Downgrade and upgrade at the same time!!!

Westcorkdisfan

Earning My Ears
I just cancelled Cabana Bay to stay at Rosen Inn closest to Universal...... $500 cheaper for 4 people over 3 nights. Just booked 1 night at Hard Rock Hotel! $415 but express pass for the 2 days we will be at parks! Am delighted!!!! Although of course would rather spend all 3 nights at HRH!

Experiencing a nice hotel for 1 night is definitely better than never experiencing it!

I've done a lot of split stays. It gave me the chance to experience a little more luxury once in a while. I recommend it!

Wow, you must have gotten an amazing deal at the Rosen Inn!!! Care to share your dates and rates?

Hi, I booked the 28th of October for 3 nights thru booking.com. delighted with the rate and that includes tax.

@Westcorkdisfan, how was the Rosen? I have a good rate at the Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando for Feb. I don;t know if it is too far away from Disney or not. I will be driving and parking each day. Thanks!

Hi. The Rosen we stayed at was the one closest to Universal. It was fine. It was a good location for Universal. We stayed near Disney for that part of our trip. We stayed tbe one night at The Hard Rock and that definately spoiled us!!!! And the express pass was fantastic!!!

Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando is a decent budget hotel...but it is no Cabana Bay. We have stayed at both.

Rosen's rooms are nice. The hotel is older and has been refurbed at some point. Location is great for International Drive but so-so for Universal. There is a free shuttle, but it is shared, infrequent and slow.

Hotel dining room, bar and check-in area are functional but forgetable. Pools are barely heated, and they all back onto I-4. Staff is indifferent.

Ask for a room away from the freeway. It is noisy.

The Rosen attracts conventioners, package deal vacationers, and families on a budget. When we stayed there, it was kind of noisy.

Up the street a bit is another place we have stayed...Avanti Resort. Somewhat more expensive but a better hotel.

By contrast, Cabana Bay is indeed much more expensive, but a wonderful hotel.

Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter