Downtown Disney hotels: Grosvenor, Hotel Royal Plaza, or Best Western-- which one?

I never stayed at the RP, but I'd like to some day. Several in-the-know folks speak highly of it.

I've stayed in the BW and the Gros. I found the BW excellent, if the money is right (right = $75 per night, or less). The rooms are old, but clean, and large. The commons area (lobby, restaurants, bar/lounge) are recently re-furbed and awesome. The location isn't to be beat. And the pool is nice, but small. In September, it was a joy. I've often wondered if I'd change my mind if I stayed there in July.

Grosvenor: I wouldn't stay there as a ghost.

Pat

I love BW. Main reason the Balconies & Room size. right now there is a 49 rate on this site. i have heard good things about RP. Grov does not get that gate reviews.

Kae

BW gets my vote.... the rooms are very big & staff is friendly. Never stayed at the RP..... didn't care for the Grov

Wow! $25 a night is showing up a lot on PL! That is amazing! I am still holding off on renting a house. Can you rent a fridge at BW? I was going to rent a house and take my family, but it looks like they cannot go after all:( If it is just DD and I, I want to save money since she (5 years old:smooth: ) will only want a bed to nap in. If it is just us, I don't see us leaving the area. The trip is for her and she wants Disney!

We are also going in December the week before Christmas so I don't think crowds will be a problem since we are talking about Dec 13-19. Thanks!

Originally posted by lexis53
Wow! $25 a night is showing up a lot on PL! That is amazing! I am still holding off on renting a house. Can you rent a fridge at BW?

Yes, at least a year ago you could. I believe it was ten bucks a day.

Pat

Thanks for the quick reply! :D This is such a helpful and friendly place for us newbies!

I stayed at the BWLBV for one night three weeks ago. I got the hotel on Priceline for $25. We had a very pleasant stay, no problems at all. We did pay the resort fee of $5.00.

Does anyone know if the Grosvenor has a resort fee? I won a PL bid there for our 1st few nights before our cruise, but now you guys have me worried!!! :eek:

I had the same question. Which, if any, of the Downtown Disney Resorts have Early Entry privileges? Also, do they all have resort fees now?

I think the Hilton is the only hotel with EE. Problem is the hotel has to pay extra for the early buses.

Spent 4 nights at this resort. It is beautiful - only problem was checking in. Had to wait until 4PM. Changed into swimsuits and used pools and SPA until checkin was available. The nice part,
the Wyndham is the first pickup and first dropoff of the Downtown Resorts. Easy walk to Downtown Disney and Pleasure Island. Buses run on the half hour beginning at 8AM to each park. Always had a seat:D :D Would definitely consider staying here again if the price was right. Our room had a balcony where we could watch the fireworks at night. Check out the 27th floor restaurant and lobby bar. Excellent view!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter