Drama Queens in Disney - A Theatrical Journey with SOOZE and Friends! Update 5/6

It was time to dump the boys and head on out into Seuss Landing for some all-girl fun! Shae and Addy were ecstatic about the potential of this situation!
P1070979.jpg

P1070980.jpg

Just look how happy they are to be together!
P1070981.jpg

Here we are on Dumbo… uh, I mean Triceratops Spin… wait, no… Flying Carpets of Alad…Ugh… Some ride…
P1070986.jpg

We spent TONS of times in gift shops… what ladies do best, you know! And look who we found just hanging out in a shop. Seriously! He was just sitting there with NO ONE. We spent tons of time with him!
P1070988.jpg

P1070989.jpg

P1070990.jpg

Found this fabulous shirt! Kind of regretting not buying it!
adorkable.jpg

While we were milling around the shops, we stumbled on some cute little notebook/pen sets that said “Thing 1” and “Thing 2” on them. The girls begged for them until we couldn’t stand it any longer!! We finally gave in just as we were heading back to Hogsmeade to meet back up with the boys.
things.jpg

The entire walk back there, the girls just kept asking if they could take out their notebooks. I have never seen any kid so excited about a souvenir!!
Soon, we were back with the guys…. Who were DRIPPING, DRENCHED wet! This was pretty important because… well, let me tell you a little something about Guncle Bryan… he HATES HATES HATES getting wet. So we knew this was an unexpected situation. A situation also known as the Jurassic Park ride. So how do we console a soaking wet, whiny best friend? We buy Butterbeer, of course!!
butterbeerB.jpg

P1070993.jpg

Froth-stache!
P1070994.jpg

I have heard lots of mixed reviews on this stuff, but I am a BIG BIG fan! I love butterscotch and super sweetness, and, what the heck, froth too! And since Butterbeer is the perfect combination of those three things, I instantly fell in love. (We did NOT get the frozen kind, just FYI.)
Tyson did too!
P1070992.jpg

At this point, we did some creative separating. The girls were still begging to open their new notepads, the boys were begging to ride the Dragon Coaster again. And the adults were dying to just go SHOPPING!! So I sent Bryan, Jessica, and Tom off to shop. I stayed in a comfy spot while the girls sat and drew in their notebooks. And the boys went on the Dragon Coaster again… and again… and again… and again… each time, checking in with me to see if it was okay to have another go. Everyone was in their happy place!
Hobosafterrollercoasterfest.jpg

P1070996.jpg

They literally sat here for over an hour! As soon as Tom, Jessica, and Bryan returned, Bryan and I turned right around and headed back to the shops for MY shopping time! I had a mission… to buy a scarf and a shirt. And I am proud to say, that with temptation swirling around me, that is ALL I bought!
We caught a bit of the live entertainment:
HPentertainment.jpg

durmstrang.jpg

And Bryan and I even snuck another ride on the Dragon Coaster!
dragoncoasterbryands.jpg

We were all finally reunited and decided to catch a few more pictures.
Here are the ‘grown-ups’ in our silly shirts!
JSTBHPshirts.jpg

And the backs of the shirts:
hp2.jpg

And my FAVORITE picture showcasing our new amazing scarves:
JessandSoozeandscarves.jpg

At this point, we all admitted that we were beat! It was getting late, and we had wanted to eat dinner at DTD, so we decided to head back to Disney Property. We took the twenty mile hike back to the cab station and secured a van for us all to pile into. When we hit DTD, we decided to check out TRex. Unbelievably, they had a table ready immediately that could seat all 8 of us! But then… DOH!! We realized TRex doesn’t take the DDP. (Though I’ve heard a rumor that is changing!)
Anyway, we grabbed some sandwiches at Earl of Sandwich and sat in the freezing wind to eat. We gave our hugs and said our goodbyes, and got super excited about our Magic Kingdom day tomorrow!! Little did we know that Jessica’s stomach had other plans….
A few parting shots from Goofy’s Candy Company, where the kids and I stopped to get our usual pretzel rods before heading home and crashing in bed!
P1070998.jpg

P1080005.jpg

Sweet Dreams!
P1080001.jpg

Yay for updates! I love all the seuss stuff! When we did universal, we just did WWOHP, and then headed back to Disney after lunch! I want to go back and check it all out though, it looks awesome!!

Yay for updates is right!! Seuss is definitely worth seeing! Hope you get back!:wizard:

A good way to end a day shopping at Universal, then shopping and eating at DTD.

The Cat In the Hat pictures were fun, then thing 1 and thing 2.:goodvibes

Ah, poo.... I fly in on a Monday and we leave on a Thursday. :sad2: Gotta max out those DVC points!
Drat. But you know I know how critical it is to use those points wisely!:thumbsup2
So, will you ride it again?
I really don't know - I'd like to, but I've seriously never been so nauseous in my life!
Don't throw anything at me, but I don't think I even saw a cauldron cake. yikes... and I don't plan on going back anytime soon. What should I do?! :confused:
ACK!!! :scared1: It's okay though - look what I found! Cauldron Cakes Recipe.

Seriously, the theming in Seuss Landing was out-of-this world. If you are a fan of Seuss, you MUST check it out!
:thumbsup2 We weren't too thrilled with the rides, but totally agree - it was a blast just walking around in there!

I will not eat them in a Circus, I will not eat them on….
Purpose? ;)

You found Waldo!

Presentation1.png

That is AWESOME!
:lmao:

A good way to end a day shopping at Universal, then shopping and eating at DTD.

The Cat In the Hat pictures were fun, then thing 1 and thing 2.:goodvibes
And we were so glad we headed home early! We had an early start the next day. This IoA day actually pretty darn perfect!

You found Waldo!

Presentation1.png

That is AWESOME!

Oh, GB... I'm SO glad you're here!! I NEVER noticed that guy!!

(I always get stuck on this picture because Bryan's spell is actually misspelled... it's supposed to be Oppugno! Oh my, a misspelled spell :sad2:
)

Drat. But you know I know how critical it is to use those points wisely!:thumbsup2
::yes:: Truly!

I really don't know - I'd like to, but I've seriously never been so nauseous in my life!
I'm gonna take that as a 'no'! ;)

ACK!!! :scared1: It's okay though - look what I found! Cauldron Cakes Recipe.
You are awesome! And that web site is crazy !! I'm thinking I might need to host a Hogwarts party this summer!

:thumbsup2 We weren't too thrilled with the rides, but totally agree - it was a blast just walking around in there!
Rides... definitely NOT thrilling! But super cute atmosphere and visually pleasing for all!

It was a good thing we headed home early after our day at IoA, because we had a hot date with EMH at MK the next morning! We popped right out of bed and put on our schnazzy Halloween shirts that I made, and began the trek to the Magic Kingdom. While we were on the bus, however, the happiness and excitement was stifled. I got a text from Bryan that Jessica had been up all night with a sick stomach. Darn that TRex for not taking DDP!!!! Something she ate at Earl of Sandwich was NOT agreeing with her. It was so bad, that she was going to stay in bed for the morning while the rest of us tackled MK without her. We had planned on hitting MK for EMH, then heading over to our late breakfast ADR at Chef Mickey's. And Jessica had to miss it all. So sad…:sad2:

But we soldiered on like good little Disney fans and were all able to meet up in time for the rope drop celebration!
P1080009.jpg

After a day of being off-property, I felt whole again when the Main Mouse emerged!
P1080012.jpg

And in true drama queen fashion, when the song began to play, I just had to sing along! Click below to see a quick video of the festivities!

Soon we found ourselves on the brink of Main Street, with the freshness of a new day filling the air. The air was crisp, but full of promise that warmth was heading our way.
P1080015.jpg

P1080016.jpg

P1080017.jpg

So happy to be back where we belong!
MKmornign.jpg

This NEVER gets old!
P1080018.jpg

We stopped to grab some pictures in front of the castle and just felt all wrong with Jessica missing. Thankfully, we were able to grab some later, but here is what we came up with that morning she was still miserable and in bed.

Princesses!
P1080019.jpg

P1080020.jpg

Hobos!
P1080022.jpg

P1080021.jpg

Well, we tried…
P1080023.jpg

Next stop was Fantasyland, to max out those EMH! First stop was Peter Pan’s Flight, as we all know how quickly that line builds!
2PeterPansFlight.jpg

P1080024.jpg

The kids, well, heck… ALL of us enjoyed the flight.

Our next stop was Winnie the Pooh, but we HAD to stop at the Sword in the Stone first! Just check out the dramatics of these budding actors and actresses!
P1080025.jpg

P1080027.jpg

P1080030.jpg

P1080031.jpg

P1080033.jpg

We all decided to jump on this ride with not wait, since it won’t be around much longer.
P1080034.jpg

I’m going to have to go to another post for the Winnie the Pooh ride, because we took a bijillion pictures in the queue area! It was SO much fun with our crazy little group. I’ll be right back with more Fantasyland fun!

Did you notice the girls’ adorable headbands?! Jessica MADE them! When she got the hobo shirts for the boys, she decided the girls needed something too. So she just whipped those headbands up one day! So cute!!

We were off to experience the many adventures of Winnie the Pooh, and since we were rocking out EMH and there was no wait, we decided to spend some time in the queue. And by ‘some time’, I mean 20 minutes! Enjoy!

Bryan looking excited about the chaos!
P1080038.jpg

But as you can see here, he loved it!
P1080039.jpg

P1080040.jpg

PULL!!!!
P1080041.jpg

The blondies try it.
P1080043.jpg

About 10 minutes later, Bryan is saying “Can we GO now!?”
P1080044.jpg

Still having fun!
P1080045.jpg

We were able to pull the kids away with the lure of the HONEY WALL!
P1080046.jpg

Workin’ the honey
P1080047.jpg

My turn!
2HoneyWallSusie.jpg

Can we get ON this thing already!!
P1080049.jpg

Next stop, the carousel. Yes… ALL of us on the carousel (Well, minus Jessica.. boo).
P1080051.jpg

P1080052.jpg

2Soozeoncarousel.jpg

I LOVE this picture!!
2SusieBryancarousel.jpg

After some slow spinning, we decided we had time for one more ride before heading over to Chef Mickey’s. How about some FAST spinning!?!
P1080054.jpg

Tom decided to sit this out. So we quickly picked our riding partners. Can you guess how it went?!

Yep, girls in one cup
P1080058.jpg

Hobos in another cup
P1080059.jpg

And, SURPRISE! I got to ride with Bryan!
2SusieBryanteacups.jpg

We took pictures of us taking pictures!
P1080060.jpg

2SusieTeacups.jpg

Thankfully, we are BOTH willing to get our spin on!!
P1080061.jpg

P1080062.jpg

Self-spinning picture:
P1080063.jpg

2SoozeTeacups.jpg

What a fabulous ride! Tom was impressed with our ability to spin ourselves silly and then walk in a straight line to the exit! And now… off to Chef Mickey’s and on to Bryan’s very first monorail ride!!!

Great updates! So cool that Waldo made an appearance at IoA while you were there, and I'm impressed with the Potter recipes that PrincessV found. Heck, the butterbeer recipe in her link calls for butterscotch schnapps and cream soda. Are you kidding me? With butterscotch schnapps, that's worth a try! :thumbsup2

Aw, sorry that Jessica missed the MK morning. :sad1:

Love the picture of you and Bryan and Tom in front of the castle!

Great updates! So cool that Waldo made an appearance at IoA while you were there, and I'm impressed with the Potter recipes that PrincessV found. Heck, the butterbeer recipe in her link calls for butterscotch schnapps and cream soda. Are you kidding me? With butterscotch schnapps, that's worth a try! :thumbsup2
Thinking of buying those supplies tonight and making a batch for myself!! Sounds delish!

Aw, sorry that Jessica missed the MK morning. :sad1:
I know... I felt SOOOO bad for her.

Love the picture of you and Bryan and Tom in front of the castle!
Thanks! We were trying to be silly. Did it work?

Sorry Jessica missed the fun, but the rest of you really made the EMH count. I love the teacups, but my husband does not like to spin fast, so I am looking forward to my Jan. trip with nieces and nephews that like to spin fast. The last time we did Winnie the Pooh we FP so missed the line. Next time I will need to take my time and check out the new additions.

Sorry Jessica missed the fun, but the rest of you really made the EMH count. I love the teacups, but my husband does not like to spin fast, so I am looking forward to my Jan. trip with nieces and nephews that like to spin fast.
I'm so glad spinning doesn't bother me! It is so much fun! Hope you get to make yourself super dizzy!!

The last time we did Winnie the Pooh we FP so missed the line. Next time I will need to take my time and check out the new additions.

I highly recommend doing so during AM EMH! That way, you don't feel like you're losing valuable 'standing in line' time!:thumbsup2

What a fun trip report. :goodvibes Very interesting insights on Universal and Wwohp. Looks like some of us disney people need to venture off the wonderful world of Disney. I too would love to stay at AKL, but would have to have a car. I really don't like staying anywhere on property without one. Even staying at BLT I was happy to have it on a busy park hopping day. :) The girls and the Hobos are so cute, it must have been so much fun to go with such a fun group. And another trip coming up soon? Love all the drama photos too.......

Sorry to hear that Jessica got sick. That would be horrible while on vacation. Hope she gets better later on and can join you guys.

Wow, what a great MK EMH! Love your pictures.

Can't wait to read more.

We were off to experience the many adventures of Winnie the Pooh, and since we were rocking out EMH and there was no wait, we decided to spend some time in the queue. And by ‘some time’, I mean 20 minutes!
:rotfl: It's easy to spend some time in that one, isn't it?!

And now… off to Chef Mickey’s and on to Bryan’s very first monorail ride!!!
His what?!?! :faint: Gosh, it's just sort of amazing to think there are still people in the world who haven't been on a WDW monorail!

Heck, the butterbeer recipe in her link calls for butterscotch schnapps and cream soda. Are you kidding me? With butterscotch schnapps, that's worth a try! :thumbsup2
Have you tried it yet? I found a recipe just after WWOHP opened for non-alcoholic Butterbeer that came eerily close to the real thing... and lost the link. :headache: It involved butterscotch syrup, cream soda and actual melted butter, but that's all I remember of it.

We took pictures of us taking pictures!
P1080060.jpg

Apparently the lady in the cup just behind his left shoulder (our right) didn't quite grasp the concept. :rotfl2:

It always sucks to be sick. I can't imaging being that sick at Disney. Hope she got better quickly.

What a fun trip report. :goodvibes Very interesting insights on Universal and Wwohp. Looks like some of us disney people need to venture off the wonderful world of Disney. I too would love to stay at AKL, but would have to have a car. I really don't like staying anywhere on property without one. Even staying at BLT I was happy to have it on a busy park hopping day. :) The girls and the Hobos are so cute, it must have been so much fun to go with such a fun group. And another trip coming up soon? Love all the drama photos too.......
I agree, trips with cars just seem to move more smoothly. I don't mind the buses, but I definitely feel like we waste more time having to wait for them.

As soon as this report is over, I need to do the Christmas/New Year report including our first ever cruise!! And then, yes, another trip for just Matt and me coming up in a few short weeks. We are so blessed!!

Sorry to hear that Jessica got sick. That would be horrible while on vacation. Hope she gets better later on and can join you guys.

Wow, what a great MK EMH! Love your pictures.

Can't wait to read more.

I felt SO bad for her... they don't have the luxury of coming to WDW several time a year like we do, so I felt extra bad that she lost precious time. Thankfully, it DID pass, and you will see her return before the day is over!

Morning EMH at MK are THE BEST!!! I have NEVER had a bad experience with them. SO worth rolling out of bed early for!

:rotfl: It's easy to spend some time in that one, isn't it?!
Especially when there is no line, and you don't feel guilty about 'wasting time' playing!

His what?!?! :faint: Gosh, it's just sort of amazing to think there are still people in the world who haven't been on a WDW monorail!
I know, right?!! Crazy!

Have you tried it yet? I found a recipe just after WWOHP opened for non-alcoholic Butterbeer that came eerily close to the real thing... and lost the link. :headache: It involved butterscotch syrup, cream soda and actual melted butter, but that's all I remember of it.
No.... not yet... I had good intentions but, as usual, they fell through!
Apparently the lady in the cup just behind his left shoulder (our right) didn't quite grasp the concept. :rotfl2:

:lmao: She actually looks appalled!

It always sucks to be sick. I can't imaging being that sick at Disney. Hope she got better quickly.
It was terrible for her. I can't imagine, either.... I hope I never find out!

Oh my goodness! I adore the new updates! That suuucks that Jessica got food poisoning!! I hope it cleared up rather soon! It looks like you guys had such a great morning, I have to say, having that sense of theatrical-ness makes for such great pictures!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter