Dr. Jones and the Spitting Camel - Link to Alaska Cruise TR 9/18

You know, CHH is my favorite counter service at MK. And when you are sitting upstairs, the atmosphere is more table service than quick-serve. The tuna sandwich is awesome, but this year I accidentally ordered the hummus. I thought I would use the cutsie name but I said "Lighthouse sandwich" instead of "Anchors Aweigh" DOH!

Fantastic pictures from and of the train!!!

Sounds like the HOP was a nice little break. We haven't done this in probably 20 years!

Auntie Gravities can cure a lot of heat-related ills.

It will be interesting to see how you solve the dinner dilema...

What a great MK afternoon!
I think CHH is one of the best CS places in the MK.
SAB and a cruise sounds like the perfect evening.

I'm glad everyone was able to get together and get some rides in. I have GOT to try that tuna sandwich at CHH someday! It looked like a really nice afternoon. I wonder what you did for dinner with your looming deadline.

Yep....darn good tuna sandwich! Ihad it along with clam chowder a couple years ago and it really hit the spot. Actually so did tomato soup and grilled cheese at earls. I must be a soup and sandwich person. I don't remember if CHH offeredahalf a sandwich to go with the soup or if I just did the best I could. I do remember it came with a bag of chips that I saved for later. Danny had gone to the golf tourney that day and it was windy and cold so I really wanted that soup!

MMM lunch at CHH! :thumbsup2 That was our first lunch at MK a long time ago! A raccoon came out of a back room near our table, and shortly after, Davy Crockett came storming out and asked on his way if we had seen a pesky raccoon! :rotfl2: I love how the CMs stay in character no matter where they are! The tuna sandwich sounds really delish!

The lure of the anchor pulled you in!! I TOTALLY get your excitment!! Really, I do! I had a WONDERFUL lunch break in there myself, and indulged on that very same sandwich. Well, I mean, not yours, but one just like it! And man, was it good! Nothing much different than I make at home oh, say, once a week, but WOW, sure hit the spot there and then.

Maybe they should hand out flasher/buzzers to let you know when your party is about to drop at Spl.M. Then you wouldn't have to go out to the sun until the last minute. But, then again, they wouldn't sell as many root beer and Dole Whip floats, would they. Never mind.

I admit, I got a bit drowsy in HOP as well. Just seems to lend itself to that sort of thing. Hot weather outside, A/C and cushy chairs inside... it happens.

hmmm... dinner for 8. Where to go, WHAT to do??!! Important quesitions, these.

CHH is on our list of lunch go to spots, too. the sandwich looks yummy...

too bad you can get a dessert voucher for an hour or two later, eh?

What a nice albeit hot afternoon! I have never tried CHH but it is on my list. I also don't think I've been on the train. I may have to do that if we have time when we're there... in 3 weeks!! :yay::yay::yay:

Great update!

CHH was always one of our faves too, and I loved the atmosphere upstairs

Hopefully something worked out for a dinner ADR:goodvibes

I have never tried CHH either :scared1: Although the tuna sandwich does look delicious....I am very picky about my tuna salad though...don't like any crunchy add ins like onions or celery :rolleyes1
Your nap in HOP made me chuckle...I have too fallen victim to nodding off in the cool, dark space ;) In one day alone my niece fell asleep on the boat from HS to Epcot and then on the monorail and THEN on the train at MK :rotfl2: You would think that she would have more energy than me :rolleyes1
I hope your gang is able to find some food somewhere if need be....don't want anyone having any temper tummy issues for the cruise ;)
If I don't make it back on here before you go this week have a wonderful and relaxing time!!! :hug: And don't get too tan :cutie:;)

Tracy

Woo hoo! More fabulous MK fun!!

:lmao: about falling asleep in HOP! I've never, ever stayed awake in American Adventure! I think I made it through HOP once, but I'm not sure!

That sandwich does look yummy! It's on my list of things to try at some point! Perhaps it will be my dinner on the 28th! They may have been roping off the area in CCH for a Keys To The Kingdom group! We had lunch upstairs in CCH in our very own roped off VIP section when we did the tour!

LOVE that picture of Jeff on Splash!!! He looks like he's having a awesome time!

Can't wait to hear about your cruise!!! :cool1:

it took me a while, but i finally found that hidden path in tomorrow land, it is a nice quite stroll in the park.

i think that is why we dont really plan specific times like that for trips, caues we know that they can and do always change.

really the only things we plan are dinner meal times, rest of day is fair game.
:thumbsup2

Cynthia, great rest of the day at MK. Columbia Harbor House is a favorite of ours!

E did look hot on the train; and I love that little walk from Toontown to Tomorrowland.

I love the picture of Jeff on Splash Mountain. :goodvibes

Your MK time sounds like so much fun. And I agree that waiting for that Splash Mountain pic was completely worth it. We didn't even make it into the HOP last trip, but Mark and I saw it the year prior and we loved it. But we're both big history nerds. Incidentally, I seem to be reading a ton about CHH lately and I've put it on my list of strong contenders for CS while we're at MK this summer. I felt similarly to you about the tuna sandwich I had at the Plaza in February. I couldn't tell you (or anyone!) what was so delicious about it, but it was near perfection at that particular moment.

Very good to know Tina! We have lunch at the Plaza (next month! :cool1:) and I was debating that tuna...not sure it could compare but I may have to get it after your glowing recommendation. I do want to see HOP again...just not right after lunch.

All the advance planning is a funny thing, I realized on this last trip. Sure, its a blast to put it all together, but in the moment, executing those plans can sometimes get tricky. And again, my hat's off to you for being able to coordinate (and keep happy) such a large group. We cancelled out on a number of ADRs on this past trip, which surprised me, but it worked out for the best that way. Can't wait to hear what you ended up doing for the rest of the day.

It was a head scratcher at that moment in the day for me, I honestly had no clue and was dreading dealing with it but...it was absoltuely the right call! And is actually the only ADR I've ever blown off (besides a back up duplicate...shhh no flaming...I needed contingency plans that day, this to me...actually missing it but wanting to go..is different).

Oh, and nice railroad pics. Max loves trains and this just reinforced for me that necessity of us making the trip this summer.

I'm glad we did it, I want to do the whole loop again one of these days. Evan LOVED it when he was younger, all that boy needed was character autographs and the train. :cloud9:

You know, CHH is my favorite counter service at MK. And when you are sitting upstairs, the atmosphere is more table service than quick-serve. The tuna sandwich is awesome, but this year I accidentally ordered the hummus. I thought I would use the cutsie name but I said "Lighthouse sandwich" instead of "Anchors Aweigh" DOH!

I agree, the atmosphere was much more TS (casual) than QS. Loved it!
About a bazillion times more than Cosmic Rays. :rotfl:

Fantastic pictures from and of the train!!!

Sounds like the HOP was a nice little break. We haven't done this in probably 20 years!

Auntie Gravities can cure a lot of heat-related ills.

It will be interesting to see how you solve the dinner dilema...

HOP was a nice break though I'm sad I missed stuff, especially since Paul and Sandie went on and on and on about how cool things were...a few of which I missed.

:worship: for Auntie Gravities.

What a great MK afternoon!
I think CHH is one of the best CS places in the MK.
SAB and a cruise sounds like the perfect evening.

It was a great afternoon and CHH is definitely a new fav for me.

I'm glad everyone was able to get together and get some rides in. I have GOT to try that tuna sandwich at CHH someday! It looked like a really nice afternoon. I wonder what you did for dinner with your looming deadline.

You do need to try it, it is so good. Really really hit the spot! It was a fun afternoon.

First, if I don't get a chance to get over here before you leave, have a wonderful Hawaiian vacation!!!

I am still kicking myself for not getting the tuna sandwich the last time we were at CHH...it will be a must-do on the next trip!

I can't say that I blame you for falling asleep in the HoP -- air-conditioning and sitting after a busy morning will do it everytime.

Yes, I would have to agree with you that the bridge by Splash Mountain is really a hot place to stand. I swear, I always have my MK melt-downs in Frontierland. The picture of Jeff was well worth the wait, though. :laughing:

Great pics from the train ride.

Ah, a Disney root beer float! I think they are the best root beer floats I have ever had!!! :goodvibes

Yep....darn good tuna sandwich! Ihad it along with clam chowder a couple years ago and it really hit the spot. Actually so did tomato soup and grilled cheese at earls. I must be a soup and sandwich person. I don't remember if CHH offeredahalf a sandwich to go with the soup or if I just did the best I could. I do remember it came with a bag of chips that I saved for later. Danny had gone to the golf tourney that day and it was windy and cold so I really wanted that soup!

I am definitely a sandwich person, I might have to try the grilled cheese at EOS! I've yet to make it there.

MMM lunch at CHH! :thumbsup2 That was our first lunch at MK a long time ago! A raccoon came out of a back room near our table, and shortly after, Davy Crockett came storming out and asked on his way if we had seen a pesky raccoon! :rotfl2: I love how the CMs stay in character no matter where they are! The tuna sandwich sounds really delish!

I LOVE that story, how fun must that have been!!!!!!!!

The lure of the anchor pulled you in!! I TOTALLY get your excitment!! Really, I do! I had a WONDERFUL lunch break in there myself, and indulged on that very same sandwich. Well, I mean, not yours, but one just like it! And man, was it good! Nothing much different than I make at home oh, say, once a week, but WOW, sure hit the spot there and then.

It sure did!

Maybe they should hand out flasher/buzzers to let you know when your party is about to drop at Spl.M. Then you wouldn't have to go out to the sun until the last minute. But, then again, they wouldn't sell as many root beer and Dole Whip floats, would they. Never mind.

No but they could probably rent such a buzzer and make some coin!

I admit, I got a bit drowsy in HOP as well. Just seems to lend itself to that sort of thing. Hot weather outside, A/C and cushy chairs inside... it happens.

hmmm... dinner for 8. Where to go, WHAT to do??!! Important quesitions, these.

It did lend itself to a lovely pleasant daze....but I felt bad for dozing. Food for eight is an important question that required an answer!

CHH is on our list of lunch go to spots, too. the sandwich looks yummy...

too bad you can get a dessert voucher for an hour or two later, eh?

You know, we did get a voucher at Hurricane Hannah's...and never redeemed it. It was too hot to get the gelato when we got our food, it would have melted by the time we finished our food. I really liked CHH. Probably won't make it there this trip but I'll be back for sure!

What a nice albeit hot afternoon! I have never tried CHH but it is on my list. I also don't think I've been on the train. I may have to do that if we have time when we're there... in 3 weeks!! :yay::yay::yay:

:cool1: three weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll go on the train with you, I want to do the full ride at some point, it's been forever.

Great update!

CHH was always one of our faves too, and I loved the atmosphere upstairs

Hopefully something worked out for a dinner ADR:goodvibes

I loved the atmosphere too!

Dinner for 8 during free dining on a MK crowd level of 9...it was a bit worrisome (esp given that we are not CS dinner type folks) but I tried not to think too hard about it, not much I could do at that moment.

I have never tried CHH either :scared1: Although the tuna sandwich does look delicious....I am very picky about my tuna salad though...don't like any crunchy add ins like onions or celery :rolleyes1
I'm not big on onions or celery but love me some dill pickle!

Your nap in HOP made me chuckle...I have too fallen victim to nodding off in the cool, dark space ;) In one day alone my niece fell asleep on the boat from HS to Epcot and then on the monorail and THEN on the train at MK :rotfl2: You would think that she would have more energy than me :rolleyes1
how old is she? kids will crash at the funniest places. K&T are notorious for it. The E's much less so.

I hope your gang is able to find some food somewhere if need be....don't want anyone having any temper tummy issues for the cruise ;)
If I don't make it back on here before you go this week have a wonderful and relaxing time!!! :hug: And don't get too tan :cutie:;)

Tracy

Temper Tummy is no fun!

All packed and checked in and looking forward to the sun!!!!!!! No promises on the tan. :rotfl: I'll have 10 days to fade though. It was interesting packing so say the least, we'll see how it works out.

Woo hoo! More fabulous MK fun!!

:lmao: about falling asleep in HOP! I've never, ever stayed awake in American Adventure! I think I made it through HOP once, but I'm not sure!

:rotfl: About American Adventure

That sandwich does look yummy! It's on my list of things to try at some point! Perhaps it will be my dinner on the 28th! They may have been roping off the area in CCH for a Keys To The Kingdom group! We had lunch upstairs in CCH in our very own roped off VIP section when we did the tour!

LOVE that picture of Jeff on Splash!!! He looks like he's having a awesome time!

Can't wait to hear about your cruise!!! :cool1:

That would be a great dinner on the 28th! Fun place for dinner on a tour I bet.

I love that picture too.

it took me a while, but i finally found that hidden path in tomorrow land, it is a nice quite stroll in the park.

It's a great stroll!

i think that is why we dont really plan specific times like that for trips, caues we know that they can and do always change.

really the only things we plan are dinner meal times, rest of day is fair game.
:thumbsup2

Yes, the rest is fair game. But when dinner gets missed...then what?

Cynthia, great rest of the day at MK. Columbia Harbor House is a favorite of ours!

E did look hot on the train; and I love that little walk from Toontown to Tomorrowland.

I love the picture of Jeff on Splash Mountain. :goodvibes

He was hot, poor guy! It had been a long day for him at that point. Isn't that picture great?

First, if I don't get a chance to get over here before you leave, have a wonderful Hawaiian vacation!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

I am still kicking myself for not getting the tuna sandwich the last time we were at CHH...it will be a must-do on the next trip!

I can't say that I blame you for falling asleep in the HoP -- air-conditioning and sitting after a busy morning will do it everytime.

Great sand which, I loved CHH! and the little nap was nice

Yes, I would have to agree with you that the bridge by Splash Mountain is really a hot place to stand. I swear, I always have my MK melt-downs in Frontierland. The picture of Jeff was well worth the wait, though. :laughing:

Great pics from the train ride.

Ah, a Disney root beer float! I think they are the best root beer floats I have ever had!!! :goodvibes

Really, a root beer float cures about anything!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm off to Hawaii!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be doing some updates on FB for those following along there and may pop in here too, have a great weekend everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter