Downtown disney resort question

longnex

Earning My Ears
I see on the WDW map that they have several hotels (Hilton, Doubletree, Best Western, Courtyard by Marriot, Regal Sun and Royal plaza) but I cant find a description about any of these hotels. Are they part of WDW? Do they offer Disney transportation? Are they worth staying at? Thanks

I see on the WDW map that they have several hotels (Hilton, Doubletree, Best Western, Courtyard by Marriot, Regal Sun and Royal plaza) but I cant find a description about any of these hotels. Are they part of WDW? Do they offer Disney transportation? Are they worth staying at? Thanks

They aren't WDW property hotels. They are hotels owned by other hotel chains. If you look them up on internet, you may find the prices of each may be somewhat close, except the Hilton. I was at the Best Western one a couple months ago and I thought the rooms needed some updating but overall it was a nice hotel. I believe the hotel called Regal Sun is called something else now. It has changed names a few times. I'm pretty sure they all may offer transportation to the Disney parks. Most hotels in the Lake Buena Vista area do. My advice is just go to Google and type "Double Tree Down Town Disney", and Best Western Down Town Disney, etc...and look up these hotels individually to compare them. That really is a great location they all are in.

They are not part of WDW

They do not offer WDW transportation.

They also will not include any other on site perks like dining or extra magic hours etc etc..

Are they worth staying in? That would be up to the guest, to me, no, to others, obviously yes.

They're also not in Downtown Disney. Just close by. As for whether or not they're worth it: they don't have DME, Disney transportation, EMH privileges, DDP. But they may be less expensive. If you don't need the benefits of a Disney resort, then they may very well be worth it.

The DTD hotels are on WDW property, so they're part of WDW. They're located across the road from DTD, along Hotel Plaza Blvd.

Since they're not owned by Disney, you would be using their transportation; you're not on the Disney transportation system. You would not be able to get the dining plans, or use DME. Only the Hilton includes access to EMH. There's no free parking at the theme parks.

You can find some great deals at these hotels, and they're very close to the Crossroads shopping center and Apopka Vineland Blvd, if you like to eat offsite, there are plenty of choices nearby.

I'm going to move this over to the Orlando Hotels board. :thumbsup2

These hotels have different corporate ownership, but they got together to form a website promoting their unique location. Here's a link:
http://www.downtowndisneyhotels.com/

The downtown disney resorts do have transportation to the parks via their DTD Resort bus and the Hilton does offer access to the EMH perk. There is also a character breakfast at the hilton.

Teresa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter