Downtown Disney (Tues. 1/30) and Disneyland Trip (Wed. 1/31)

Disney Anna

DIS Veteran
The Characters:
Myself: Disneyaholic
DH: Has no magic
Sister: Disneyaholic visiting from Chicago
Neice: 7 year old Disneyaholic (the legacy continues)

Downtown Disney:
Left San Diego at 10 a.m. approx. and arrived at Downtown Disney at noon. Was pleased that there was no traffic and there was tons of upclose parking at the Downtown Disney parking lot. Also was very, very easy to follow signs and park.

We started out by doing a quick tour of the entire DD area. It is wonderful! I was very impressed. It is hard to believe that they have been able to build all of these wonderful shops and restaurants out of nothing.

We decided to eat at the Rainforest Cafe. The size of this restaurant is very impressive. The decor was terrific. There was only a short 15 minute wait. (Later we bumped into our host at the Rainforest. He said that over the weekend there is a 4 hour wait to eat)

The rest of the restaurants looked wonderful and I'm looking forward to trying them all out over time.

The only store we visited was the World of Disney. It is amazing. Everything you could ever want.

I loved the new monorail station. It seems very convenient. I am already planning to use this station on slow days (if there are any in the immediate future.) It would be just like old times for us AP holders. You could drive to DD, park there right by the monorail. Jump on and go to the park for 3 hours (5 with validation). Therefore avoiding the M & friends parking structure.

It took us approximately 5 hours to eat, stroll, do a little shopping and also check out the Disneyland Hotel.

Disneyland:
The next day we spent at the park. It was a great day to go, perfect weather and no crowds. The only bummer was that Space Mountain was being refurbished - I knew that from the web site. But, It's A Small World was also down and it was supposed to be up that day. Also, the POC was down all day. Later I heard some lady had fallen inside the attraction.

Also, Roger Rabbit was closed as was Gadget's Go Coaster. Also, many, many restaurants were down.

Even so, we had a wonderful, wonderful time.

Thanks so much Disney Anna for posting your trip report! I enjoyed reading it. It's hard to keep the envy down that I feel for you Californians that can visit the happiest place on earth whenever you want but I am trying to deal with it!

Again, thanks for posting. Your report makes me excited about visiting DL one day.

Lisa

CBR - 10/98
BC - 10/98
BC - 6/00
GF - 9/00
Dolphin - 6/01

mirror.gif
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#00009c>Disney Anna,
Thank you for the very nice report!

<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#FF0066>Mary Jo
mms.gif

Disneyland Board Co-Moderator
galw.gif

My Disneyland Site
My Sequoia/Yosemite Trip

Dress Up Your Posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter