all things Disney.

Picture843.jpg

Dinner at the Enchanted Garden. Some green bean thing that I didn't try.

Picture844.jpg

Picture846.jpg

Picture849.jpg

Picture850.jpg

Picture851.jpg

Picture852.jpg

Picture855.jpg

Picture857.jpg

Dinner was nice, conversation with our tablemates were very entertaining, and the waiter was cool as usual.

Picture861.jpg

After dinner we came back to this...a bat maybe. It went straight to the closet because frankly it scared me. :scared1:

In the morning, we had breakfast in the Enchanted Garden. No buffet this time. We took our time eating breakfast and then headed off the ship to the crazy line that was customs. It was a long line but actually wasn't more then a ten minute wait. Funny moment, when loading our four bags the porter asked how many people were in our group and I was like two and he was like :eek:. I was like what are you saying four bags for two people is too much. :lmao:

We took Magical Express back to Walt Disney World. *Sigh* Big mistake. We had to wait until the bus was fully loaded before we left, which took at least 30 minutes. We would have been long gone if we would have went with limo service again. Plus the father behind me thought it was amusing that he kept passing gas...I didn't find it amusing at all.

The bus dropped us off at Port Orleans Riverside. First time staying there...not impressed at first. Again we couldn't find anyone to help us with our bags. No porters when we got off the bus. After checking in, we requested a porter and the cast member was like sure no problem just wait right there. After ten minutes we were done waiting and dragged our suitcases to our room...our very crappy room.

Picture874.jpg

I just wasn't liking the rustic feel, felt like a very bad Best Western too me. We asked for king size bed so they gave us a handicap room. The bathroom was terrible and no soap. I called the front desk and asked if all king size beds were in handicap rooms and she was like no. And then I was like does handicap rooms not get soap and she was like no we will send some right up. (six hours later after touring the parks we still didn't have soap.) Yeah I was crabby at that point from spending three hours on Magical Express ride that should have only been 1.5 hours, dragging our suitcases thru the maze that is Port Orleans in the rain, and then coming to a less then comforting room.

We decided to go to Magic Kingdom because that always cheers us up. Look what was open for the first time we have seen.

Picture882.jpg

Picture883.jpg

Picture884.jpg

The food perked us right up and we spent the rest of the day enjoying Magic Kingdom.

So later that night we come back to our room and it still sucked. I call the front desk and asked about changing rooms. The lady was actually very sweet and apologized for the room and said a porter was on his way with new key cards for us and would show us to our new room.

Five minutes later the nicest porter ever arrived at our door and helped us move to a new room, in a golf cart no less which is very important in New Orleans because the place is huge, lots of winding paths.

Picture894.jpg

We loved this room, much brighter and the bathroom was sparkling clean.

Picture895.jpg

Picture896.jpg

Picture901.jpg

View from our room. We actually thought about swimming for like 5 seconds but it was cold (and rainy) and cold.

The next morning we took Magical Express to the airport and were home in no time. We flew home on a Friday, which a lot of my co-workers were like why didn't you just stay in Florida till Sunday. We actually loved the two days to recover from vacation before going back to work. Plenty of time to unpack, do laundry, and hug all of our animals a billion times.

So we had an awesome time on the cruise. Our next cruise is the Fantasy Inaugural Cruise, or I should say was our next cruise.:wizard: March 2012 is just too far away. So DH went crazy with research the week we got back and booked a cruise for my birthday. We are now doing the Wonder Repositioning cruise in September. It is a five day cruise. :cheer2:

Thank you everyone for reading my trip report. I have enjoyed sharing!!!

I did the Atlantis aquarium before. But we did it on our onw, and no one was even in there. It's really pretty there....and BTW, I DO beleive there was an Atlantis...as many people do. Too many cultures have stories of it...but I don't think I beleive the crystal part..... :rotfl:
I hear Renm food is fabulous, but seeing pictures....so far I can't identify any of the food, so I don't think it's for us. :goodvibes But I have no desire to try Palo either...unless it is given to me free.:thumbsup2
So where are these effy places? What kind of necklaces were they ? I'm all about finding free stuff at ports.

Effy is one of the jewelry stores on the main street in Nassau. Nassau has lots of jewelry stores. The necklaces were a simple stone pendant, I don't remember the stone names at the moment but I think one was a topaz. Make sure you go to the Nassau shopping talk the first day of the cruise and you will learn about all the shops and all the free stuff you can get.

Great TR! DH2b and I may do the high tea now that I have seen photos :goodvibes It all depends on how much we have left after paying for the wedding! :rotfl2:

I thought the bat (or whatever it's supposed to be) was cute! But I am a lover of all animals :lovestruc

Cannot wait to hear about your next cruise in September...yet another TR to read before ours! Very excited :upsidedow

Great TR! DH2b and I may do the high tea now that I have seen photos :goodvibes It all depends on how much we have left after paying for the wedding! :rotfl2:

I thought the bat (or whatever it's supposed to be) was cute! But I am a lover of all animals :lovestruc

Cannot wait to hear about your next cruise in September...yet another TR to read before ours! Very excited :upsidedow

I think High Tea was $10 each so totally affordable.

I love most animals. I just don't like objects swaying near the bed when I get up in the middle of the night half asleep scaring me to death. :scared1 Our room steward was great, I loved all the little touches he added to our room everyday.

Wonderful wrap up. I was surprised to hear that about Port Orleans. Everyone usually raves about it. But your first room did look not so great compared to t he second room.
Yay for a new one booked. Where is the Wonder repositioning?

Wonderful wrap up. I was surprised to hear that about Port Orleans. Everyone usually raves about it. But your first room did look not so great compared to t he second room.
Yay for a new one booked. Where is the Wonder repositioning?

Port Orleans did come make up for our bad first impression so we would stay again if we found a great room discount. We just would be more specific on what section of the rooms we want. We have stayed at several deluxes, moderates, and one value and have come to the conclusion that we really do like Pop Century. So unless we do another relaxing trip where we spend a lot of time at the hotel, we will be revisiting Pop Century.

The repositioning cruise is a 5 night cruise from Vancouver to Los Angeles. We will visit Victoria Canada, Ensenada Mexico, and then arrive in LA. We will have 2 sea days.

Thanks for the great trip report. Great job, our personalities seem pretty simular so the way you handeled and explained some things I totally got! :lmao:

We are thinking of taking a first cruise on the Dream next Feb.

Thanks for the great trip report. Great job, our personalities seem pretty simular so the way you handeled and explained some things I totally got! :lmao:

We are thinking of taking a first cruise on the Dream next Feb.

I am glad you enjoyed my trip report. Cruising can be very addicting. The Dream is beautiful and I highly recommend it!

Love the pictures of the food! I am now starving!!! I have already notified customs that you illegally removed shells from the Bahamas. They should be knocking on your door any day now. pirate:

Love the pictures of the food! I am now starving!!! I have already notified customs that you illegally removed shells from the Bahamas. They should be knocking on your door any day now. pirate:

Be nice or I won't help you smuggle shells when we cruise together in a couple of years.:laughing:

I have searched high and low for pictures of 6188! I was starting to worry I had book the super tiny veranda with no room for chairs just the bench! Thank you!

PATTERSON PARTY OF 3 said:
I have searched high and low for pictures of 6188! I was starting to worry I had book the super tiny veranda with no room for chairs just the bench! Thank you!

I just logged in and the first thing I see is PATTERSON PARTY OF 3!!! I got nervous! We are also a PATTERSON party of 3 LOL

FIREFIGHTERMICKEY said:
I just logged in and the first thing I see is PATTERSON PARTY OF 3!!! I got nervous! We are also a PATTERSON party of 3 LOL

Lol! Nice to know we have a firefighter in the family! Lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter