DP in April?

lfama

DISBride '10
I read on another post here something that implied DP's were not held every night in April, but it was very unclear. Can anyone shed some light as to what the person was referring to? (I believe they said "If the dessert party isn't offered that night (i.e., April brides). I can't seem to find the post anymore, it was in a random thread. Thank you!

Yea, my PJ is "a random thread".

When Disney first started releasing hours, they weren't listing fireworks shows every nite, but eventually added illuminations every nite in April. However, obviously, other firework shows were indeed cut and are not shown every nite now due to financial strains.

You are still over a year away so it's really impossible to know how the economy will be and what financial decisions Disney will make in the next year. I would call DFTW as they will be able to tell you when you can book and know for sure.

Also, when I was trying to change my wedding to another day I was told DP's are not available that day because Disney was "predicting peak attendance".

I am also not sure if you can do DP in Epcot in December. I believe the closer to the holidays it gets you are not allowed to do DP there because of the crowds. Not sure if it is the whole month of December or just the last two weeks. Make sure to check it you are planning for that month.

Linda

Epcot dessert party locations are blocked off this year from December 20 to January 2 due to peak attendance. In addition, some locations, such as Italy West Plaza, may not be available from November 24-January 2 because they are used in conjunction with Candlelight.

Epcot dessert party locations are blocked off this year from December 20 to January 2 due to peak attendance. In addition, some locations, such as Italy West Plaza, may not be available from November 24-January 2 because they are used in conjunction with Candlelight.

Good info - glad to see that you are getting your Dessert Party. Is the date you chose because you could not get the Dessert Party earlier? I know for us that would have been a deal breaker. I could not have done our wedding without the Dessert Party.

Linda

Good info - glad to see that you are getting your Dessert Party. Is the date you chose because you could not get the Dessert Party earlier? I know for us that would have been a deal breaker. I could not have done our wedding without the Dessert Party.

Linda

Yes, that is exactly why we choose January 4, the first weekday during my break that we could have a dessert party in Italy. I only wish that my ceremony could be in Italy with Misty :sad1:

Dessert Parties are the best. Here is a photo from ours. We had it in the UK Lower.

e2d43814.jpg

We were just in Disney for my DH's birthday and watched IllumiNations from the bridge in Italy and the view is beautiful. If Wishes is the same time as IllumiNations, you can see the Wishes fireworks off in the distance while you are watching IllumiNations. Here is a photo of IllumiNations from the bridge in Italy.

Disney3-09SheldonsBirthday142.jpg

Linda

Thanks Linda! Gorgeous photos. I'm trying to decide if the dessert party photography through Disney is worth the cost, but I think I'll regret it if I don't do it. Did you get to enjoy much of the show/desserts or were you too busy posing for pics?

Thanks for the comment on the photos. I think it is worth it to have a photographer during Wishes. As far as how much did we enjoy our Dessert Party - that is the question.

We got to the entrance to the UK around 8:00 and were allowed to go down around 8:15 or so. Misty (our photographer) went down a few minutes before we did and got some shots of the food. When we got down there she said she had asked if she could take us around a bit for some photos and they said yes. We were excited about this and my DH still is. We went to the UK (on the streets and by the telephone booth) and to France. I am very happy we took the photos but felt we did not have time to enjoy our guests at the dessert party.

We got back around 8:50 or so - had some time to grab some desserts and speak with our guests and then Misty set us up for photos. We basically did not move during the fireworks. For most of the display, we were facing away from the fireworks and she got photos of us with the fireworks behind us. Towards the end of the fireworks we faced the fireworks and she got photos of our backs. We had Stan for our video and he taped the whole thing also.

I love both the photos of us in the countries and the ones during the firewoorks, but I had figured that prior to the fireworks would be a great time to relax and talk with our guests. I did speak to our guests about this a few weeks after the wedding and none of them felt slighted at all. We had spent alot of time with them the few days before the wedding and a few days after but I had really been looking forward to some hang out time at the dessert party that we did not get.

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter