Downtown L.A. Question

c&m

Love the Mouse but love my DH more for taking me t
Before we head to DL, we are spending 2 days in downtown L.A.--me to attend a conference at the L.A. Convention Center and DH with 2 DDs sightseeing.

We've narrowed down our hotel choices to Holiday Inn City Centre and the Hyatt Regency Downtown. Which one should I go for and can anyone give me any details, please. I've been told that the Holiday Inn is across the street from the convention center and that the Hyatt is 4 blocks away.

Also are there any sightseeing suggestions for my DH and 2 DDs (ages 5 and 2).

I don't have any information on the hotels in Downtown LA (sorry).

As for sightseeing, right there in DD LA:
  • Olvera Street ~ the birthplace of Los Angeles, also reachable by mini-bus They can go on a couple of little tours in the buildings there, and get a flavor of the beginnings of Los Angeles
  • Chinatown is also nearby, but I'm not sure about it since I haven't been there in years
  • La Brea Tarpits ~ I think you could probably take a bus west on 7th Street (turns into Wilshire Blvd) and visit the La Brea Tarpits. They are pits with actual bones of saber toothed lions, giant sloths, mammoths, etc. The Page Museum is right there & you can see what they have excavated.
  • Griffith Park Observatory ~ Will have to drive there, but it's a nice place to visit (& pretty close to the Hollywood Sign)
  • City Hall ~ You can climb to the top and look out over the city (provided we're not shrouded in smog)
  • On the other side of Griffith Park is the Los Angeles Zoo, and a nice park to visit with some trails to walk

These are some of the things your family can do while you're at the conference.

Thanks, Mary Jo, for your wonderful suggestions! I think the LA Zoo is going to be a winner with the kids!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter