dream 2011 vs dream 2012

minniestheone

Mouseketeer
Just looking at the prices for the Fantasy June 2012 cruises and saw they are only $70 more than what we paid for our Dream June 2011 cruise! Then I looked at the price for the same week in June 2012 on the Dream that we are booked for in 2011 and the price is close to $1000 cheaper? What's up?

one's a 5 and the other is a 7. I am amazed at the reduction in the dream 5 day from 2011 to 2012. It is our 25th wedding anniversary in 2011 so we want to go then but saving close to $2000-I have two rooms booked-is making us re-think it. Also, we are DVC members and are unable to use our points on the 2011. $2000 is just a lot of money!!

Just looking at the prices for the Fantasy June 2012 cruises and saw they are only $70 more than what we paid for our Dream June 2011 cruise! Then I looked at the price for the same week in June 2012 on the Dream that we are booked for in 2011 and the price is close to $1000 cheaper? What's up?
Which cruise are you comparing? We're booked on the Dream in June of 2011 as well and it looks like the 2012 prices are about the same as what we paid. How early did you make your 2011 reservation?

I made our reservations for the mid june 2011 in july of this year. I have two verandah rooms. The same exact category for the same week in 2012 is over $900 cheaper per room. Maybe the 2012 cruise is so much cheaper because it can be booked this far out.

I made our reservations for the mid june 2011 in july of this year. I have two verandah rooms. The same exact category for the same week in 2012 is over $900 cheaper per room. Maybe the 2012 cruise is so much cheaper because it can be booked this far out.
Interesting. June does fill up fairly quickly as that is the month when most schools let out of the summer so comparing a booking made 11 months in advance with one 20 months in advance could explain at least some of the difference. Also, the dates don't line up perfectly so if the 2011 date is earlier in the month, even by just a few days, that could make a difference as well.

If I try to get close to the June 7th 2011 cruise we booked early this year, the prices are almost exactly the same for two connecting inside rooms.

I don't get the pricing either.
We are booked on Dream MV and saw Fantasy MV for the same category for less than 1k more. Considering that's a 4 vs. 7 days I would've gone on Fantasy instead of Dream.
Oh well...

The 2012 prices are MUCH cheaper! I'm booked for July 2011 on the Dream and June 2012 on the Fantasy. My 2012 trip is only $549 more. Amazing, since that cruise is 2 extra nights AND we are going from a Cat. 8D to a 6B!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter