• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dr. Jones and the Spitting Camel - Link to Alaska Cruise TR 9/18

Hi everyone! Hoping to do some catching up this weekend but just wanted to say HI! Back from our Flower and Garden girls trip, we had a blast and a LOT of laughs. And as Jennifer so aptly put it on FB...Happy HOURS.

:rotfl:

I do like the one day back and work and then it's the weekend factor.

WELCOME HOME, Cynthia!!! OH goodness! I can't wait to about everything!!

Welcome back! That's going to be an awesome trip report, I'm sure. I can't wait to read all about it.

LOL, I absolutely love Jimmy Buffett--I guess it takes another parrot-head to get it, lol.

Probably. I was struggling with the title for this one and while red wine, in my book, isn't truly a boat drink...it still worked and made me smile. Which is really what it's all about.

Jeff learned something new about me on our Hawaii trip. I know all the words to all of the songs on the 4 album set Bars, Boats, Beaches and Ballads. And those on the Beach Boys Endless Summer.

It was pretty funny. Or at least he thought so.

WOW!!! The Illuminations cruise sounds freaking amazing. Pizza is the perfect easy meal to eat on a boat- not having to worry about utensils and all that!

Love your comment about knowing all the words on the JB Box set.

I brought several JB CDs to the hospital when my first son was born. He actually arrived during one of the songs from "Bars" :laughing: We took him to his first show when he was 9. Haven't had tickets for a few years, but DH and I are going to the concert this June.

I am also looking forward to the dark side of your trip!

But first, can't wait to hear what you cook up for your final Disney day!

Happy Mother's Day, Cynthia.

dumbo.gif

Have a fabulous girls trip!

Thanks! We did!!!!!!!!!!!

What a great cruise!!! I bet that was so much fun and everyone looks like they are having a wonderful time!!! Good idea to get pizza and wine!

Hope you are having a great girls' trip!

The cruise was wonderful, I can't recommend it enough and pizza was SO much better than the original plan, it really enhanced the whole experiences somehow.

We had a great girls trip. :goodvibes

Work Drama this week has made me super behind in all my threads!!Next week I am taking some time OFF and will be catching up hopefully!!!

UGH for work drama Rosie, I hope all is better this week

What a wonderful night! I'm dying to go on an Illuminations cruise.

It's magical!

Your cruise sounds wonderful! every one just hanging out, enjoying munchies and a beautiful evening boat ride.

and I am so jealous of your date night with hubby. :love::love: Our DD is far too young to be alone, even sleeping, for us to do this. sigh. some other time. but it sounds awesome!

They do have babysitting services you can get at your room, I've never done it but I know others have and have had good experiences

Welcome back, Cynthia. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Thanks Kathy, it was a blast!

WELCOME HOME, Cynthia!!! OH goodness! I can't wait to about everything!!

Lots to tell :rotfl:

Welcome back! That's going to be an awesome trip report, I'm sure. I can't wait to read all about it.

It should be entertaining to say the least

Welcome back, Cynthia! Can't wait to hear the details of your trip! :goodvibes

Thanks Jackie, it was a blast!

Welcome Home!!

Thanks Amy!

WOW!!! The Illuminations cruise sounds freaking amazing. Pizza is the perfect easy meal to eat on a boat- not having to worry about utensils and all that!

it was perfect!

Love your comment about knowing all the words on the JB Box set.

I brought several JB CDs to the hospital when my first son was born. He actually arrived during one of the songs from "Bars" :laughing: We took him to his first show when he was 9. Haven't had tickets for a few years, but DH and I are going to the concert this June.

I love it! Poor Evan was born to Saving Private Ryan...maybe that explains something. :rotfl:

I am also looking forward to the dark side of your trip!

But first, can't wait to hear what you cook up for your final Disney day!

Yep, have a full day/night and a last morning before we head to the dark side. Update soon.

Welcome back!

Thanks!

Happy Mother's Day, Cynthia.

dumbo.gif

yellow-flower-mothers-day.gif

Happy Mothers Day!!!!

b7df996d.jpg

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Cynthia,
28.gif

Hope you are having a great day.

Happy Mother's Day, Cynthia! Hope you had a wonderful day!

The same from me !!!!:hug:

Thanks Everyone!!!!!! I had a wonderful Mothers Day (and spent very little of it online lol) and I hope you all did too!

After a very full magically illuminating day part of us wanted to sleep in. Another part felt, as we always seem to do, shortchanged on Animal Kingdom time. It was day 9. We’d been to AK twice. In those 2 visits we had…

1. Ridden Dinosaur
  2. Been on Safari
  3. Eaten at Tusker
  4. Ridden EE (some of us)
And yep, that was IT. Which was not cool with some of us, Jeff in particular!

My notes had called for this plan of attack

• Ale & Compass or BCM for CS Breakfast (at resort) (CS# 8, OOP for Evan)
  • Wherever we want based on what we think we’ve missed. DTD, any park, whatever!
  • VIA Napoli is an option for a TS or OOP lunch. New restaurant in Italy, soft opening (walk up)
  • Use up any leftover CS or snack credits (unlikely lol)
  • Back to Yacht Club for pool time 12-2
  • Girls Tea @ the GF 3:20 (boys do whatever they want lol!) monorail to Epcot to meet group when done
  • Epcot 4-9:30
  • Teppan Edo for dinner @ 8:40 PM (TS#8-5TS, 1 OOP Evan)

Check out Club Cool and Kim Possible if not already done.

The Whatever we want based on what we think we’ve missed was plotted out, before bed, to look like this.

• Wakeup at a decent hour but don’t kill ourselves (it had been a late night)
  • Jeff, myself and the E’s head to AK
  • Lazy teens and grandparents sleep in, go out to breakfast and do laundry (hey, if my MIL offers, who am I to turn it down?)
  • Meet at DTD at 1:30-2. As you may recall, T had whined that Rainforest Café was his FAVORITE restaurant ever and HAD to go there. We’d been able to get a late lunch reservation for the boys for 2pm. Girls would grab a quick light lunch elsewhere if needed, and then head to the tea. It would be tight but it was doable.
  • Post tea would be pool, then Teppan.

The morning went according to plan, I show my first picture as not until about 10 but I’m pretty positive we got there around 9:30? I know the first thing we did after we got there was grab a coffee and pastries for all at that first cart after you enter. We then wandered towards FOTLK. As some of you may recall, I really wanted to see this. We’d missed it in 09 so I hadn’t seen it since 04. However…no food or drink allowed. Which really sucked as a show was just about to start. But we’d had snack credits to burn and were hungry. A bit dejected, as I knew it just wouldn’t fit into the day again unless I really threw a fit which I didn’t feel like doing, we wandered, no real plan other than to go get Kali FP’s. It was kind of a toss up between Kali and EE but since the others had gotten on EE, Kali won. Other than FOTLK (for me) it was our one must do for the day. On our way, we saw something unusual.

IMG_6103.jpg

IMG_6104.jpg

IMG_6105.jpg

IMG_6106.jpg

Ok, I have to admit, I was really bummed by the gangs total lack of interest and any wow, isn’t that cool/weird commentary. Heck, they’d been fascinated by something similar at DTD on our 2nd night but for whatever reason Devine didn’t do a thing for my boys. Go figure. I thought she was cool!

They were far more interested in this guy

IMG_6107.jpg

FP’s obtained

IMG_6108.jpg

and no Nemo show soon (still haven’t seen it!) we headed to the TOL. Checking things out as we went.

IMG_6109.jpg

IMG_6110.jpg

I really wanted do the trail around it. Which of course I didn’t know what it was called or where you entered but figured we’d figure it out. We thought we had and enjoyed meandering around.

IMG_6111.jpg

IMG_6112.jpg

IMG_6113.jpg

IMG_6114.jpg

Except…we weren’t really on a trail, or somehow we got off the trail. I’m really not sure. We were in a queue. That apparently was empty enough we didn’t clue in until we got here.

IMG_6115.jpg

IMG_6116.jpg

IMG_6118.jpg

IMG_6119.jpg

Oops!

Well………okayyyyyyyyyyy that hadn’t exactly been on the plan but why not. This one I hadn’t done since 2001 and that was in California Adventure. So it was actually a ton of fun and the E’s didn’t recall it a bit (which makes sense, they were only 1 and 2 at the time lol).
It wasn’t quite FP time for Kali and Eric, for whatever reason, decided he’d REALLY like to go to ….

IMG_6120.jpg

We’d never done this and honestly I think I must glaze over it in TR’s as I wasn’t entirely sure what to expect. But…you can see the heat in my little point and shoot!

IMG_6121.jpg

We checked out the queue

IMG_6121.jpg

IMG_6124.jpg

IMG_6125.jpg

IMG_6126.jpg

IMG_6127.jpg

Continued in next post

Eric tried to figure out where we were going

IMG_6128.jpg

IMG_6129.jpg

What I really didn’t expect was how long you have to wait for the train. It started to stress us out a little and the queue hadn’t seemed that bad, nor the posted wait time. It ended up being only about 25 minutes but it felt longer and then the train ride itself is another 15. Had we realized the total length I know we'd have made a different choice. So...plan accordingly. This is what happens when you go off plan lol!

It was also getting quite hot. Finally the train came. I do like this train and checking out where the animals “live” when they are offstage. However, my camera was not really up to the task as you’ll see below.
IMG_6130.jpg

IMG_6131.jpg

IMG_6132.jpg

IMG_6134.jpg

IMG_6135.jpg

IMG_6136.jpg

IMG_6137.jpg

IMG_6138.jpg

IMG_6139.jpg

IMG_6140.jpg

IMG_6141.jpg

IMG_6142.jpg

IMG_6143.jpg

IMG_6144.jpg

IMG_6145.jpg

And soon we arrived! I tried to get a picture of the train but…pretty lame. Still, it’s a cool train.

IMG_6146.jpg

IMG_6147.jpg

IMG_6148.jpg

IMG_6149.jpg

IMG_6150.jpg

We wandered back, checking things out as we went

IMG_6151.jpg

IMG_6152.jpg

IMG_6154.jpg

Continued in next post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter