Dr. Jones and the Spitting Camel - Link to Alaska Cruise TR 9/18

I'm all caught up (finally!) I love that everything just fell into place that night for the cruise!

That cruise sounds like it was a lot of fun!!!!! How cool that you could just walk down to the pier and board the buses, that must have saved a lot of time! Nice that the weather didn't go bad on you guys as well, that could have been sad :(. I also find it entertaining that you also refer to universal as the "Dark Side" or at least i'm guessing that is what you are talking about. My family and I called it "The Place that Must Not Be Named". We called it that because of the fact that they now have the Harry Potter Land (Our only reason to venture over there).

It was lovely to just walk out our back door and straight to the marina, literally 5 minutes from our room!

The fact that we were staying at the YC was a huge part of why we chose the cruise over some other "special" options that were on the table.

Awesome Cynthia! What a great idea to get pizza for the boat ride. It solved so many issues.

Your night sounded fantastic. Now I might have to think about doing that!

I was SO grateful they could do it. Obviously we could have gotten it to our room on that short notice but as it technically fell into catering and they'd been so insistent on deadline I was really worried. You guys would LOVE the cruise!

Depending on where I was staying, I'd consider the Wishes one. Not sure which resort would do catering for it but it really was fun having more than just chips and soda on the boat!

Cynthia, what a terrific update. The cruise sounds absolutely awesome and it looks as if hte kids really enjoyed it. I really need to look into that for Mark and I one of these days. The photopass pictures are really good too.

Thanks!

I can't recommend it enough, it was absolutely magical!

What a beautiful ending to a simply perfect day!! Everything about it, from the pizza straightening out the credits, to the rain holding off at a distance- it was just great! I love how you captured the essence of the evening for us and that it was one of your best highlights of the whole trip! Those memories last a lifetime. :goodvibes

It really was a perfect day! From the beginning with and the boys having a magcial breakfast on main street to a romantic end to the night holding hands and sipping slushies strolling around the world...perfect.

What a perfect evening! So glad everything worked out.
The Illuminations cruise sounds absolutely magical. :cloud9:

Hey! Welcome back! Glad you had a great getaway in Hawaii! Nice update on the trip report, too! The beginning of the cruise seems great, and pizza on the boat also fun! We like the boardwalk pizza! I also agree those photos that the PP photographer took are wonderful! Too many slushies.. hmmm.. yep, AA would be the kiss of death for me too!

Can't wait to hear all about your antics this weekend! YAY!!! you ladies are going to have a great time! :yay:

Wow. That was a an amazing update, Cynthia. (And welcome back to the mainland, by the way.) The first pictures you posted of everyone getting ready to get on the boat, and then the Photopass pics, really just showed how much you seemed to all be enjoying spending time with eachother. Everyone looks incredibly relaxed and happy. :goodvibes And coming up with the pizza and the wine, not to mention surprising everyone with the ride itself...you seem to have a secret stash of Pixie dust somewhere. :goodvibes And I completely agree that there isn't much better in this world then walking hand in hand (or slushie in hand :rotfl:) with your love around World Showcase at night. World Showcase at night is a completely magical place for me. OK, its pretty darn magical in the daylight, too, but those torches really seem to add something.

Great idea to get pizza, glad you ran into that photopass photographer, he got some really good shots. I have always wanted to go a fireworks cruise but we keep getting conflicting information as to whether Bill could stay in his wheelchair for it. I will just have to go up to one of the boats and see the opening for myself one day :lmao:.

It was wonderful you got to have a mini date night, I love grey goose slushies!! Can't wait to hear more of your adventures!

I was a a little bit behind and I thank you for the links it makes it so much easier to catch up. What a great idea to have pizza on the boat and it even fixed all your dining credits. Glad to hear you had fun in Hawaii. What a great morning you had with the E's in MK. My dd loved the tree house. We had the whole thing to ourselves for about 30 min when we were there and she had so much fun on it. We never did get over to the island and I know she would love that too.

Hi! :wave2:

:blush:

Sorry I've bene so MIA lately. I have lots and lots of catching up to do, but I just wanted to say hi, I'm still here. :goodvibes

You have VERY good reasons my friend! :hug:

I'm hideously behind everywhere (as usual lol)

the cruise does look like a lot of fun, i might have to check into that for the next trip.

Oh you guys would love it! It's a splurge, but great with a group. Boat seats 9....

Cynthia - I did not realize the cruise was a surprise. Nice!

And - it just occurred to me that you probably don't need a park ticket to do the cruise. That is definitely a thought for my December trip. What a surprise that would be if I planned it without Denny and Nick knowing.

Hmmmmmm - something to think about. I really like that idea.

Nope, you wouldn't need park tickets. That would be a great surprise!!!! I'm not sure if the Wishes one can leave from WL or if it's GF only but that's close to VWL so could be a cool option for that trip!

The picture of your captain opening the bottle of wine cracked me UP!

Oh - and way to rock the photopass pictures. I love, love, love the one with tinkerbell.

I hope you don't mind, but I am really looking forward to hearing about the dark side. Nick really wants to go to Universal if we don't buy a Disney park pass (which I don't think we will). I think two days at Universal would work out really well for us and I really want to know how to work the whole Harry Potter thing.

Now why would I mind? I will freely admit that we loved the dark side. There, I've said it. :rotfl:

She was SUCH a great captain, really loved her job.

Great day!! It worked out so well for you in the end - that must have felt good after the chaos with the dining etc. I could totally go for some pizza and wine tonight!

I'm glad that your camera battery died - not because I didn't want to see pictures (I agree, mine never turn out!), but because you got to truly enjoy yourself and that is worth a thousand pictures!

Looking forward to your family's take on WWoHP etc. My DD10 just started reading the HP books and now wants to go there. I told her she'd have to read them all first! :laughing: She doesn't do much in the way of thrill rides, and I don't want to spend all that much $ if she doesn't get more out of it than one little area of the park.

Glad your Hawaii trip was so wonderful - I am so jealous!!! and now the next trip is just around the corner! Have a great time!!

What a great update Cynthia!!! The Illuminations cruise looks like a wonderful way to spend an evening!! YAY for Pizza and Wine!!!! I love being able to see fireworks in new and wonderful ways so I will have to think on this as it looks SO much fun!!!!!

YAY for a date night!!! EPCOT at night is just beautiful!

It was really really special, I highly recommend it!

The cruise sounds like such a great idea...glad everyone was surprised and felt special :thumbsup2
Good job putting the Captain right to work! She is very multi-talented :rolleyes1

She rocked! We all felt special, it was really cool.

Too funny that you fell asleep in AA (another never seen confession ;)) Must be something about America, air conditioning and naps! :rotfl:

See ya real soon!! :yay:

Tracy

I know, I felt extremely unpatriotic at the end of the day. LOL!

What an amazing evening, the cruise looks incredible and how fun that your dinner plans being canceled worked to your advantage.

Can't wait for more:goodvibes

It worked out really really well!

Ahhhh, what a perfect night!!! I'm so glad it all worked out so wonderfully! And yes, you have officially got me on wanting a fireworks cruise. :laughing:

It was magical!

I agree with you on the tuna sandwich too-SO GOOD! I wonder if that recipe is out on AllEars...:scratchin

Mnn! Sounds good right now actuall!

The cruise sounds like so much fun and wow! My family would have been happy with that meal, as well!

(And now, I have Jimmy Buffett in my head, as well, making for a great Friday afternoon!)

Seemed like you had the perfect event for your group there! I am glad that your last night at Disney ended on a high note! I can't belive that the Disney portion of your trip is nearly over, but I am looking forward to reading about Universal and everyone's thought about that. I wonder wether the teens were more in their element there? :goodvibes

Well we have a full day and night and a morning still so not quite over!

I was interested to see how they did over there as well. Though mind you, Kendall was really fine at WDW, it was Taylor who whined and claimed he was only excited about Universal.

I need to get caught up on yours, I started but then work got in the way. But promise to when I get back!

I'm all caught up (finally!) I love that everything just fell into place that night for the cruise!

I'm very behind on yours :( Am going to really get on top of things when I get back. It really did fall into place :cloud9:

What a perfect evening! So glad everything worked out.
The Illuminations cruise sounds absolutely magical. :cloud9:

It was!

Hey! Welcome back! Glad you had a great getaway in Hawaii! Nice update on the trip report, too! The beginning of the cruise seems great, and pizza on the boat also fun! We like the boardwalk pizza! I also agree those photos that the PP photographer took are wonderful! Too many slushies.. hmmm.. yep, AA would be the kiss of death for me too!

I only had one! But, it had been a long very full heat filled day and I think it caught up with me.

I can't wait to hear about your cruise!!!

Can't wait to hear all about your antics this weekend! YAY!!! you ladies are going to have a great time! :yay:

SO excited! Melissa is there, Mary Ellen is in the air, then Jen. I'm on a red eye tonight and Tracy and Christine get in tomorrow. in just over 24 hours we'll all be together!

I have my boarding pass and you'll be happy to know, we ordered the ingredients for those lemon fizzes as part of our GG order...I just picked up the vodka. So you'll be with us in that sense. It's the last thing I have to pack. Or darn close to it lol.

Wow. That was a an amazing update, Cynthia. (And welcome back to the mainland, by the way.) The first pictures you posted of everyone getting ready to get on the boat, and then the Photopass pics, really just showed how much you seemed to all be enjoying spending time with eachother. Everyone looks incredibly relaxed and happy. :goodvibes And coming up with the pizza and the wine, not to mention surprising everyone with the ride itself...you seem to have a secret stash of Pixie dust somewhere. :goodvibes
Not sure about the secret stash (though that would be cool!) but things really did work out with a minimum amount of stress amazingly enough. It was just a great day.

And I completely agree that there isn't much better in this world then walking hand in hand (or slushie in hand :rotfl:) with your love around World Showcase at night. World Showcase at night is a completely magical place for me. OK, its pretty darn magical in the daylight, too, but those torches really seem to add something.

It is magical at night. And....more so without kids to be honest. Not that I don't LOVE my kids (and inlaws lol) but it was really special, just the two of us.

Great idea to get pizza, glad you ran into that photopass photographer, he got some really good shots. I have always wanted to go a fireworks cruise but we keep getting conflicting information as to whether Bill could stay in his wheelchair for it. I will just have to go up to one of the boats and see the opening for myself one day :lmao:.

Good question Tracy, I'm not sure how big that opening is and if there is a place for the chair. I don't recall it as being that big but I honestly have no idea. If you know the width you'd need I can peek at the Marina on our girls trip this weekend. Just let me know, I'd be happy to check! I bet the folks at the little marina office would know off the top of their heads but the boats are right there and I'll be right there so....

:goodvibes

It was wonderful you got to have a mini date night, I love grey goose slushies!! Can't wait to hear more of your adventures!

It was a lovely date!!!

I was a a little bit behind and I thank you for the links it makes it so much easier to catch up. What a great idea to have pizza on the boat and it even fixed all your dining credits. Glad to hear you had fun in Hawaii. What a great morning you had with the E's in MK. My dd loved the tree house. We had the whole thing to ourselves for about 30 min when we were there and she had so much fun on it. We never did get over to the island and I know she would love that too.

I'm behind on my linking but will clean stuff up for sure when we get back. How very cool you had the treehouse to yourself! She would love TSI, it was so much fun.

Great day!! It worked out so well for you in the end - that must have felt good after the chaos with the dining etc. I could totally go for some pizza and wine tonight!

I'm glad that your camera battery died - not because I didn't want to see pictures (I agree, mine never turn out!), but because you got to truly enjoy yourself and that is worth a thousand pictures!

I was glad it died too! And, the early fiasco seemed fortuitous at the end, for sure.

Looking forward to your family's take on WWoHP etc. My DD10 just started reading the HP books and now wants to go there. I told her she'd have to read them all first! :laughing: She doesn't do much in the way of thrill rides, and I don't want to spend all that much $ if she doesn't get more out of it than one little area of the park.

You'll get our take on it for sure, and given we had so many ages, a lot of different viewpoints. Reading all the books is a good idea. So, honestly, is seeing all the movies. Only 3 of us had but it did really add to our experience compared to the others. I'm looking forward to talking about it finally! But..we still have a day and half before that starts however I'm hoping once I get back, to get back to some more timely updates. I'd like to finish this in time to do a cruise PTR after all. :rotfl:

Glad your Hawaii trip was so wonderful - I am so jealous!!! and now the next trip is just around the corner! Have a great time!!

It is TONIGHT! I'm on the red eye. Packed and ready to go, boarding pass printed! Just a lot of work to do first. real work though, not trip work lol. Hawaii was fabulous.

The cruise sounds like so much fun and wow! My family would have been happy with that meal, as well!

(And now, I have Jimmy Buffett in my head, as well, making for a great Friday afternoon!)

DING DING DING someone recognized it! I LOVE that song. I have a whole "beach music" playlist on my ipod that we listened to a LOT in Hawaii. I love that song.

Even though we didn't go on a boat, I figured it worked since we were sitting on our lanai looking at boats, listing to some Jimmy, and drinking rum and coke. Which counts as a boat drink in my book.

I agree, it's a fine song to have stuck in your head on a Friday afternoon. :goodvibes

LOL, I absolutely love Jimmy Buffett--I guess it takes another parrot-head to get it, lol.

Probably. I was struggling with the title for this one and while red wine, in my book, isn't truly a boat drink...it still worked and made me smile. Which is really what it's all about.

Jeff learned something new about me on our Hawaii trip. I know all the words to all of the songs on the 4 album set Bars, Boats, Beaches and Ballads. And those on the Beach Boys Endless Summer.

It was pretty funny. Or at least he thought so.

What a great cruise!!! I bet that was so much fun and everyone looks like they are having a wonderful time!!! Good idea to get pizza and wine!

Hope you are having a great girls' trip!

Work Drama this week has made me super behind in all my threads!!Next week I am taking some time OFF and will be catching up hopefully!!!

Your cruise sounds wonderful! every one just hanging out, enjoying munchies and a beautiful evening boat ride.

and I am so jealous of your date night with hubby. :love::love: Our DD is far too young to be alone, even sleeping, for us to do this. sigh. some other time. but it sounds awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!