Downtown Disney

nmccrea

Earning My Ears
I have a question.The first day we get there,we are landing at the airport around 4:30pm.So for this day I didn't get any park passes and was just planning on relaxing(maybe by the pool) and having something to eat.But I just some photos of ALL the shops and thought maybe this would be a good place to go.But I was wondering can you go here without using park passes?Any ideas?

No park passes are required. There are lots of shops and restaurants, as well as junk food opportunities. Kids can play at the Lego store and there are a couple of rides for little ones that are around $2. There's also a movie theater. It's a great way to spend some time.

we go to DTD usually on our first day just to relax.. its a nice place to walk around.. if you go try eating at Earl of Sandwich.. very good light food!

We are planning our 2nd day in the world relaxing around the pool and exploring DTD. We love every trip we have made to DTD. Great shopping and great food.

We hit it on our arrival day as well. We usually eat at the Rainforest Cafe for dinner. I always buy a personalized Christmas ornament, and going early in our trip makes it possible to order it and have it shipped to the resort.

We always to DTD the first day there. Even thoug we will be at DW by about 10:00 am we are still taking the day to relax, swim and see DTD. For us we dont do much more than shop, and walk around but it is a nice way to enjoy a few hours on a relaxing day.

We prefer to do DTD late in the trip (good for a last day), but I can see the value of shipping items to your room. Be careful when entering the World of Disney - this place is HUGE, and you can easily get seperated from the rest of your party (voice of experience talking, here!).

Reagarding Disney Quest, can you use a park pass to get in? Or do you have to buy a separate ticket like the water parks?

We also land between 4 and 5:30. So we always go to DTD and eat at Capn Jacks. Then we walk around DTD until we think our lagguage is in our room. We enjoy it.

Reagarding Disney Quest, can you use a park pass to get in? Or do you have to buy a separate ticket like the water parks?
I beleive this requires a seperate ticket - unless there is an option on the Magic Your Way Ticket...

Thanks, I thought it required a separate ticket also. Just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing out on something else a base ticket can do.

doombuggy, OMG! You're going to Club 33 in 4 days! How cool - must send pictures of the food and tell us all about it! Have loads of fun!

We always do DTD on our first day. We try to do the "re-eye" flight, so that gets us in MCO around 8am. By the time we get our luggage, pick up the rental car, get checked in and eat a quick breakfast, it's usually somewhere around noon. Perfect time to get there.

We also make sure to go back to DTD three or four times during the trip as well. We love it there. :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter